Transportation from Houston to Galveston

ugminer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Johnboy036, I just contacted Galveston Express for price quote for our February cruising out of Galveston. Are you saying if the person is 55 or more and we use them for a round trip, there is a discount, compared to their regular price?

15 hours ago, beshears said:

Are you saying if the person is 55 or more and we use them for a round trip, there is a discount, compared to their regular price?

Their website say there is a senior discount EXCEPT for a Sunday morning trip from the port.

With an additional $5 discount for Seniors (55+) and Children (10 & Under) when purchasing a round-trip ticket. 

(Sunday Shuttles booked during our Prime Time hours of 9.00 A.M. , 10:00 A.M , and 11:00 A.M. from Galveston, to either airport, will be charged an additional $5 and discounts will not apply to the reservation, including senior and child.)

10 hours ago, beshears said:

Toras you are right! I was glad that I seen the $5 discount, but the $50 extra fee (if the hotel is NOT in their area) might make up for the $5 discount.

You need to find out exactly which hotels are charged the extra fee.  For example, that fee is assessed even for the Marriott hotel located within the Bush Airport.  The terminal shuttle pickup point in the airport is almost next door.

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

You need to find out exactly which hotels are charged the extra fee.  For example, that fee is assessed even for the Marriott hotel located within the Bush Airport.  The terminal shuttle pickup point in the airport is almost next door.

I think reading the website clearly indicates ANY hotel that is actually serviced has a charge, no special circumstances, despite your personal opinion. I think the PP @beshears was indicating it may off set the senior discount?

What isn’t as clear on the website is whether you loose the senior discount if you take one of the prime return Sunday shuttles in addition to the surcharge. We have only taken one-way once FROM the airport. 

45 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I think reading the website clearly indicates ANY hotel that is actually serviced has a charge, no special circumstances, despite your personal opinion. I think the PP @beshears was indicating it may off set the senior discount?

What isn’t as clear on the website is whether you loose the senior discount if you take one of the prime return Sunday shuttles in addition to the surcharge. We have only taken one-way once FROM the airport. 

I read it this way, there is a list of specific hotels that they will stop at upon request.  But, there is a $50 charge for stops at these hotels.

Edited by RocketMan275

13 minutes ago, beshears said:

Once again, thank you ALL for your responses, and when it gets closer, I'll try to check into it further. As you can guess, with 7 or 8 of us, we ARE trying to save money any way we can. 🙂

If it is only a one night stay, it is probably cheapest to stay at the airport at a hotel with a shuttle.

Yes, that is what we are hoping (I am having my d-i-l to check into this) to happen if at all possible. My d-i-l told me on their last cruise, even though it was out of FL, the hotel they booked did the whole 9 yards of picking them up at the airport, taking them to the ship, picking them up from the ship, and taking them back to the airport with the one night stay, and for the price she quoted, it didn't sound too bad, so time will tell. She was going to check and see if this hotel had any other hotel connections in the area we are to cruise out of now.

29 minutes ago, beshears said:

Yes, that is what we are hoping (I am having my d-i-l to check into this) to happen if at all possible. My d-i-l told me on their last cruise, even though it was out of FL, the hotel they booked did the whole 9 yards of picking them up at the airport, taking them to the ship, picking them up from the ship, and taking them back to the airport with the one night stay, and for the price she quoted, it didn't sound too bad, so time will tell. She was going to check and see if this hotel had any other hotel connections in the area we are to cruise out of now.

The ports in Florida are much closer generally. 

I think it would have been reported if that was possible from Houston but they may sub- contract locally. Be sure to report back for others. We only park and drive.

To clarify, I meant a hotel shuttle back to the airport to pick up one of the shared shuttle services.

Edited by c-leg5

On 10/4/2023 at 12:45 AM, beshears said:

Johnboy036, I just contacted Galveston Express for price quote for our February cruising out of Galveston. Are you saying if the person is 55 or more and we use them for a round trip, there is a discount, compared to their regular price?

Sorry for the slow response. Yes, they have senior discount for 55+ for round trip except for that exception going back to the airports on Sunday morning.

Now for hotel drop offs, I’ve come down a day early or stayed extra days a few times on the island. They drop off at all the major hotels on the island and/or pick you up from those hotels if staying you’re after your cruise. From my experience with them, they do not drop off or pick up at any hotels in Houston just the airports. If I came in early and was staying by IAH, I stayed at a hotel with a shuttle and then go back to IAH in the morning to take Galveston Express to the ship. 

5 hours ago, beshears said:

You do understand this will not happen from either Houston airport? It is over 40 miles from HOU (Hobby) to the port at Galveston and 70 miles from IAH (Bush Intercontinental) to the port at Galveston?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Highrollers by Shugg is the best!!  We certainly made it tough on her, but she handled it all perfectly!!   We even had a “mishap” where our group got separated on flights.    My friends all made it on the original flight & met Erica at the airport.   Myself, I missed the first flight & had to be rescheduled a couple hours later.   That was complicated by the fact that I had my wheelchair.  Erica worked it out & made a special trip to return to the airport & pick me up later that day.  I was so grateful, especially after hearing that there are a lot of areas that aren’t safe in Houston.   We used them 3 times on that trip, with great timing and constant communication every single time.  I would HIGHLY recommend this service for any transportation needed.  THANK YOU ERICA & STAFF!!!  Contact her for a quote and book her before she’s booked up.   There are several new ships that will be cruising from Galveston soon, so transportation will be scarce.  Book the Best - Highrollers by Shugg ——281-755-0943