Change cabin (guarantee) after assignment?

jayoldschool

7 minutes ago, jayoldschool said:

I know we've talked about this in the past, but a search hasn't turned up a result for me. Can you move to a different (same cat) cabin after being assigned when booked on a GTY?

Move Up maybe?

I changed cabins on my Equinox sailing on July 30.  I booked a balcony guarantee in early June directly with Celebrity.   Within a few days a concierge cabin almost at the very end of the ship was assigned.  I called and was able to move to another concierge cabin a few doors closer to mid-ship.

1 hour ago, jayoldschool said:

I know we've talked about this in the past, but a search hasn't turned up a result for me. Can you move to a different (same cat) cabin after being assigned when booked on a GTY?

After being assigned you can call and request a cabin number change (same category). Don't mention that it was a guarantee booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I"ve done it a number of time as long as there was at least one cabin available in you classification.  I also have upgaded (from an S2 to a S1)  when the price of a S1 dropped to $10 higher than what I had paid for the S2.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jayoldschool said:

The answer for me was YES.  There must be another cabin in the identical category as the GTY.  And you have to hope that your cabin is assigned so that you have time to do make a change.  Our Celebrity agent suggested we book a guarantee as there was a huge inventory and that on this sailing, the cabin assignment came within days.  That was the case and the agent moved us to a more desirable location.  Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

YES - no problem doing this.  I did it just a few days ago.  Only waited a minute for an agent and I asked for the same category cabin but higher deck.  They asked if I had a cabin in mind so I mentioned one and I got it.  Do a mock booking and see what's available in the same category, pick the cabin and then call.  It was easy !

• Thanks 1

Most times you seem to be able to do this but I have had a couple of times when I was told no you can't move a GTY cabin, if you want to change to a specified cabin even in the same category it's at prevailing rates (non GTY).

As always say thank you and call back!

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Thanks 1

I just booked Beyond for Jan 2025 and picked a specific cabin on Port side, even though I was toying with a different cabin on Starboard side, and they told me if I wanted to pick the Starboard room in the same category, all I needed to do was call back to my vacation planner and they could do it (of course as long as that other cabin was available)

PS - not sure what GTY is

Edited by Cruise till you drop

Just did this.  It was the first time I booked a guarantee cabin.  I received a cabin assignment a few days later in the forward section of the ship.  Contacted my TA the same day and I was moved to a midship cabin in the same category.

• 2 months later...