We board Infinity in about an hour. Let me know if you have any questions.

Stockjock

We are due to sail next month and neither of us is a fan of mashed potato, which seems to feature extremely heavily at the moment. From the last menu posted (thank you StockJock!) I’m thinking my husband could, for example, order the prime rib of beef and the masala potatoes to go with it rather than the accompaniments it is offered with. 

My questions, to those who have done similar previously are a) will this be brought out as two separate plates or combined and b) will it just be too much food? Understand this is subjective but just looking for experiences. 

I don’t like the idea of wasting food, but I also don’t like the idea of nightly mash!! I plan on ordering a starter salad to go with my entrees where appropriate but husband is not a huge salad fan either. He loves any and all other potatoes & carbs, he’s not a fuss pot, honest!

We are really looking forward to the cruise, but haven’t sailed with Celebrity since 2019. I understand and accept that the menus (and other things) have changed since then but the nightly mash dread is strong…

• Like 1

So long Nafpilo.  It is a tender port, maybe 15 minutes or so to get to or from the ship to the port.

There’s not a lot going on, but it’s a cute little place. Lots of shops and restaurants and things like that. But if you go here, I would say once you exit the tender, make a right, and there are a lot of bars and restaurants along the waterfront.  

In my opinion, unless you have a tour, there is no reason to rush to get off the ship. It might be a nice day to just sleep in, and then take a tender to the port at your leisure.  

I discovered that I cannot take leftovers on the ship, so unfortunately, I had to dump some nice souvlaki leftovers. Quite sad.  

Bear in mind some of the entrée portions are very large. The salad that we ordered, for example, easily fed two people, with a little bit of leftovers.

This is the last stop before we return to Athens tomorrow morning, and then we will spend three nights there.

So one last dinner, and then it will be time to pack the bags.

IMG_9713.jpeg

IMG_9712.jpeg

IMG_9711.jpeg

IMG_9710.jpeg

IMG_9709.jpeg

IMG_9695.jpeg

IMG_9696.jpeg

IMG_9697.jpeg

IMG_9700.jpeg

IMG_9691.jpeg

IMG_9702.jpeg

IMG_9703.jpeg

IMG_9704.jpeg

IMG_9707.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 5

We just read through this thread and many thanks for taking the time to do such a thorough "live" review.  

We will be travelling on Infinity in March 0f 2024 so very interested in your comments.  One of the many things that you observed was running out of hot water!!??  Wow on a ship I find that one hard to imagine.  

Thanks again for taking the time and enjoy you travels!

Cheers

6 hours ago, gardenfrog said:

The carpet thing is really putting me off. I have seen a few excursions that say you can walk back to ship if you don’t want to do the carpet stop. I wander how true this this is.

We had tours in Ephesus and Istanbul that included carpet stops.  I guess we were lucky that neither one were high pressure or long.  Our Ephesus tour included a meal in an outdoor area at the carpet shop that was really nice.  Really, we just listened to the spiel in both places, and walked out.  Very low key.  This was in 2012, so things may have changed.  

These menus look very basic and disappointing.  Especially the lack of 'real' appetizers--mostly soups and salads which I don't consider appetizers.  I can foresee ordering lots of mains as appetizers, esp. the pastas.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

We just read through this thread and many thanks for taking the time to do such a thorough "live" review.  

We will be travelling on Infinity in March 0f 2024 so very interested in your comments.  One of the many things that you observed was running out of hot water!!??  Wow on a ship I find that one hard to imagine.  

Thanks again for taking the time and enjoy you travels!

Cheers

As I mentioned, if I took a shower, when everyone else was not showering, I generally had plenty of hot water. But if I took a shower in the morning, when others were seemingly getting ready, I had cool or cold water. I didn’t love that.

Edited by Stockjock

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

As I mentioned, if I took a shower, when everyone else was not showering, I generally had plenty of hot water. But if I took a shower in the morning, when others were seemingly getting ready, I had cool or cold water. I didn’t love that.

I bet you didn't!  I/we try to do the same with our showering. 

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

That is a bummer what you are experiencing and totally unacceptable. We haven't so far and even on our past Infinity cruises.  I take two of my three daily showers in the gym showers and haven't experienced lack of hot water when others are showering at the same time. 

• Like 1

Last dinner before disembarkation tomorrow. I’m really not looking forward to packing my bags tonight, but we do spend three nights post cruise in Athens, which should be nice.

The food tonight was pretty good. We both gave it an eight overall.  Things are not perfect, but for an old ship it’s not bad. 

IMG_9715.jpeg

IMG_9716.jpeg

IMG_9719.jpeg

IMG_9721.jpeg

IMG_9726.jpeg

IMG_9715.jpeg

IMG_9716.jpeg

IMG_9719.jpeg

IMG_9721.jpeg

IMG_9726.jpeg

IMG_9727.jpeg

IMG_9728.jpeg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Malibustacey79 said:

We are due to sail next month and neither of us is a fan of mashed potato, which seems to feature extremely heavily at the moment. From the last menu posted (thank you StockJock!) I’m thinking my husband could, for example, order the prime rib of beef and the masala potatoes to go with it rather than the accompaniments it is offered with. 

My questions, to those who have done similar previously are a) will this be brought out as two separate plates or combined and b) will it just be too much food? Understand this is subjective but just looking for experiences. 

I don’t like the idea of wasting food, but I also don’t like the idea of nightly mash!! I plan on ordering a starter salad to go with my entrees where appropriate but husband is not a huge salad fan either. He loves any and all other potatoes & carbs, he’s not a fuss pot, honest!

We are really looking forward to the cruise, but haven’t sailed with Celebrity since 2019. I understand and accept that the menus (and other things) have changed since then but the nightly mash dread is strong…

My plan is to ask for the Masala potatoes as an appetizer, hopefully they will portion it smaller. I plan to do this for several veggie and pasta entrees to give myself a proper appetizer. 

59 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

My plan is to ask for the Masala potatoes as an appetizer, hopefully they will portion it smaller. I plan to do this for several veggie and pasta entrees to give myself a proper appetizer. 

Also a good idea, thank you! Soup (and mash 🤣) is very much a winter staple where we live, and not something we want daily on a hopefully lovely, sunny cruise in the Med! I’ll be happy with salad starters but husband won’t. 

We usually eat quite a lot of spicy food  at home and I’ve read good things about curries in the buffet, so will be trying that. Just don’t want to spend every evening in there, and we have never done this on any previous cruises. Adaptation is key at this point I suppose! 

• Like 1

Well, the cruise is over and we’re just waiting to get off the ship. So this will be our last meal on the ship, followed by three days in Athens.

We were given departure group 14, and I changed it to 39 with guest relations, so this allowed us to have a nice breakfast, and take our time getting off the ship. Otherwise, group 14 departed quite a while ago, but we will have until 9 AM.

Also, we couldn’t get an elevator up to the buffet, so we did the sit down MDR breakfast and that was much easier to access with only one flight of stairs for us. The elevators kept passing right by everybody and we didn’t want to wait anymore to get to deck 10.

IMG_9731.jpeg

IMG_9733.jpeg

IMG_9735.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Do they still have the American style ‘link sausages’ or were the bangers your only option ?

They had pork sausages and chicken sausages, but I think they were more of the English type, and I really didn’t particularly enjoy either one of them.