CCL share ownership onboard credit snafus?

OlsSalt

Sent in my CCL share ownership onboard credit requests electronically for upcoming 21 day cruise separately for the two separate booking number.

I got back instantly one confirmation for the 7 day segment - $100 

All I get back for the 14 day segment, now resubmitted twice  -- is due to high volume, we are busier than usual.....

What has been other's experience with actually getting the onboard credit applied, even if they do not get an official confirmation?

Will having proof of submittal  be of any later value, if the second OBC does not show up on our account when we board?

In the past, i would always FAX in these requests but never requested a confirmation. It was always applied. Now, things seem to be more glitchy about these  routine requests. Interested in  what others experienced in this type of situation -OBC request submitted, but no confirmation received.

Thanks.

For an upcoming cruise departing 1 Oct - Emailed CCLShareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com on August 24th. Received the "high volume" automatic reply shortly thereafter.  Day later, August 25th, received an email that the OBC has been applied to our shipboard credit.

Problem solved - just got our cruise Booking Confirmation print out, and the $250 OBC for the 14 day segment  listed under "Guest Information". 

Now I have independent confirmation it was in fact applied and where to look for this in the future. Lesson learned. Check the latest "Booking Confirmation". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OlsSalt said:

Problem solved - just got our cruise Booking Confirmation print out, and the $250 OBC for the 14 day segment  listed under "Guest Information". 

Now I have independent confirmation it was in fact applied and where to look for this in the future. Lesson learned. Check the latest "Booking Confirmation". 

Hmmm. I submitted mine some time back for a 9/17 sailing. Got a confirmation email that said it was applied to my account for that sailing, but it's never shown up under Guest Information or anywhere else I can find. That leaves me wondering if it's actually going to be there when we sail.

16 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Hmmm. I submitted mine some time back for a 9/17 sailing. Got a confirmation email that said it was applied to my account for that sailing, but it's never shown up under Guest Information or anywhere else I can find. That leaves me wondering if it's actually going to be there when we sail.

It will show on your updated invoice. Request a copy of that “new” invoice.  

2 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Sent in my CCL share ownership onboard credit requests electronically for upcoming 21 day cruise separately for the two separate booking number.

I got back instantly one confirmation for the 7 day segment - $100 

All I get back for the 14 day segment, now resubmitted twice  -- is due to high volume, we are busier than usual.....

What has been other's experience with actually getting the onboard credit applied, even if they do not get an official confirmation?

Will having proof of submittal  be of any later value, if the second OBC does not show up on our account when we board?

In the past, i would always FAX in these requests but never requested a confirmation. It was always applied. Now, things seem to be more glitchy about these  routine requests. Interested in  what others experienced in this type of situation -OBC request submitted, but no confirmation received.

Thanks.

Hate to tell you , but a phone call to HAL customer service got it done for me. Finally, I requested a new invoice showing the shareholder credit and received that as well via email.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

It will show on your updated invoice. Request a copy of that “new” invoice.  

It doesn't show on the invoice sent after final payment was made. That was way after I sent in the request and got the confirmation. Seems to me like it should be there if it did, in fact, get applied at all.

24 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

It doesn't show on the invoice sent after final payment was made. That was way after I sent in the request and got the confirmation. Seems to me like it should be there if it did, in fact, get applied at all.

It may not have gotten applied.  Write them again with a new request and see what happens.  This system stinks.  It needs to show online. 

10 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

It may not have gotten applied.  Write them again with a new request and see what happens.  This system stinks.  It needs to show online. 

I'm going to call them and ask about it. I also have one other question to ask.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm going to call them and ask about it. I also have one other question to ask.

Unfortunately OBC doesn't show online, so you always have to request an invoice. And the invoice won't break it out, so if you want to know what the OBC is for (Mitary, Shareholder, AARP...) you will have to ask. Of course, if you have a YA on the booking, that's who you'll contact.

Appreciate the OBC, but it's a frustrating process.

24 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Unfortunately OBC doesn't show online, so you always have to request an invoice. And the invoice won't break it out, so if you want to know what the OBC is for (Mitary, Shareholder, AARP...) you will have to ask. Of course, if you have a YA on the booking, that's who you'll contact.

Appreciate the OBC, but it's a frustrating process.

I got it all sorted out. Called them and the nice lady said she could see it was added but just not added to the invoice. She took care of that and sent a new invoice, so I'm all set. 

• Like 4

I just submitted mine for an upcoming cruise and noticed something I had never seen before on the shareholder benefit explanation form --- For credit for cruises through July 31, 2024, reservations must be made by February 28, 2024 to get the shareholder credit.  Maybe that 4 month restriction has always been there and I just never noticed it.

Looks like we might be making a reservation with HAL for a November coastal cruise.  Does anyone have the current email address for getting Carnival Cruise Line shareholder credit applied to the reservation once we make it?  Thanks in advance for your help.

22 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Looks like we might be making a reservation with HAL for a November coastal cruise.  Does anyone have the current email address for getting Carnival Cruise Line shareholder credit applied to the reservation once we make it?  Thanks in advance for your help.

This address worked well today for Jake @Crazy For Cats today.  He reported on the Daily he had a confirmation in 10 minutes.

cclshareholderhal@hollandamerica.com 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1