Confused and tired.....(rant)

TopofWorld

On 9/1/2023 at 12:33 PM, Oscar13 said:

Same for me.  For our 3 booked (1 that leaves in 3 1/2 weeks)the app says Premier and I know I only paid for Plus.  Asked my TA what is going on thinking she upgraded us but no; she doesn't know why either.

Would be nice if they honored it.

Karen

My cruise booked for March looks the same way. Signed up for Plus but app says premier. I'm fine with just plus but if they give us premier I guess I'll use it.

3 hours ago, bellebaby said:

Sproket

Just curious how it turned out.  Did the Medallion continue showing you had the Premier package once you boarded the ship or did it revert back to Plus?

B

It was Plus but I think I was the first passenger to upgrade to Premier on boarding 😃

11 hours ago, bellebaby said:

Sproket

Just curious how it turned out.  Did the Medallion continue showing you had the Premier package once you boarded the ship or did it revert back to Plus?

B

Makes a good case for checking their folio daily.  Imagine all the charges that could show up when it reverts to Plus mid-cruise!  Not the person I want to be standing in line behind at Guest Services!

When I was having Medallion app issues using my Android, for a Princess cruise last December, I logged out of the app, cleared the cache, logged back in. After a few minutes wait, everything was updated and I was good to go. I think someone mentioned in this thread not to fret about it. They will assist you at checkin if you have any issues. 

14 minutes ago, Mirage3232 said:

When I was having Medallion app issues using my Android, for a Princess cruise last December, I logged out of the app, cleared the cache, logged back in. After a few minutes wait, everything was updated and I was good to go. I think someone mentioned in this thread not to fret about it. They will assist you at checkin if you have any issues. 

Your suggestion was very helpful and I tried it.  

When I tried to log back in, I received the following message:

"We're sorry, our servers are having problems.  Please try again later."

The same excuse over and over again...Server problems.

Sigh....

B

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 8:42 AM, Abercrombie2019 said:

The app worked fine for me for two cruises.  The first real glitch that I've experienced started when my loyalty level switched from Ruby to Platinum.  The website shows me as Platinum, but the app still shows me as Ruby, which is strange, because it will let me make dining reservations for a cruise that is next year. 

When is your cruise?  Are you past final payment?  I've copied the dining reservation conditions from Princess.com and pasted them below.  

Access Reservations

• Customize your reservations and other dining options.
  • Most guests will be able to access once your cruise is paid in full.
  • Early access for Captain's Circle Platinum and Elite members as well as guests booked in Reserve Collection and Suites.

Another clear indication that their app is not properly (or at all) integrated with their client manament systems.  Really a shame to punish customers thusly for their loyalty.  Appreciate the insight!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bellebaby said:

Sigh....

B

Thats all I've been getting lately is Server Prob.

My Cvp out this week, and I had to talk to the dreaded call center, you know where.

Half way thru the call he began saying, hello?  Hello?

I could hear him but he couldn't hear me.

Needless to say the issue I called about Wasn't corrected.

So I will wait til cvp returns.  The App and the call center isn't worth the frustration!

50 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Thats all I've been getting lately is Server Prob.

My Cvp out this week, and I had to talk to the dreaded call center, you know where.

Half way thru the call he began saying, hello?  Hello?

I could hear him but he couldn't hear me.

Needless to say the issue I called about Wasn't corrected.

So I will wait til cvp returns.  The App and the call center isn't worth the frustration!

I just keep tapping the log in button, it eventually gives up and lets me in.  On the rare occasion I’m still locked out I use my booking number, name and DOB.

1 hour ago, Sprocket said:

I just keep tapping the log in button, it eventually gives up and lets me in.  On the rare occasion I’m still locked out I use my booking number, name and DOB.

I finally used my booking number and was given access.

Still showing the Premier package after I cleared the cache.  

I'm fine getting what I paid for... Plus.  Just don't understand why the app continues to show Premier. 

Time to let it go and see what happens onboard.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bellebaby said:

I finally used my booking number and was given access.

Still showing the Premier package after I cleared the cache.  

I'm fine getting what I paid for... Plus.  Just don't understand why the app continues to show Premier. 

Time to let it go and see what happens onboard.

I recommend testing it immediately after boarding.  Order a drink >$15 and wait to see if anything shows up in your online account.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 8:52 AM, bellebaby said:

Sigh....

B

I remembered one more thing I had tried (and I can't remember the result). I deleted the Medallion app from my Android phone, reinstalled it and logged back in. Not sure if you had tried that solution.