Sanctuary

3Gram

Need to get to the Sanctuary rather quickly once boarding as they sell out fast on warmer weather itineraries.  Staff will be there to gladly take your reservation (and money, charged to your room of course).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 3Gram said:

Is there a way to reserve spots in the Sanctuary before our cruise, or is it something we have to do once onboard?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Further to the advice above, you need to try and get upstairs to the Sanctuary ASAP, as in as fast as possible, no stops, no delays.  Sea day slots sell out very fast, and even us Elite status folks who get to board among the very first are often shut out of getting decent loungers. You can improve your chances by opting for port days if there is a stop you've been to a thousand times e.g, for us, Cozumel), don't care if you are in full sun, or want a $220/day Cabana.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Make sure you board early. Have the fastest of you head to the Sanctuary as fast as you are able (I've heard firsthand stories of literal footraces). Make a list in advance of the days and times you'd like, in order of preference in the event that your first choice (and second, and third) is already full.

And make sure you don't accidentally head to the wrong end of the ship, as my GF did on our last cruise. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's all rather manual for booking your lounger or cabana. They will usually offer to take you around to select your spot from those that are available. Bookings are written on sheets for each day and coloured in according to half days/full days. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f8d4e4322391dc5a70b296cd0b49d4da.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Further to the advice above, you need to try and get upstairs to the Sanctuary ASAP, as in as fast as possible, no stops, no delays.  Sea day slots sell out very fast, and even us Elite status folks who get to board among the very first are often shut out of getting decent loungers. You can improve your chances by opting for port days if there is a stop you've been to a thousand times e.g, for us, Cozumel), don't care if you are in full sun, or want a $220/day Cabana.

Thanks! We’ve been to all 3 stops several times so we weren’t planning any excursions this time around and so a port day may be the day we try for!

7 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

Last cruise, we were onboard by 11a and at the Retreat pool adjacent to the Sanctuary by 11:30. There was already a line of 30-40 people waiting for the tour/sign up. 

LOL.  If I boarded a ship at 11am, I would consider myself slowing down if I was not presenting myself at the Sanctuary desk less than five minutes later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dides said:

It's all rather manual for booking your lounger or cabana. They will usually offer to take you around to select your spot from those that are available. Bookings are written on sheets for each day and coloured in according to half days/full days. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f8d4e4322391dc5a70b296cd0b49d4da.jpeg

Which ship is this?  A newer Royal Class?  There are too many cabanas IMO.  And the front is all taken up with a hot tub and lounges.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Which ship is this?  A newer Royal Class?  There are too many cabanas IMO.  And the front is all taken up with a hot tub and lounges.

On the bottom left of the sheet it says “Rotterdam”. My guess is this was just an example of what to expect on Princess 🙂 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

On the bottom left of the sheet it says “Rotterdam”. My guess is this was just an example of what to expect on Princess 🙂 

No, it is a Princess ship (appears to be Royal Class, newer).  Rotterdam is a reference to a port day which is a typical notation.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

It was Enchanted Princess from an ex-Southampton cruise last year

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No, it is a Princess ship (appears to be Royal Class, newer).  Rotterdam is a reference to a port day which is a typical notation.

Damn, continued proof I don’t know what the hell im talking about 😂🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 12:42 PM, JGmf said:

Need to get to the Sanctuary rather quickly once boarding as they sell out fast on warmer weather itineraries.  Staff will be there to gladly take your reservation (and money, charged to your room of course).

Here's a silly question. When charging things to the cabin, does it automatically come out of OBC first? 

Echoing what everyone else is saying...you need to basically teleport yourself to the Sanctuary to even have a chance. I will add that I think splurging for a cabana is so worth it if you have the means to do so. We did one during a port day (again, like someone said upthread...a stop we'd already been to several times) and it was so relaxing and posh. 

Unfortunately our most recent Sanctuary experience on the Enchanted was not very good.  Was probably 3rd in line to reserve and the only sea day available had two lounges tucked into the corner with no breeze at all.  Could have been ok, but a group of 4 couples had reserved together and it was non stop party.  They even had multiple people coming in and out visiting with them all day.  The visitors were even using the hot tub lol.  Manager was nowhere to be found til end of day (looking for a tip?.  Many other trips it was great.  

20 minutes ago, Captain k said:

Unfortunately our most recent Sanctuary experience on the Enchanted was not very good.  Was probably 3rd in line to reserve and the only sea day available had two lounges tucked into the corner with no breeze at all.  Could have been ok, but a group of 4 couples had reserved together and it was non stop party.  They even had multiple people coming in and out visiting with them all day.  The visitors were even using the hot tub lol.  Manager was nowhere to be found til end of day (looking for a tip?.  Many other trips it was great.  

If this happens again, just ask one of the Sanctuary Stewards to get the manager and they will make sure that people who haven't paid can not come in to visit and enjoy the amenities. 

• Like 2