4* Question

saltshell

When we have ordered flowers for the cabin, they are very lovely and last forever.  Much better deal than ordering flowers at home, so we have found they are worth their full price.  Holland is a flower producing country,  so this is just one more Dutch signature on HAL ships.

However, you often do not get the arrangement shown in the picture, if they don't have these onboard - so best bet is to order the lowest price arrangement and you will probably like whatever you get just as well. Unless it is special for roses or some other single flower type arrangement. Then you should get exactly what you ordered.

They did just offer a very special price ($29) for a "birthday" arrangement, apparently because they had my birthdate on file. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Petronillus said:

This  is why I keep coming back to this HAL board. Other than because of this string it would not have occurred to me to order flowers on board. Now I can't wait.

If you order the pink and white  one with the baby's breath, Peruvian lilies and daisies (near the end of the list), I bet it will last you for at least a full two week cruise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

This  is why I keep coming back to this HAL board. Other than because of this string it would not have occurred to me to order flowers on board. Now I can't wait.

They are wonderful, the prices are very reasonable and the quality excellent 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

Unless I am ordering for someone I am not sailing with, I order on board.  Then you can see the choices and there are often others.

FWIW, the bouquets I have ordered for others on line were beautiful and very similar to the pics from which they were chosen and usually nicer.  I have seen pics of them all.  I have also had the surprise of flowers ordered for me and they were beautiful as well.

• Like 1

We had a bit of OBC to use on a 14 day cruise, so I ordered one of the smallest arrangements available for our cabin.  The bouquet was much larger than expected & really nice.  But the smile on our cabin steward's face when he delivered them was worth so much more than we paid.

• Like 4

Thanks for your answer. I always order flowers. Remember when HAL had abundant flower arrangements throughout the ship? My sister who historically pooh pools cruising is sailing with me; her 1st cruise. I really am focused on her having a positive experience.

• Like 1

Once onboard, there is a book at Pax Services desk you can look through to order flowers. You can also buy the vases that you see throughout the ship. The flower arranging demonstration is very popular - suggest arriving early for a seat. Many times, there will be a give away for the arrangements that are done during the show. I won a beautiful bouquet on my birthday!!🥀🌷

All my cruise photos include pictures of the arrangements on the ship - they're definitely one of the things we enjoy about HAL. They smell really good, too 😊

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Banditswife said:

We had a bit of OBC to use on a 14 day cruise, so I ordered one of the smallest arrangements available for our cabin.  The bouquet was much larger than expected & really nice.  But the smile on our cabin steward's face when he delivered them was worth so much more than we paid.

What a good idea! I have a cruise next year with the early booking HIA + grats. And I have more OBC than I may use. I've been sent flowers as a bon voyage gift, but never thought to treat myself to some. Better use of OBC than another t-shirt.

• Like 2

Since I have only ordered flowers 1x- NS, wondering if all the ships do the same great job.  The photos shown here are beautiful, so I am assuming they came from different ships/crew.  

The napkin designs are really nice as well.  Thanks for sharing

3 hours ago, Banditswife said:

Since I have only ordered flowers 1x- NS, wondering if all the ships do the same great job.  The photos shown here are beautiful, so I am assuming they came from different ships/crew. 

I bought the Catherine bouquet (red and pink Carnations) for embarkation day delivery on our B2B on K'dam last New Year's Eve. The first leg was 9 days followed by 7 days. The bouquet easily lasted through the 9 days and with a little stem trimming lasted at least half of the second leg. On our next cruise I will order early and nip those stems every couple days and see how long they will last!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Banditswife said:

Every ship I've gotten flowers on have all been equally beautiful and long lasting. If the flower arranging demo is later into your cruise (it used to be 1st sea day, but last few cruises it's been closer to end) you can take your flowers & they'll freshen them up for you.

We've given some of the napkin birds & napkin flowers to guest services who have helped us - they love them!

20230816_012750.jpg

20230816_012727.jpg

20230816_012701.jpg

20230531_220911.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Uploads
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Banditswife said:

In my experience, they do.  I’ve had/ordered flowers on the Prinsendam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, old Rotterdam, Koningsdam along with other ships no longer in the fleet.  I probably missed some ships but this is one area where in my experience HAL is NOT inconsistent 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

When you order can you specify the vase? I love the little triangular ones.

Yes, there are various vases offered among the menu of flower choices.  You can view them under the "gifts" selection when you are booked. Not sure if you can view the choices, if you do not have a reservation already.  

Part of the choices are the different shapes of an arrangement - thinking about where you will place the vase in your stateroom - tall and narrow, flat and spreading, etc. 

• Like 1