LIVE… Carnival Celebration 9/3/23-9/9/23

MeganGC1983

58 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

If this is the same one we saw, it was by ambulance.  Have no idea why they brought her back to the ship.  The ambulance came through while we were looking around the port.  They worked with her a few minutes and as we were headed back to the ship, they were bringing her back.

They may not have had passports

• Like 5

On 9/8/2023 at 10:52 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s a party now!! 

6C56F3B0-655D-493D-ABD9-BE14AB83CEFB.jpeg

I mentioned earlier I thought I had spotted you and after seeing this pic it was you. You were sitting at a table alone and I saw the red hair from behind and as I passed I saw big sunglasses. You had your head down and were on your phone so I wasn't sure. I told husband I will now be looking for that bright pink tank top lol. It was before St Jude started. I see from one of your pics while you were at tiki bar we were sitting across from you at the other end of the pool. Too far away and thru plexiglass glass so we are just blurs😁

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I mentioned earlier I thought I had spotted you and after seeing this pic it was you. You were sitting at a table alone and I saw the red hair from behind and as I passed I saw big sunglasses. You had your head down and were on your phone so I wasn't sure. I told husband I will now be looking for that bright pink tank top lol. It was before St Jude started. I see from one of your pics while you were at tiki bar we were sitting across from you at the other end of the pool. Too far away and thru plexiglass glass so we are just blurs😁

Listen, speaking from experience...

When you are in the Megan presence...you know! 

Much like the twilight zone but not eerie and no Rod Steiger 

• Haha 10

Thank you so much for taking us on your cruise with you, Megan! I was horrified to hear how you were treated by those kids, though. You definitely seem to be having much better experiences with Virgin. You seem very busy, but I would also guess that a longer itinerary on Carnival might also be a good option. I always find that longer cruises have less kids - at least during the school year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for another wonderful review.

So sorry about the rotten kids, but also thankful for your taking one for the team. I had to ask myself what I would/could do... hindsight and all.  First instinct gets everyone thrown off the ship, and that is never good. If it ever happens to me... I decided I'd probably just drop whatever food/drink I was holding, fall to the floor (there was pushing involved), and proceed to have a 4 year old windmill temper tantrum with high volume screaming until security showed up. Then they could find that elusive camera footage that they deny having for legal purposes. Words are one thing... physical contact is another. Juvey jail in Cincinnati OH is a lot different than Tulsa OK First 48!   IYKYK   Big hug.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

It’s not exactly “the world” that’s coming to this point. It’s why we’re both switching lines and booking cruises out of Europe when we can. Fewer US-based cruises for us. We have O booked for next year and I already cancelled the one Carnival cruise I had that wouldn’t incur a penalty. And we just turned diamond. 

I was on Magic this past March at the height of spring break. I can say I did not encounter or witness one incident. It was a great cruise for people and staff, food on the other hand may chase me away.   I am not even close to being a foodie and as long I eat something I’m usually good. The pickings for even me were slim.  Guys burgers were good and the Mexican food was good but most evenings in dining room and buffet was not at all what I experienced in the past. It was not great but I did not go hungry. 

Edited by #55worktoplay
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

I was on Magic this past March at the height of spring break. I can say I did not encounter or witness one incident. It was a great cruise for people and staff, food on the other hand may chase me away. 

On the vast majority of our Carnival cruises there have not been any significant incidents. Though I will say that after covid the behavior of passengers significantly declined. And only since covid we have seen behavior that makes us feel less than totally safe, mostly yelling obscenities and threats.

The thing for us is Carnival's behavior. Having not seen any disturbing behavior before covid we assumed Carnival looked after passengers. We assumed that if a crew member saw someone yelling at another passenger and/or threatening them that something would be done. Since covid we have come to realize that the crew seems to be instructed to ignore anything and everything, not even call security, and leave it up to security, who are never around. When my wife was assaulted on Glory that was the last straw. Security gave it less than five minutes and spent over half the time trying to convince her it was nothing. Their attitude is no blood, no broken bones, no obvious bruises, no problem.

We generally take one 7 day cruise each month September to April. Earlier this year we were on a cruise and noticed, for the first time, the presence of security. They were casually strolling around everywhere. It was nice. When we got back we found out that the week we were on the cruise Carnival made a big announcement about increased security. But a couple of weeks later on our next cruise there was no security to be seen anywhere. That one cruise was the only one with a security presence. That tells us carnival can't be trusted. They are like a drunk that promises his wife to do better, stays sober for one day, then is back to drinking. In our opinion they don't care about security, put on a song and dance when they get called out, then go back to sweeping everything they can under the rug.

If Carnival cared about security Megan would not be put into the position of having to file a complaint. Apparently there was video of the incident. Without any action by Megan Carnival should have tracked down the thugs, confined them to their cabin (at the least) and banned them from Carnival. I'm willing to bet Carnival didn't do a thing.

So we are done with Carnival. The vast majority of their cruises will be no problem. But the odds of taking a beating on the minority of cruises is outside our comfort zone. We'll go where the odds are better.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

@MeganGC1983...hope you and DH arrived home with the kiddos safe and sound and you enjoyed some family time as well as football time today.

FYI I was watching some You Tube videos today of fellow vloggers who were sharing their unfortunate experiences on other Carnival ships recently.  Not that is helps any, but you are definitely not alone in what you experienced.  I was pretty shocked at what I heard some of these male vloggers stating what they experienced.

My personal opinion is that our society in in a backslide and there are way too many humans out there functioning with a sense of "entitlement" and forgetting how to behave.

I am glad you are home safe and sound and I know you are a hard dedicated worker, mom and wife.

Please do not let this experience discourage you from doing future Live Cruise Reports you can outdo the BEST of them.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, icft said:

On the vast majority of our Carnival cruises there have not been any significant incidents. Though I will say that after covid the behavior of passengers significantly declined. And only since covid we have seen behavior that makes us feel less than totally safe, mostly yelling obscenities and threats.

The thing for us is Carnival's behavior. Having not seen any disturbing behavior before covid we assumed Carnival looked after passengers. We assumed that if a crew member saw someone yelling at another passenger and/or threatening them that something would be done. Since covid we have come to realize that the crew seems to be instructed to ignore anything and everything, not even call security, and leave it up to security, who are never around. When my wife was assaulted on Glory that was the last straw. Security gave it less than five minutes and spent over half the time trying to convince her it was nothing. Their attitude is no blood, no broken bones, no obvious bruises, no problem.

We generally take one 7 day cruise each month September to April. Earlier this year we were on a cruise and noticed, for the first time, the presence of security. They were casually strolling around everywhere. It was nice. When we got back we found out that the week we were on the cruise Carnival made a big announcement about increased security. But a couple of weeks later on our next cruise there was no security to be seen anywhere. That one cruise was the only one with a security presence. That tells us carnival can't be trusted. They are like a drunk that promises his wife to do better, stays sober for one day, then is back to drinking. In our opinion they don't care about security, put on a song and dance when they get called out, then go back to sweeping everything they can under the rug.

If Carnival cared about security Megan would not be put into the position of having to file a complaint. Apparently there was video of the incident. Without any action by Megan Carnival should have tracked down the thugs, confined them to their cabin (at the least) and banned them from Carnival. I'm willing to bet Carnival didn't do a thing.

So we are done with Carnival. The vast majority of their cruises will be no problem. But the odds of taking a beating on the minority of cruises is outside our comfort zone. We'll go where the odds are better.

First, I am very sorry to hear your wife was assaulted.  That on top of Megan’s episode is very scary and quite concerning and I do not disagree one bit with your decision. 

Second, I was by no means defending Carnival just stating not all of them are bad. BTW, my cruise this past March was my first cruise with them since 2007 since then I have sailed Royal exclusively. I wanted to try Carnival once again, overall it was pretty good with the exception of the food. My next one will be either NCL, Celebrity, Princess or MSC just to try them out likely in that order.  I have read some bad reviews with similar stories minus assault on MSC, it would be my last choice likely. 

What cruise line are you going to, if any?  I’m not sure I myself would be comfortable on any if the same thing happened to me.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

First, I am very sorry to hear your wife was assaulted.  That on top of Megan’s episode is very scary and quite concerning and I do not disagree one bit with your decision. 

Second, I was by no means defending Carnival just stating not all of them are bad. BTW, my cruise this past March was my first cruise with them since 2007 since then I have sailed Royal exclusively. I wanted to try Carnival once again, overall it was pretty good with the exception of the food. My next one will be either NCL, Celebrity, Princess or MSC just to try them out likely in that order.  I have read some bad reviews with similar stories minus assault on MSC, it would be my last choice likely. 

What cruise line are you going to, if any?  I’m not sure I myself would be comfortable on any if the same thing happened to me.  

We're going to give NCL a try. Will it be better? We don't know. The lead time for booking cruises makes switching time consuming. We're booked for the next year and if NCL doesn't work then that is it for cruising. Cruising used to be good food, good drinks, good service; a bit of pampering. Those things are largely gone and if you read the forums you will see most folks consider one "entitled" for wanting that. We don't take pride in how badly we can be treated and it not bother us. So perhaps what we once knew as cruising no longer exists.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, icft said:

We're going to give NCL a try. Will it be better? We don't know. The lead time for booking cruises makes switching time consuming. We're booked for the next year and if NCL doesn't work then that is it for cruising. Cruising used to be good food, good drinks, good service; a bit of pampering. Those things are largely gone and if you read the forums you will see most folks consider one "entitled" for wanting that. We don't take pride in how badly we can be treated and it not bother us. So perhaps what we once knew as cruising no longer exists.

I think this is exactly how I am starting to feel as well.  @Hogladyrider nailed it with her post above, I agree people are a little mad these days. I never enjoyed my home so much as I have lately.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, purpleally said:

Why did you post this picture 

The girl biting her nails was Megan an Oklahoma fan when SMU made the score 14-11 with only  12 minutes left  in the 4th Quarter

The boy was me when OU proceeded to stomp on my little Pony heart by scoring 2 more touchdowns down the stretch

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Stallion said:

The girl biting her nails was Megan an Oklahoma fan when SMU made the score 14-11 with only  12 minutes left  in the 4th Quarter

The boy was me when OU proceeded to stomp on my little Pony heart by scoring 2 more touchdowns down the stretch

Thank you!

Megan, thank you for posting your live review - I love following along on your cruises! We're on Celebration in December and hope we don't encounter any terrible teens like you did. 😞 On our last several cruises we've heard about such incidents but have been lucky to avoid experiencing them ourselves. We love Mardi Gras and are looking forward to Celebration, but are not looking forward to Miami. 

After the Celebration cruise, we have a B2B on Vista in April and just booked our first Celebrity cruise for 2025 since they will be coming to Port Canaveral. I saw you mentioned you were on Celebrity earlier this year - did you happen to do a review?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Megan, your escapades were priceless.  Please make sure and follow up with the cruise lines - it's not acceptable.

Just FYI - the only horrid and abusive behavior I have been a victim of was on a "new" Celebrity ship - full of non American adults.  I don't think it is Carnival related.

Some people just aren't accountable anymore for anything - it sucks.  Hugs to you, and thank you again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow  --  I binged late into the night...
It's been a fabulous cruise - up until the "hooligans" / "thugs" / "hoodlums" / "Future Prisoners 3002654, 3002655 & 302656" entered the picture.

Megan - Thanks for a Fantabulous Live (although I missed the Live part this time) once again!

Cheers to the Great Memories You Made.

As for the PUNKS - That's some Crazy Entitled *****...

Hope all is well in your world & hope to see your recap soon.

Cheers  --  Von

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/3/2023 at 6:32 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Listening to Tom Petty “won’t back down” at Latitude bar. Gotta check the Hub app and see who this is. I like him. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is Owen Stephen. He is great! I was on this cruise as well and am slowly making my way through your review. Thank you for taking the time to write this!

• Like 5

Nice review as usual Megan.  I always enjoy your reviews.  I was curious as to what your thoughts would be going back to Carnival after VV and Celebrity.  I'm sorry you had to deal with the issues that you did.  I like many others am more concerned about the lack of action on Carnival's part.  The sad thing is it will most likely change how you meander around the ship by yourself going forward.  I hope that is not the case because that is what makes your reviews really fun to read.  Prayers to Teo too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1