Can you purchase pitchers of beer/ bucket of beer to take back to your balcony?

shiner6

I see where my cruise is almost sold out. I do not want to spend a lot of time waiting to be served a drink on this vacation. Would it make sense to get a "bulk" purchase then head back to my own balcony?

• Like 1

Yes, unless something has changed.

I usually get a bucket of 4 beers in the evening, especially when they're on sale.  I either take them with me and watch the Dive In Movie or take them back to my room.  The cool thing is, if you don't drink them all, the cleaning staff will fill your bucket with ice the following day so the remaining beers are cold.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

Yes. I do it on every cruise (note you can’t get buckets on the Cheers package). 

While that is indeed the rule, I got a pool deck server to get me a bucket of beer while out on the Lido deck on while having Cheers package on the Breeze a few weeks ago. Tipped him an additional $10 and took the bucket back to the room lol. So I would say there are some exceptions to the rule. Idk how they get around it at the register, but this server did. 

16 minutes ago, cruisingtx said:

While that is indeed the rule, I got a pool deck server to get me a bucket of beer while out on the Lido deck on while having Cheers package on the Breeze a few weeks ago. Tipped him an additional $10 and took the bucket back to the room lol. So I would say there are some exceptions to the rule. Idk how they get around it at the register, but this server did. 

You may have got away with it, but I would not expect to bank on this happening.  Cheers does not allow for bucket purchases.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

You may have got away with it, but I would not expect to bank on this happening.  Cheers does not allow for bucket purchases.

You just tell the server or bartender to give you a beer every 5 minutes. They'll give you a bucket and ice to carry them in. 😎

• Like 10

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

Money talks. Additional tips work in your favor when it comes to bending the rules for the Cheers package. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Why can't you just call for Room Service?

You can but it was the same price for 4 beers vs 6 up on the deck, which is why I sought it out. Room service is pricey for alcohol, or at least it was on the breeze. 

Edited by cruisingtx
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisingtx said:

There were no additional charges to the cheers pkg limit (15). And the bucket of beer was up to me on water works far before 30 mins. There are ways around this and I literally experienced this on my most recent cruise. They charged me for a bucket of beer, plus my additional tip which I happily paid because I knew the server was breaking the rules. 

tired of arguing.PNG

Oh so you paid for the bucket of beer even though you had Cheers. Yes that has always been allowed.

And I wasn't aware that you don't get the bucket discount via room service. That's a drag.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mz-s said:

Why can't you just call for Room Service?

I have a room extremely close to the bar--I do not have the cheers package. I simply like to sit on my balcony and enjoy a beer or two with my husband. We spend plenty of time with others on the ship in different venues.

Edited by shiner6
  • Like 2

On 8/19/2023 at 1:52 PM, LoungingMcCoy said:

Yes, unless something has changed.

I usually get a bucket of 4 beers in the evening, especially when they're on sale.  I either take them with me and watch the Dive In Movie or take them back to my room.  The cool thing is, if you don't drink them all, the cleaning staff will fill your bucket with ice the following day so the remaining beers are cold.

the room attendant?

1 hour ago, madera cruiser said:

24 Carnival cruises and have never seen buckets o' beer on sale.

I’ve seen buckets on sale on ships with a red frog pub.  And not just the normal bucket savings.  Usually on embarkation day and on port days for limited hours.  This was pre COVID when I didn’t have cheers or DOU.  I’ve had the drink package every time post Covid so not sure if they still offer it.  

19 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The fact that they charged you got d bucket of beers was a mistake by the bartender.  The fact that you need to consume more than 15 beers over the course of a day is another matter...edit, if you have established a rapport with a server, they will space out the entering of the drinks in the system to include them with Cheers.  You paid your 60 + 18% for the package and another 59.21 for 5 or 6 beers.  If you need that many beers over the course of the day you would be better off sailing on another line that has an unlimited package.  

I got them specifically for the fridge in the room and drank them over the course of our sailing. lol It was nice to have a beer on the balcony without having to leave the room. Expensive? Yes. Can't argue with that. 

It was a first time cruise for us, and I just figured the pre purchased drinks you could get for the room would be available for the whole cruise. And they are, but at a much higher cost. Next time I'll just pre purchase the 4 pack of beer to the room for embarkation day, or I guess buy the bucket on day 1 when Cheers isn't activated yet to not have to find someone to do it once it's been activated. 

Edited by cruisingtx
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, cruisingtx said:

I got them specifically for the fridge in the room and drank them over the course of our sailing. lol It was nice to have a beer on the balcony without having to leave the room. Expensive? Yes. Can't argue with that. 

it was probably still cheaper than the minibar

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cmichael1221 said:

Maybe you should find another cruise line, instead of criticizing a Carnival customer for being able to drink 15 beers over the course of 24 hours.  Get a life.

I'll be on six different cruise lines this year, so I've already found other ones to cruise on besides Carnival.  And if the epitome of someone's cruise is to consume 15 beers on Cheers and try to finagle other ways to consume more, then they should really choose another way of vacationing.  The mentality that goes into the need to drink over 15 beers over the course of a day could possibly run hand in hand with the proclivity of fighting that occurs on some Carnival cruises.

If someone needs more than 15 drinks per day, they can cruise on MSC, NCL or RCI, since none of them have a 15 drink maximum policy.

15 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I'll be on six different cruise lines this year, so I've already found other ones to cruise on besides Carnival.  And if the epitome of someone's cruise is to consume 15 beers on Cheers and try to finagle other ways to consume more, then they should really choose another way of vacationing.  The mentality that goes into the need to drink over 15 beers over the course of a day could possibly run hand in hand with the proclivity of fighting that occurs on some Carnival cruises.

If someone needs more than 15 drinks per day, they can cruise on MSC, NCL or RCI, since none of them have a 15 drink maximum policy.

I can hit 15 beverages in a 15 hour day and have yet to resort to fighting even when faced with those who make assumptions about those they do not know.  

• Like 5

On 8/20/2023 at 3:19 PM, shiner6 said:

I have a room extremely close to the bar--I do not have the cheers package. I simply like to sit on my balcony and enjoy a beer or two with my husband. We spend plenty of time with others on the ship in different venues.

You can order two 4-packs of beer pre-cruise and they'll be waiting for you when you board.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

You can order two 4-packs of beer pre-cruise and they'll be waiting for you when you board.

I have done that already, might last 2 days! I am thinking that some people have taken over this thread in the wrong way.  I never meant or asked a question about the 15 drink limit daily, nor do I care what amount others consume. I simply wanted to know if I can take beer back to my own porch!

Edited by shiner6
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1