Is anyone on a cruise in a Sky Suite that can comment about the changes instead of speculating.

aml3679

22 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

I must be in the minority.  We are on Apex beginning of next month, and were originally in a concierge class because there were no sky suites available.  A week or so ago I noticed a sky suite had opened up and jumped on it.  The main reason?  It's a bigger cabin and we want the additional space for our 12 night cruise.  Secondary reasons were the included tips/wifi/drink package, and additional onboard credit.

The potential lack of a butler didn't concern me in the least.  I would never consider spending the not insignificant amount of additional money just to make sure someone was setting up my breakfast table; I'm not so special that I can't pour my own coffee.   Is it a devaluation?  Sure.  But to swear off ever booking a sky suite again because you won't have a butler to set up your breakfast table?  And ignoring that fact that that means you're also giving up a lot of extra space and other benefits?  That's a classic example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

w1 - while I have yet to sail in The Retreat, but with certainty can say when I do, I will bring along my own butler to supplement what X may or may not be able to accommodate me with. Thus thwarting the issue or question.

Currently on sailings of nine (9) nights or longer I do bring along the 'extra' help and it is, for us, a veranda cabin. This costs less than purchasing a suite for The Butler Service... IMO. Inside cabins are very reasonable, often times.

The extra space in suites would be welcomed, I Am sure, yet service is more of a premium for us. The question is how does one want to pay for it???

bon voyage

18 minutes ago, sixpackeddie said:

Yes John and Mudit, saw them on our way off the ship this morning. Both very busy and hard working, they certainly have there hands full.

I you experience a problem with your sky suite while aboard the reflection reach out to the Retreat Manager Bartosz extension 5430 he was very receptive to us and hope you have the same experience. 

Good information and thanks for your observations while on board. 

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

Would you be upset if after you booked and paid (which we have)  they took away the  beverage package?  It’s not whether you use a inclusion a lot or a little it was part of what you paid for.

Of course I would, but that's not an equivalent comparison.  The beverage package has an easily quantifiable monetary value, and that monetary value is significant.  On the other hand, the value of the various little things that butlers did is very subjective and not easily quantifiable.  They also aren't advertised front and center when you make a booking, the way they included drinks package etc. are

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

Would you be upset if after you booked and paid (which we have)  they took away the  beverage package?  It’s not whether you use a inclusion a lot or a little it was part of what you paid for.

They have not taken away the butlers.

As others have said, some of us book suites for both the larger cabins and the Retreat (or Concierge level/Haven, etc.).  I started while cruising some of the bigger ships on Royal, with just my wife, and enjoyed having more private/exclusive-feeling areas on the ship from which to alter the experience in that way.  It's nice to have a sun deck where you're not fighting for real estate, it's nice to have more private breakfast area than the MDR, it's nice to have a lounge with snacks and espresso to relax in after visiting a port.  And it's really nice to not have to go to the MDR for dinner.

Personalized butler service is nice, but we aren't very demanding or needy, so it's not the determinant factor for us.

And while I see that some cruise much for frequently, we usually cruise once, maybe twice a year, so it's worth the extra money for the enhanced experience.

I will say the amount of negativity seen on these boards lately is a little disturbing, but I do understand we all have our own hot buttons and determining factors.

Edited by CruisinShips
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 8/21/2023 at 9:00 PM, aml3679 said:

We have a Sky Suite booked in November on the Silhouette.  Our first suite ever and maybe our last since we are retired and live only on social security.  We are celebrating our mutual retirements.

There are many people up in arms about not having a dedicated butler.  Some are even canceling their cruise.  Some say they are done with Celebrity.

It would be nice to hear from someone who is actually on a current cruise and can comment.

I am sure that I am not the only curious person.

Thanks.

I just completely read all the posts and find, as you have, that no one is really answering your question.  You asked for current information and are getting all kinds of what-if's again.

I am truly interested in your question as I also have a SS booked and would love to know ahead of time what is what.

Some posters just have to have their two cents in with every topic and they like to flaunt what they believe is their knowledge (which is usually just a guess).  Some of them even over utilized their Butlers so that they are now being done away with because some folks monopolize things preventing others from enjoying the same advantages.  You and most of us all know who you are.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, truckswain said:

They have not taken away the butlers.

Going from one butler dedicated to our suite and 10+/- other suites is much different than 2 or 4 stationed in the Retreat Lounge to handle 50-162 suites.  
These butlers will not be delivering RS orders, bringing snacks, checking the suite to take away used dishes &glasses, picking up and delivering laundry, occasionally surprising us with a bottle of wine or late night treat,  

These jobs may be done by others, and if done my multiple different crew that brings another concern how many people are accessing our suite. 

It has already been reported that the mini bars will not replenished which the butlers did.  Instead we can gather water, soda, etc from the Retreat Lounge and stock our own mini bar.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, swigso said:

I too can set up my breakfast but it is so nice to be brought to my cabin at the time I want.

Are you saying that in your now recent experience with the new policies that the butler team failed to bring you coffee at a specified time? Or are you just making a WAG that this will be neglected from now on?

10 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Here I am heading out to shop for bottled water in the Retreat Lounge.  Maybe I'll pick up a beer or two.

cml - are you taking orders??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

It seems to me Sky Suites lost the butler services and the room attendants promoted to Retreat Host

The retreat host will handle all the issues from Sky Suites customers.

Funny thing was this afternoon I told the attendant to remove drinks from the refrigerator and he told me I can do it myself and not him.

when I came back from the dinner drinks still left in the refrigerator.

Edited by verizon

9 minutes ago, verizon said:

It seems to me Sky Suites lost the butler services and the room attendants promoted to Retreat Host

Funny thing was this afternoon I told the attendant to remove drinks from the refrigerator and he told me I can do it myself and not him.

This definitely seems to be an issue that should be reported to the retreat team as needing to be addressed.

My next Sky suite sailing is not for 18 months.  I'll wait and see what people say.  I'd lose my $1500 deposit if I change anything.  But so many people are giving advice about "better" cruise lines that maybe we pick one of those instead and we lose the deposit.  We like the itinerary, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Going from one butler dedicated to our suite and 10+/- other suites is much different than 2 or 4 stationed in the Retreat Lounge to handle 50-162 suites.  
These butlers will not be delivering RS orders, bringing snacks, checking the suite to take away used dishes &glasses, picking up and delivering laundry, occasionally surprising us with a bottle of wine or late night treat,  

These jobs may be done by others, and if done my multiple different crew that brings another concern how many people are accessing our suite. 

It has already been reported that the mini bars will not replenished which the butlers did.  Instead we can gather water, soda, etc from the Retreat Lounge and stock our own mini bar.  

First hand experience or speculation?

28 minutes ago, verizon said:

My two cents, this is something that the concierges in Michaels Club/Retreat or Retreat Manager should be made aware of and address. If that fails or you don't get a reasonable answer, i.e. they are not allowed to remove guest amenities, then make the Hotel Director aware. Regardless of the level of suite anyone is in a crew member should not tell a guest to do something themselves. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

My two cents, this is something that the concierges in Michaels Club/Retreat or Retreat Manager should be made aware of and address. If that fails or you don't get a reasonable answer, i.e. they are not allowed to remove guest amenities, then make the Hotel Director aware. Regardless of the level of suite anyone is in a crew member should not tell a guest to do something themselves. 

I called the Retreat Host number and he answered and came to the room removed everything so I can put my medication.

problem solved.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, verizon said:

I called the Retreat Host number and he answered and came to the room removed everything so I can put my medication.

problem solved.

Good to hear it was taken care of and confirming the process. I, for one, appreciate the information to better understand the new process.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, verizon said:

how rude..Glad it was resolved but I would not want that person anywhere near my stateroom for any reason and would request that ftom the get go

• Like 1