Silver Nova Veranda with bath - separate shower?

Techno123

Most of the Nova Veranda suites seem to have the large showers but we have booked one which also has a bath. When we booked no one was quite sure whether these were over-bath showers or a much smaller (than the non bath verandas) separate shower.

Has anyone seen inside one of these bathrooms (or are you about to - lucky people) and if so, could you please confirm which configuration it is.

Many thanks

I have seen a description elsewhere  as follows, which describes a separate shower and tub (though it could be wrong), and on the SS deck plan the little tear drop on suite numbers states a definition that those cabins include a bath and shower.

Perhaps there are some with a combo and some without?  

"Veranda Suite's amenities include a step-out balcony (with premium patio furniture, floor-ceiling glass doors), bathroom (double vanity faucets,  separate shower, whirlpool bathtub), bedroom (Queen-sized bed or two twin beds, custom-made mattress, walk-in wardrobe), sitting area (sofabed for a 3rd person), mirrored vanity table, writing desk, TV."

And this is the plan shown:

7A59A35B-B485-4DC1-B5B0-C7C4751C8CCD.jpeg

Edited by Catlover54
Typo
  • Like 2

We didn’t know about the veranda suite with shower and tub, and are stuck with one for our 33 day sailing in October. We tried to change it, but couldn’t. However, we were informed that as the floor plan shows, the shower and tub are separated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

We didn’t know about the veranda suite with shower and tub, and are stuck with one for our 33 day sailing in October. We tried to change it, but couldn’t. However, we were informed that as the floor plan shows, the shower and tub are separated.

Your "stuck" is my joy -- I love tubs!  I searched for a certain cruise on Nova with a tub and didn't care if it was separate or a combination.  There are not that many, and I snagged  the last one that didn't have a connecting room.  

I probably would still have sailed with just a shower, however.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a way of having someone who is "stuck" with a tub/shower who wants just a shower be able to trade with someone who is "stuck" with just a shower but who wants a tub?

• Like 8

Thank you everyone for your replies and Catlover54 for the floor plan - would be very happy with that. On our recent Norwegian cruise a hot bath after getting soaked was a joy although as this one is Singapore to Hong Kong, hopefully the rain won't be as cold 😜

I only take baths and hate showers. Our upcoming cruise on the Nova is with a tub and I am thrilled. The SS rep confirmed they are separate. I also saw a video on that showed the tub and shower separate on the Nova as well as Their other ships. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Another who definitely prefers a tub. With very little balance showers can be dangerous.

I find getting out of a tub even more dangerous.  Ain't the aging process a hoot???

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Another who definitely prefers a tub. With very little balance showers can be dangerous.

Depending on the health problem or injury (I have had/have several in each category), tubs can be *more dangerous* than showers.  But I'm not ready to give them up yet, so over the years I have developed various techniques for slowly and safely getting in and out even if I'm on a solo cruise. (SS advertises that butlers supposedly will "draw a bath" for guests, which I do not need because it is easy and I can time it better, but there is understandably no comparable offer to help clumsy guests get out) 🙂

I also sometimes bring special supplies like suction grab bars if I am not certain the hotel or ship has properly placed supports (available on Amazon) -- but you need a smooth shower or tub wall for those to adhere.  Fortunately I no longer have to bring a rubber shower/bath mat which I needed for a while after a bad foot injury, but I still cannot cruise  just with a carry-on.

• Like 1

I got trapped in a bathtub in a hotel in France a few years ago.  The porcelain was so slippery that I couldn't get my feet to stay put.  DW suggested that I drain the water – but that raised my body weight to 1G level so any friction benefit was cancelled by the added weight.  Finally I was able to get out by kneeling and then putting my tush on the rim.  [There are no pictures – the world will be glad to know!]  That was the last time I used a bathtub, and I plan to keep it that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I got trapped in a bathtub in a hotel in France a few years ago.  The porcelain was so slippery that I couldn't get my feet to stay put.  DW suggested that I drain the water – but that raised my body weight to 1G level so any friction benefit was cancelled by the added weight.  Finally I was able to get out by kneeling and then putting my tush on the rim.  [There are no pictures – the world will be glad to know!]  That was the last time I used a bathtub, and I plan to keep it that way.

Basically how I get out of a tub. Turn sideways. brace my feet against the far side then raise my backside onto the rim and then easy to sing the legs over.

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I have found that putting a towel or face cloth under my feet generally gives me enough friction to push myself up. I can't put pressure on my knees, so your method wouldn't work for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have reviewed all categories of the Nova veranda suites on both the SS website and thru youtube videos of the Nova. There is no bathtub! The large shower has a bench seat. What am I missing? I don't really care, but my lovely wife surely would. As far as I can see only the larger suites have a tub and shower.

26 minutes ago, dougburns said:

I have reviewed all categories of the Nova veranda suites on both the SS website and thru youtube videos of the Nova. There is no bathtub! The large shower has a bench seat. What am I missing? I don't really care, but my lovely wife surely would. As far as I can see only the larger suites have a tub and shower.

Some Veranda suites have bathtubs, just look a the deck plans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dougburns said:

The deck plan has a water droplet icon in the rooms that have a tub and shower (a minority), but I know it is hard to see. 

Or, get a TA and she can sort it out for you.

3 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I have found that putting a towel or face cloth under my feet generally gives me enough friction to push myself up. I can't put pressure on my knees, so your method wouldn't work for me.

This is one of the strategies I use, because like you I cannot put pressure on my knees either.  First  I let all the water drain and use a cloth or towels to dry off the water and any soapy residual. Then I put a big towel or two on the bottom of the tub for extra friction if there is no bath mat or ribbing on the bottom of the tub.

But I still need a grab bar (and/or my portable suction grab bars, securely applied), since my legs aren't strong enough anymore to get up from a squat just by holding onto the sides of the tub.  

All other SS ships have had grab bars, so I hope the Nova does too. 

And then of course have a bath mat or other secure 'landing' area.

SS always lets me have as many towels as I want at a time which makes it easy  (though I don't need to change them out every day, they would let me if I wanted to). 

DH also designed a short-legged little custom  bath stool for me, which can be placed at the bottom of the tub to get a little elevation for the start of the exit, and which fits in a big suitcase, but I am able to leave that at home now.

No alcohol (that comes later 🙂 ), lights on, and no rushing.

I haven't gotten stuck or fallen since.

One of my cruising joys is a long bubble bath after a tiring excursion, with the ship gently swaying and my favorite music playing.

There is a suite on the Nova (I think it's a Signature Suite, shown on another thread) which even has the tub in the window so you can see the ocean while bathing, though of course it is significantly more expensive than the veranda suites (not just because of the tub -- it has many more square feet). 

I'm far more likely to use a bathtub while on vacation because as others have noted, it's a great way to relax those tired muscles after active days in port... But as I experience more of the effects of getting older 🫤, sometimes I'll just use the tub to soak my feet with the Elemis muscle soak. 

My cabin on the Nova next month is shower only, so will be looking for other options to refresh the aching feet.  

2 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

I'm far more likely to use a bathtub while on vacation because as others have noted, it's a great way to relax those tired muscles after active days in port... But as I experience more of the effects of getting older 🫤, sometimes I'll just use the tub to soak my feet with the Elemis muscle soak. 

My cabin on the Nova next month is shower only, so will be looking for other options to refresh the aching feet.  

Perhaps the spa has a little rubber pan to lend you? Or, if not, and if it is very important and you aren't traveling carry-on only, pack a rubber dish pan into your case.  They weigh under a pound, and you  can fill the dish pan with clothing or other stuff.  Or buy one at your embarkation port, if you have time. 

56 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

Perhaps the spa has a little rubber pan to lend you? Or, if not, and if it is very important and you aren't traveling carry-on only, pack a rubber dish pan into your case.  They weigh under a pound, and you  can fill the dish pan with clothing or other stuff.  Or buy one at your embarkation port, if you have time. 

Great thoughts, but I'm thinking that dangling my feet over the edge of the hot tub on the top deck while enjoying a glass of champagne will do the trick 😁

• Like 1

Yes, the hot tub will be used for my feet. I also will have only a shower. I am a shower person at home but like to take tub baths on cruises after long touring days when hurt all over- especially my legs and feet.  Also have more time to bathe on a trip.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2023 at 4:05 PM, Brad1185 said:

I only take baths and hate showers. Our upcoming cruise on the Nova is with a tub and I am thrilled. The SS rep confirmed they are separate. I also saw a video on that showed the tub and shower separate on the Nova as well as Their other ships. 

I've been searching high and low for that video that shows both in a Veranda Suite.... very curious of the size of the shower when there is a tub!  Could you direct me as to where this video is?  There are many posted with just a showering, no tub... shower looks very larger!!   

Edited by Kalscruise