Crown Loft Suite-Oasis

We just got off the Oasis of the Seas.  While we love the Crown Loft suites, this time we noticed a sewer smell in our lower level bathroom.  It was never resolved, although we did complain a few time to the cabin attendants and the concierge.  The cruise was great- except for the horrible behavior and crowding by kids.  We have taken August cruises out of NJ previously, but this ship seemed over capacity.  We enjoyed our time in the suite areas mostly as getting an elevator to the 17th floor was crazy most times of the day.  The main  pool had to be drained a few times during the cruise and it was contaminated by who knows what!  We never went into that pool.

The service in the suite lounge, coastal kitchen and specialty restaurants was excellent.  We hope that this crowding doesn't continue next year as we have booked two additional RC cruises.  

The sewer problem was probably from the trap valve getting stuck. Happened to us.  As far as overcrowding goes, yes it will be crowded.  Royal's marketing plan of kids sail free has filled the ship with many under 12is 3 and 4 person rooms.  Try Celebrity. Their suite program is heads and shoulders above Royal although their entertainment is a little below.

• Like 1

@Cruise a holic I hope you brought up your suite issue with the Hotel Director.  Unless you go to them before you leave the ship you are unlikely to get any compensation, but if you address is up the chain you most likely would have.  I realize most people aren't gunning for compensation but if you have an issue, you should let the management know about it and know about your disappointment.

6 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

The sewer problem was probably from the trap valve getting stuck. Happened to us.  As far as overcrowding goes, yes it will be crowded.  Royal's marketing plan of kids sail free has filled the ship with many under 12is 3 and 4 person rooms.  Try Celebrity. Their suite program is heads and shoulders above Royal although their entertainment is a little below.

KSF typically doesn’t include summer months as any FYI. So I doubt that is the reason.  More likely because the ship was built for families and then after renovation even more so.  They don’t generally add slides for adults.  

39 minutes ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

I have no idea how to even find the hotel director LOL.  Ask the concierge, maybe?

You can ask the concierge but their office is behind Guest Services.  When I had an issue staying on deck 17 I asked for HD at guest services. 

1 minute ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

Thanks, good to know!  We've never had a problem like this, but I'll be sniff testing for sure!

Fingers crossed that you never need to speak with them, other than to say a casual hello in passing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Fingers crossed that you never need to speak with them, other than to say a casual hello in passing.

I probably wouldn't know who it was 🙂  The last time we were on Oasis, I ran into the captain of the ship by the elevators in central park.  Half tipsy me said "Are you the captain?" because he had lots of gold on his uniform - He said "yes, I am"..  oops! lol  He was the nicest man and chatted with us for quite a few minutes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

I probably wouldn't know who it was 🙂  The last time we were on Oasis, I ran into the captain of the ship by the elevators in central park.  Half tipsy me said "Are you the captain?" because he had lots of gold on his uniform - He said "yes, I am"..  oops! lol  He was the nicest man and chatted with us for quite a few minutes.

That's pretty cool.  Over the years we have become friends with Captain Johnny, to the point we have joined him for dinner and some special visits up on the bridge with only my family.  

On Freedom in July we kept running into the hotel director around the ship.  She had friends onboard for the two sailings (3/4 day). They were beside us on the suite sundeck at sail away, sat right beside us at the Quest, at Cafe Promenade, and she was with us for park of the B2B turn around.  On every port day she greeted guests returning to the ship.  We became familiar faces over the 7 days, without saying much more than the following "hello, we meet again, and how are you today", with a bit more joking each time.  As it turns out her friends were on the same flight as us to Detroit, and they were continuing on to Croatia.  We had one final hello/good-bye that none of were expecting. 

• Like 1

We had that bathroom sewer issue once on Celebrity - they tried so many times to fix it and it never resolved.  So I sympathize.

I agree it seems that there are more and more kids filling up Royal.  I think last cruise they said they were sailing at 120% capacity. It was around Christmas time so school must have been out already.  We’re never sailing Royal again during school breaks.

the elevator situation has gotten out of control. 2 cruises ago I was traveling with my SIL who is in a wheelchair.  We tried and tried to get on an elevator but I couldn’t maneuver her fast enough and people kept filling up the elevator before we could get there-and these were adults who should know better! It happened over and over and I was on the verge of tears. Finally a very nice passenger spoke up and told everyone to wait and let us get on the next one.  

we sail again in a week but I have high hopes - schools in session, we’re on 17, no wheelchair but will have a stroller at times.