How about getting your ads updated.

Aesop081

Hey Princess, not trying to be a jerk, but it's been awhile since Lahaina suffered a massive catastrophe and there is no way you will be, or should be advertising visiting. How about removing it from your ports of visit on the Hawaiian cruises.  If you can afford a Billion dollar ship, you can afford to get your Marketing and IT guys to do some work.  This was in my inbox yesterday.  I like your product, but seriously...fix this.image.thumb.jpeg.de8743968b67bd653bf4d26ff11bc325.jpegis.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Aesop081 said:

Hey Princess, not trying to be a jerk, but it's been awhile since Lahaina suffered a massive catastrophe and there is no way you will be, or should be advertising visiting. How about removing it from your ports of visit on the Hawaiian cruises.  If you can afford a Billion dollar ship, you can afford to get your Marketing and IT guys to do some work.  This was in my inbox yesterday.  I like your product, but seriously...fix this.image.thumb.jpeg.de8743968b67bd653bf4d26ff11bc325.jpegis.  

Some of the ships are supposed to go into Kahului in the fall, or thats what they are saying for now.  
You would think they would be more sensitive and do some updates.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

At this point, my guess is Princess is waiting until closer to the cruise to determine what to do.

Even so, they could add a note about the recent fire and so forth and that this port is subject to change.  Maybe they would know a couple of alternative examples to list.  We know HQ has to have Plan B or C in place.

25 minutes ago, JerrySueW said:

Saw a news report yesterday that stated Hawaii is asking tourists not to cancel. They need the business. And they mentioned that the Lahaina side of the island is only restricted through October at this point.

That guidance applies to the areas north of Lahaina.  Lahaina Harbor likely won't be able to accept cruise ship visitors for many years, sadly there is nothing left of Lahainatown.

Edited by azbirdmom

There is no reason to go past the neck of Maui.  Nothing to see and do in West Maui as that side of the island rebuilds their lives.  

If ships return to Kahului, there will be excursions for whale watches out of Ma’alaea Harbor, Marine Center, Iao Needle, Upcountry, road to Hana, diving at Molokini Crater, Haleakala, etc.  

The problem I foresee is how to prevent the “curious” from entering an area that is now considered a sensitive area.  

I will give passengers the benefit of the doubt.  Even is Princess doesn’t provide a disclaimer, most passengers have heard of the disaster and are aware there will be no tendering in Lahaina.

28 minutes ago, memoak said:

Princess and the other cruise lines have to work out schedules with the ports. I am sailing at the end of September and don’t really expect to know the itinerary for another week or so

We were in the middle of the Pacific when notified of the fire. The next day they announced Kona would be substituted. My guess is Kona will also be a port for your cruise. We have also been to Kahalui and between the two, Kona has some tourist infrastructure, but is a tender port, for those with mobility issues.

18 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

We were in the middle of the Pacific when notified of the fire. The next day they announced Kona would be substituted. My guess is Kona will also be a port for your cruise. We have also been to Kahalui and between the two, Kona has some tourist infrastructure, but is a tender port, for those with mobility issues.

We are already due for Kona on our trip so am hoping for Hilo possibly or Kahului 

11 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

We have a Hawaii cruise scheduled for Dec/Jan.  Someone on our roll call was checking our other ports and the Ohau port schedule shows we are now overnighting in Honolulu.  

That is one website others show other ports I would not make any plans based on that 

• Like 1

I would wait for an official invoice from Princess stating a change of ports/schedule.  I'd much prefer to overnight in Hilo than Honolulu.  Not sure that is possible since there may not be enough berths for 2 ships to be in the harbor at the same time.  

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I would wait for an official invoice from Princess stating a change of ports/schedule.  I'd much prefer to overnight in Hilo than Honolulu.  Not sure that is possible since there may not be enough berths for 2 ships to be in the harbor at the same time.  

Additional time in Hilo or another sea day would be great for me.  I don't like overnight stays. 

1 minute ago, damiross said:

Additional time in Hilo or another sea day would be great for me.  I don't like overnight stays. 

Hilo is a daytime port.  Ships need to come and go during natural light hours.  But it would be awesome if they did an overnight AND the volcano decided to put on a show.  Otherwise, the town sort of rolls up their sidewalks after dark.  Given the extra hours, they could also do a run up to the Mauna Kea Observatory for a night sky option.  Expensive and cold, but would be so worth it for people who do not have problems with altitude.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yehootu said:

NCL has changed Pride of Americas itinerary through 2026 to show Kahalui instead of Lahaina. Change was done within days of the fires.

I always thought they overnighted in Kahului? They did about 15 years ago.  Their two overnight ports were/are Maui and Nawiliwili.   

They dropped Maui altogether from August 12 to the end of the month (overnighting in Hilo and an extra overnight (3 days/2 nights in Nawiliwili.  No further announcements yet on changes to September itinerary. (Ref: Travel Weekly 8/11/23).

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I always thought they overnighted in Kahului? They did about 15 years ago.  Their two overnight ports were/are Maui and Nawiliwili.   

They dropped Maui altogether from August 12 to the end of the month (overnighting in Hilo and an extra overnight (3 days/2 nights in Nawiliwili.  No further announcements yet on changes to September itinerary. (Ref: Travel Weekly 8/11/23).

You're right, my Daughter corrected me also as they went on Pride for their honeymoon. 

5 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

You're right, my Daughter corrected me also as they went on Pride for their honeymoon. 

I went on Pride of Aloha with my daughter/husband on their honeymoon (haha).  Took my former mother-in-law and my other daughter/husband.  They did take a "formal" honeymoon to France and England a bit later.  

Edited by cr8tiv1