Are they still doing an Elite cocktail hour?

sunsetme

I am told that the Suite Elite Platinum Happy Hour used to be free drinks but for the past several years has only been discounted drinks.  I very rarely attend this event -- I don't need more free food, and as a non-drinker, I don't want discounted drinks.  

19 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I am told that the Suite Elite Platinum Happy Hour used to be free drinks but for the past several years has only been discounted drinks.  I very rarely attend this event -- I don't need more free food, and as a non-drinker, I don't want discounted drinks.  

Not on Princess, never had free drinks at PES event. You might be confusing with Celebrity or RCCL. Celebrity has elite happy hour, free drinks from specific list, RCCL used to have unlimited free drinks from specific list in Diamond lounge happy hour, but post pandemic switched to loaded vouchers depending on if D, D+, or Pinnacle(4, 5, 6 vouchers), on your seapass card to be used in most bars anytime per day. 

Free drinks are served at the CCP, Captain circle party for usually Platinum and above in loyalty program , which is a one time welcome back party, forget but only on cruises over a minimum number of days like 6 or more?

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Currently on our ship it is often used as a nice venue for groups of friends to meet up.

The nibbles are very good quality, and at times when a piano player is playing it’s a very pleasant social spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Princess PES "lounge" has never been free drinks. Or at least not for the 20+ years I've been Elite.  It's always been discounted drinks, whether $1 lower than regular menu, or $5, when other drinks were $7 or $8 and, there's been a cocktail menu that's only been available at PES hour. 

The discount amount has changed over the years as packages have become more ubiquitous... 

Celebrity and RCCL (and MSC) have free cocktail hours of limited cocktail choices for their upper level guests, which again ain't much of a perk for most as their "All-In" pricing is even more common than Princess packages and beverage packages...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Princess PES "lounge" has never been free drinks.

Sorry for the misinformation.  As a non-drinker, I guess I haven't really noticed which line's events have which rules about complimentary drinks!  Be it a Welcome Aboard Party, the "Champagne" Waterfall, or other event.  I did take a sip of the sparkling wine waterfall once, and it was dreadful; just barely worth the "free" price tag!