New Captains Club list of benefits 30th August 2023

cublet

Hello,

I think we were all so consumed by cookiegate that we may not have noticed a new schedule of CC Benefits.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Captain-Clubs-Benefits-Brochure-V8-8-30-23.pdf

Though the document is not dated, the file name suggests it is 30th August 2023.

Nothing on the grid has jumped out and slapped me around the face but reading the full T&Cs and footnotes may hide something sinister.

Regards,

Cublet

PS: A new Royal Crown and Anchor benefits schedule has been posted for cruises departing on or after 1st September 2023 too.

Edited by cublet
dates
  • Thanks 2

• cublet changed the title to New Captains Club list of benefits 30th August 2023
7 minutes ago, Tudy said:

What I noticed is that the Elite+ discount on drink package upgrade and specialty restaurant cover charge dropped from 20% to 15%.

It may have been changed but not from this new version (Aug 30, 2023 Version 8).  The older version (Mar 24 2023 Ver 7) already had that.  Celebrity's website still has the old version posted: link

After comparing the two versions side by side, I have not found any differences yet.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

It may have been changed but not from this new version (Aug 30, 2023 Version 8).  The older version (Mar 24 2023 Ver 7) already had that.  Celebrity's website still has the old version posted: link

After comparing the two versions side by side, I have not found any differences yet.

Wow! I know it was 20% in February. Guess I didn't notice on my summer cruises because I upgraded my package on onboard and didn't purchase an specialty restaurants after March.

1 hour ago, Tudy said:

What I noticed is that the Elite+ discount on drink package upgrade and specialty restaurant cover charge dropped from 20% to 15%.

The drink package upgrade has been 15% for as long as I can remember,  Rarely used spect dining discount so that may have changed.

Just checked a older screenshot I have and dining was 15% so no change to either.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

The only difference seems to be updating for the name change of Sunset to Horizon suites on Silhouette.

• Like 1

They updated the exclusions for the CC Cocktail Hour by adding Craft Social and removing theater:

Unlimited drinks available from 5–7 PM daily in most bars and
lounges (excluding World Class Bar, Craft Social, restaurants, and Magic
Carpet. Excluding embarkation day)

It was

Unlimited drinks available from 5 –7 PM daily in most bars and
lounges (excluding World Class Bar, Magic Carpet, theater, restaurants,
and embarkation day).

Note embarkation day is still excluded.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

They updated the exclusions for the CC Cocktail Hour by adding Craft Social and removing theater:

Unlimited drinks available from 5–7 PM daily in most bars and
lounges (excluding World Class Bar, Craft Social, restaurants, and Magic
Carpet. Excluding embarkation day)

It was

Unlimited drinks available from 5 –7 PM daily in most bars and
lounges (excluding World Class Bar, Magic Carpet, theater, restaurants,
and embarkation day).

Note embarkation day is still excluded.

Craft Social is just the new name for Cellar Masters on revitalised ships which was also excluded. Assume they added "theater" as there is now a small bar outside (faces on to Celebrity Central) on revitalised ships foSilhouette Silhouette.

4 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Update: The CC will be discontinued as per 1/1/2024 based on customer demand. These surveys work wonders!

Regards, Laura

Wouldn't be surprised,  New management is clear that they want RCL and Celebrity to be far more aligned than two separate cruise lines.... I heard from an Employee recently that the Captains club and Rcl's program are looking to merge.....Something else to look forward to.  Such progress.......

2 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

Wouldn't be surprised,  New management is clear that they want RCL and Celebrity to be far more aligned than two separate cruise lines.... I heard from an Employee recently that the Captains club and Rcl's program are looking to merge.....Something else to look forward to.  Such progress.......

that would bring even more Royal C cruisers over to X..adding to the passenger base  cruisers who are more familiar with a   Royal C atmosphere on Board...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

I wouldn’t mind that at all because this would make me Diamond Plus with C&A rather than just Diamond. 🙂

11 minutes ago, kayehall said:

Question I have always wondered.  Example, my status offers 10% off drink package if purchased pre cruise.  How do they apply that if you paid for the bundle when booking your cruise?  Thanks

If you're saying you have a drink package as part of your Always Included cruise fare, you won't be able to take advantage of the 10% discount from Captains Club. 

12 minutes ago, kayehall said:

Question I have always wondered.  Example, my status offers 10% off drink package if purchased pre cruise.  How do they apply that if you paid for the bundle when booking your cruise?  Thanks

They don't The discount only applies to individual purchases not AI bundles which is why it's essential to do the maths (sorry math).

However you cut it AI is never a good deal for us. We pre pay tips to avoid any increase.

240 minutes free premium WiFi as Elite+ is all we need.

We don't drink alcohol and all our premium teas/coffee/chocolate are free.

Enough free water during Happy Hour to last until the next day.

No right or wrong just works for us.

• Like 2