Has Princess resumed the tour of the ship?

Nhsaltshaker

*SOME* types of tours have started up again...I can't say whether or not all tours and on all ships, but earlier this year we attended the culinary demonstration in the main theater on the Sky and afterwards they invited everyone who attended to tour the galley.  I was very surprised.  So, if they are allowing people through the galley....  ??

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

*SOME* types of tours have started up again...I can't say whether or not all tours and on all ships, but earlier this year we attended the culinary demonstration in the main theater on the Sky and afterwards they invited everyone who attended to tour the galley.  I was very surprised.  So, if they are allowing people through the galley....  ??

They did the same thing on Island during both legs of my recent Norway/Iceland/Greenland B2Bs.  After the same old "culinary battle" between the Executive Chef and the Maitre D' (or Director of Restaurant Ops), they took everyone on a lap through the galley that serviced the two MDRs.  It was interesting.

Caribbean Princess had the culinary tour after the demonstration on the last sea day.  Jody, cruise director, did a presentation in the Explorers Lounge on a sea day.  She had slides showing all the crew areas (in place of Ultimate Ship's Tour)...for free.  It was enough for me since I can't do the ladders anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Caribbean Princess had the culinary tour after the demonstration on the last sea day.  Jody, cruise director, did a presentation in the Explorers Lounge on a sea day.  She had slides showing all the crew areas (in place of Ultimate Ship's Tour)...for free.  It was enough for me since I can't do the ladders anymore.

Is the CB doing the UBD (Ultimate Balcony Dining)? - we'd like to book, but only when we board to use OBC

I know that April was a few months ago, but I was told on Ruby earlier this year that it was NOT being offered and they could not provide an explanation on when it might start back up again.  The only "behind the scenes" experience that was offered was the short stroll through part of the galley after the cooking demonstration.

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It is showing as available in my Personalizer for my sailing in 2 weeks... $110 for 2 people

let us know if it actually can happen - many posters have scheduled on the CB only to be told it was cancelled - not sure if they got OBC or a refund to CCard

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

let us know if it actually can happen - many posters have scheduled on the CB only to be told it was cancelled - not sure if they got OBC or a refund to CCard

I likely will not be able to help in this...traveling with another couple so the UBD would not be possible.

• Thanks 1

The Behind the Scenes ship tours were great.

I say were, because I've yet to hear of a ship doing them again?

Hope they can someday.  Totally worth it IMO.

It was a small group of guests, like 10 and cost  approx $150 pp but,

you get quite a bit of swag to help recover from the price.

You learn so much more than the quickie walk thru the galley after the silly Food competition

towards the end of your cruise.

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JerrySueW said:

On the Regal in April there was a Q&A with some of the entertainers in the theater, followed by a tour of the backstage area. It was very interesting and there was no charge. They allowed everyone who came to the session to take the tour. 

They did the same thing on Regal on our TA from Rome to Port Everglades in December 2022.  A highlight of all of the cruises I've taken.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

You learn so much more than the quickie walk thru the galley after the silly Food competition

I don't need a chef's jacket, personalized notepad, or any of (to me) useless swag.  I just want to see the bridge and engine room..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, damiross said:

I don't need a chef's jacket, personalized notepad, or any of (to me) useless swag.  I just want to see the bridge and engine room..

They'll show you the engine control room, not the actual engine room...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Have never done a ships tour, and so am unfamiliar with "the ladders".  Please explain.

20 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

For $150 you should get alot more! LOL

They use to be free!

But $ count! 

11 minutes ago, Oxo said:

They use to be free!

But $ count! 

?????

Jody's presentation was a "free" cruise director activity.  It was worth every cruise penny I didn't pay for.  Always wanted to do a Ultimate Ship's Tour and should have done it when I first started cruising and was in much better shape.  I have had bits and pieces of seeing the crew area.  Glad she took the time to share her videos and photos of behind the scenes.  One of the best cruise directors I have run across. 

• Like 2

I see that you comment @Oxo really wasn't meant for me.  Sorry for the error.  But I have heard that the Ultimate Ship's Tour was worth the cost.  It did more than the ones that "used to be":

Used to be:

*. tour of the bridge on port day (did this while in Skagway)

*. culinary kitchen tour has returned after the pandemic.  Interesting but way too long a line.

* back stage tour give by a select few cruise directors that followed on stage panel.  I've been behind the stage for many different (land) theater.  This was more technical and very interesting.

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

They use to be free!

But $ count! 

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

?????

Jody's presentation was a "free" cruise director activity.  It was worth every cruise penny I didn't pay for.  Always wanted to do a Ultimate Ship's Tour and should have done it when I first started cruising and was in much better shape.  I have had bits and pieces of seeing the crew area.  Glad she took the time to share her videos and photos of behind the scenes.  One of the best cruise directors I have run across.