• Maybe - I would consider on a case by case basis

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Future charges might be for specific lectures

A rated entertainment

Autographs from famous passengers

Drinking water

Entertainment on tenders

Extra napkins in MDR

Worried about the drinking water mention. Do I have to pay $32 for a case and make it last the week as they go to Navy rations of one three minute shower every two days (hot water not included)?

I am telling you, quit giving them ideas!

🤣

14 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Worried about the drinking water mention. Do I have to pay $32 for a case and make it last the week as they go to Navy rations of one three minute shower every two days (hot water not included)?

🤣

I can see one day food being brought in from a WaWa and extra charges .

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I can see one day food being brought in from a WaWa and extra charges .

I would like to know how much it will cost to train the "Wawa" (Native American word for the Canadian Goose, part of their trademark) for long distance delivery.

Might need to order a week in advance if requiring "air" delivery on the water.

😁

37 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I would like to know how much it will cost to train the "Wawa" (Native American word for the Canadian Goose, part of their trademark) for long distance delivery.

Might need to order a week in advance if requiring "air" delivery on the water.

😁

WaWa is in NJ.They can easily deliver to Bayonne and or Manhattan.

• Haha 1

Re towel animals, I am torn on yes or no.  I do not want them, ever again. The first couple of times, years ago, it was cute. Now it is clutter, and a waste of resources to me.  I always request none.

People can choose to pay for flowers, wine, cabin decorations. So why not towel animals?

However, that would add bookkeeping work, and I can just see the posts that would start appearing:

"I bought the 7-night package, and only got 6 animals, and one of them was a duplicate.  If GS refuses to refund me, I'm removing all my gratuities!!"

"Of course they are mine to take home; I paid for the package.  I brought an empty suitcase so I can take them."

As long as I never get another one, I guess I'm okay.

Benefits of towel animals vs real animals as pets:

No cat box to clean

No shedding

No walks when it's cold or hot outside

No accidents on the carpet

No vet visits

No fleas

No animal in heat

No loud barking

No clawed up furniture

No hairballs

No pet food to buy

No pet-sitter needed during vacation 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2023 at 5:04 PM, Engineroom Snipe said:

🤣

I recently discovered that “Evian” is really just “Naive” spelled  backwards! In light of this I have now requested “Tityllis” which I believe is a Greek brand? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jetdriver787
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jbooth2099 said:

We are soon to be "Cardboard" with RCL.  I sent my wife to a towel folding class on one of our Carnival cruises.  Here is what she learned.

How To Fold Towels | Fit Any Size Shelf | Interweave Healthcare

This is a dog, an elephant and a cat wearing sunglasses.  

Great job!!!

For what I think is the first time ever, our current room steward seemed to take an instant dislike to me after we boarded? Unusual generally speaking, and even more unusual since it normally takes people at least a day before they usually do? 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, I think things may be starting to improve as tonight I found a towel sculpture of a mildly overweight man with my spare glasses on, and the lost knife I had stolen from Windjammers neatly placed through it! 👍

On 8/15/2023 at 6:43 PM, PashaPoo said:

For years we have told the steward that the towel fairy would stop by each night and he might leave a tip if he liked the towel animal.     We did this instead of tipping at the end.  And the animals were fantastic.  By the end of the trip the towels were spectacular more and more each night.    

And we tipped twice more than usual and had great fun. The last seven day trip, the steward built an alligator with an apple in his snout and it was so big he had to put it in the middle of the bed.   the steward could not wait to see if we liked it, he told us they were no longer permitted to do animals every night, but since we were in a suite he gave us one every night and he enjoyed our appreciation of his work and he felt certain we would not complain.     We have done this for years, but I guess we will have to stop on our next trip since rules have changed.   so sad.  What is the UEUP?  Unlimited Elevator?

Years ago, our cabin attendant surprised us with a life size towel man lounging on the sofa, holding the Cruise Compass and wearing hubby's sun glasses. He had clothes on too; T Shirt and gym shorts. We were blown away.

• Like 1

My DH and I enjoy the towel animals.  The coolest was one that was full size, propped on the bed, wearing my extra sunglasses and hat.  Totally and radically cool.  Great tip for that.  So, it is something we look forward to and then we use those for extra towels instead of requesting extra towels when needed.  Last cruise on diff line, if you did not take the animal apart to use as extra towels, the room steward did and to make your next animal.   But pay for them, nope. Would hate to see that cut as well.  

Truly though - for adults - is there a correlation between towel animals and cruise satisfaction? Is this the make or break point for you? Someone in their 50s / 60s /70s goes into their cabin and gushes over a towel elephant - then what? This is something cruise lines should have abolished years ago.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 12:06 PM, lenquixote66 said:

WaWa is in NJ.They can easily deliver to Bayonne and or Manhattan.

Wawa is also a town in Northern Ontario. They are famous for the big goose.

Edited by RD64
Additional