The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 26th, 2023

richwmn

One little positive note from Maryland.  Maryland Task Force 1, the Urban Search and Rescue team, has completed it's mission in Maui (I doubt if that means the work there is complete, but another team will take over for a while), and should be back home on Monday.

Roy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

This just popped up on my screen....Bob Barker of Price is Right fame died; he was 99yo. RIP.

So sad - but he lived a good long life.  RIP 🙏 

I truly respected him as he always talked about rescuing animals, spaying and neutering, etc.

2 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

The cost is pretty reasonable but it seem like a big amount to put down for drinks; it seems like alot to drink...lol, though it is for 94 days. I don't usually drink everyday except when on vacation. Now will I be drinking everyday? I don't think my body could handle that but I purchased it anyways!! We'll see. 😎

I have a suspicion you will be glad you got it.  It’s about a LOT more than just alcoholic drinks 🙂

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Caron keep in mind that it includes specialty coffees, juices, soft drinks, and bottled water besides wine, beer and mixed drinks.  Just our daily coffees and water would pay for the package, it's an amazing deal and a fraction of the usual cost. 

(can't wait for this cruise!)

So agree with this.  I was going to tell Caron that until I saw your post.  thanks for your usual astute advice and saving me some typing 👍 

1 hour ago, HAL4NOW said:

Seas have been quite smooth so far.

So glad to hear that.  It was really windy here with the rain and I was concerned about the seas.  May your seas stay smooth and good for you for exploring in the rain 👍 

1 hour ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Today Hubby and I celebrate our 45th Anniversary!  Hard to believe it has been 45 years, I am still under the delusion I am only 29............at least until try to do my barn chores that now take me twice as long to do as in the past!

How wonderful !  A very happy anniversary to you both.  Enjoy 🙂 

IMG_8796.thumb.jpeg.2d20a16d46b274eeef663319db039453.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Caron keep in mind that it includes specialty coffees, juices, soft drinks, and bottled water besides wine, beer and mixed drinks.  Just our daily coffees and water would pay for the package, it's an amazing deal and a fraction of the usual cost. 

(can't wait for this cruise!)

Thanks, that is all great isn't it? It is a very good deal.

One of my favorite things to do on a cruise is have a nice glass of wine and sit on deck and watch the sea go by. It is very calming and enjoyable for me. So with easy access to a nice glass of wine, I am tempted to relax and enjoy, which will be alot on this cruise.😊 I'll be fine....

I also can't wait for the cruise, very excited!!!

• Like 14

2 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Today Hubby and I celebrate our 45th Anniversary!  Hard to believe it has been 45 years, I am still under the delusion I am only 29............at least until try to do my barn chores that now take me twice as long to do as in the past!

Happy Anniversary!!  This is also my DS and DBIL's anniversary but 56 for them. (and I also am under the delusion that I'm still in my 20's -- or at least 30's 😉  

1 hour ago, kazu said:

So agree with this.  I was going to tell Caron that until I saw your post.  thanks for your usual astute advice and saving me some typing 👍 

Aw, what a nice thing to say.  Thank you Jacqui.  

1 hour ago, Cruisercl said:

Thanks, that is all great isn't it? It is a very good deal.

One of my favorite things to do on a cruise is have a nice glass of wine and sit on deck and watch the sea go by. It is very calming and enjoyable for me. So with easy access to a nice glass of wine, I am tempted to relax and enjoy, which will be alot on this cruise.😊 I'll be fine....

I also can't wait for the cruise, very excited!!!

It sure is all great -- kind of helps make up for the cost of this cruise doesn't it?

That's my favorite thing to do too.  Nothing better. 🙂  

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Cruising-along said:

Happy Anniversary!!  This is also my DS and DBIL's anniversary but 56 for them. (and I also am under the delusion that I'm still in my 20's -- or at least 30's 😉  

Oh, a very happy anniversary to them 🙂 

IMG_0118.gif.1942d38cf2fab336fab7fd33cc203899.gif

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Also our 45th Anniversary today!!!   

Coincidently, hubby made shrimp scampi and it was delicious, so was the garlic bread and the wine🍷

Every day is National Dog Day in our family🙂

Wishing everyone a Happy Saturday!

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jodi58 said:

Coincidently, hubby made shrimp scampi and it was delicious, so was the garlic bread and the wine🍷

Wishing everyone a Happy 

HAPPY 45TH ANNIVERSARY!

Lenda

• Like 9

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

One little positive note from Maryland.  Maryland Task Force 1, the Urban Search and Rescue team, has completed it's mission in Maui (I doubt if that means the work there is complete, but another team will take over for a while), and should be back home on Monday.

Roy

That is good news, Roy.

Lenda

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, jodi58 said:

Wow, happy 45th to you and your DH, too!  I'm hoping for some shrimp scampi in our future PDQ.  Glad you had such a nice dinner together.

• Like 8

It sure is all great -- kind of helps make up for the cost of this cruise doesn't it?

Carolyn, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to your DS and DBIL.  We'll celebrate our 56th anniversary a week from today.  Of course, I was a child bride and DH was a cradle robber.  😄  I was young enough that my father had to go with us to get the marriage license and sign for me.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to your DS and DBIL.  We'll celebrate our 56th anniversary a week from today.  Of course, I was a child bride and DH was a cradle robber.  😄  I was young enough that my father had to go with us to get the marriage license and sign for me.

Lenda

Another September anniversary! There are several of us.  I think I was "barely legal"... at least my Dad didn't have to sign for me, I think... I was 18.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, jodi58 said:

Coincidently, hubby made shrimp scampi and it was delicious, so was the garlic bread and the wine

Wow!  Happy anniversary to you both.

IMG_8795.jpeg.ac26cb1f2ddbac511262e1535f329432.jpeg

How nice that your DH made the dinner 👍 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

This just popped up on my screen....Bob Barker of Price is Right fame died; he was 99yo. RIP...

Seems fitting that being such an animal supporter, Bob would leave this earth on Nat'l Dog Day. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, jodi58 said:

Happy Anniversary!!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Happy wedding anniversary to your DS and BIL.

happy-anniversary-cats.gif

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jodi58 said:

Happy 45th wedding anniversary.

love-you.gif

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 9:21 AM, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Oceansaway17  I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

BonVoyage.png.ae6ac5fb82ad38030ab0c74c0d89eb7a.png

Lenda

thanks I have been back a week and wanted to let everyone know if I ever go back to Alaska again, I will make sure to go on HAL.

My ship the older Grand Princess was always cold with wet floors around empty pool and the covered area was always cold since they kept door from outside open.  I spoke to a lady in port and she told me the Noordam was lovely and pool that was enclosed was not cold either. 

I took Princess over RCI since they do glacier bay, but so does HAL and I will return to HAL again.  

thanks for thinking of me.  I now leave Sept 20th for Boston to do NE/Canada glad to be missing the hurricane. I will be on Celebrity Summit.

• Like 9