Silhouette - (hopefully) a live review - 9th September Med Cruise

ladylemondrop

Hi Ladylemondrop - we’re on the same cruise, we’ll look out for you!

Sorry to hear you had a bad journey down - big accident on the A31 apparently which caused tailbacks back to Southampton. 
We’re enjoying the calm conditions across the Bay of Biscay. Here’s a picture of us (we’re the purple one) being closely followed by MSC Virtuosa which was docked behind us in Southampton. 
Enjoy your cruise!

IMG_4815.thumb.jpeg.75104d05857ca599d8d72e738d64439f.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

We're on the Oct 22nd TA with Silhouette.

Two quick questions - is Craft Social open to all and is there any British ale on draught on the ship and the price of a pint.

Thanks.

I’ll ask my son and get back to you! I’m not a beer lady…

8 hours ago, mat5664 said:

We are in 9239 end of the month 😊.  Is the balcony larger than usual.  Looks it .

another ques. abt cabin

Is the bed by bath in your sons cabin next door?  ( #?)

Does it also  have a large balc?

so far, what have been the benefits of Concierge, besides the embark luncheon.

What was upgraded on the ship recently?

We are thinking of Silho for Bermuda..considering Concierge with some specialty dining?

thanks 

6 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

Two quick questions - is Craft Social open to all and is there any British ale on draught on the ship and the price of a pint.

Thanks.

Sorry to butt in OP, but don't think I have seen an answer thus far to the first question.  Craft Social is indeed open to all Baggy178.  From experience on our last cruise on Silly.

14 hours ago, hcat said:

another ques. abt cabin

Is the bed by bath in your sons cabin next door?  ( #?)

Does it also  have a large balc?

so far, what have been the benefits of Concierge, besides the embark luncheon.

What was upgraded on the ship recently?

We are thinking of Silho for Bermuda..considering Concierge with some specialty dining?

thanks 

Hi Hcat, yes 9237 has bed by bath, and lovely big balcony. Great cabin, we have been offered canapés in the afternoon and got a bottle of bubbly, tote bag, and nice footstools on balcony. We mostly chose for location.

14 hours ago, MikeMary4449 said:

We too are curious about the cheesecake from your first night's dinner.

Was it shown on the menu as available every night?  It looks delicious!

Thanks in advance.  Mike and Mary

Yes, it’s the New York cheesecake I believe it’s in the always available. 

10 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Sorry to butt in OP, but don't think I have seen an answer thus far to the first question.  Craft Social is indeed open to all Baggy178.  From experience on our last cruise on Silly.

Yes Craft Social is open to all, drinks are included in drink packages if you have one, but food is extra charge. I will try post menu of the beer offerings later. I was waiting to check with my son about draught beer as I’m not a beer drinker. 😊

• Like 1

Last nights dinner in Tuscan - the restaurant was not full at all and we got a great table by the window and views of the wake as sun was setting. The waiting staff were really great and were really helpful with menu choices. Mohammed served us he had a great smile. 

We started with a sharer antipasti board, calamari, and crab cakes. And Parmesan breadsticks! These are to die for! I ate far too many. 

Then we had Filet Mignon, Rigatoni Alfredo with lobster, (tiny pieces) and for dessert, Strawberry shortcake zabligione. Delicious. 

We got a dining package at a great price when a sale was on so our specialty meals average £26 each, which isn’t too bad. 

After dinner we saw the show, LIFE, it was good with acrobatics and singing/dancing. Some of the singing was a little shouty off key but the acrobatics was excellent. Theatre was full. 

Then we went to the Abba singalong followed by 70’s disco, this was eye opening! Everyone went crazy!! It was held at the Foyer Deck 3/4, and everyone joined in dancing in the lifts too, so much fun. There will be some sore heads and feet this morning…! 😂

We got back to our cabin and we had a towel animal, and a little flower 🌹 nice touches. 

I am 51 still get excited by a towel frog! 

IMG_3675.jpeg

IMG_3676.jpeg

IMG_3677.jpeg

IMG_3679.jpeg

IMG_3687.jpeg

IMG_3690.jpeg

IMG_3692.jpeg

IMG_3693.jpeg

IMG_3695.jpeg

IMG_3709.jpeg

IMG_3710.jpeg

Edited by ladylemondrop
Dup post
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ladylemondrop said:

Last nights dinner in Tuscan - the restaurant was not full at all and we got a great table by the window and views of the wake as sun was setting. The waiting staff were really great and were really helpful with menu choices. Mohammed served us he had a great smile. 

We started with a sharer antipasti board, calamari, and crab cakes. And Parmesan breadsticks! These are to die for! I ate far too many. 

Then we had Filet Mignon, Rigatoni Alfredo with lobster, (tiny pieces) and for dessert, Strawberry shortcake zabligione. Delicious. 

We got a dining package at a great price when a sale was on so our specialty meals average £26 each, which isn’t too bad. 

After dinner we saw the show, LIFE, it was good with acrobatics and singing/dancing. Some of the singing was a little shouty off key but the acrobatics was excellent. Theatre was full. 

Then we went to the Abba singalong followed by 70’s disco, this was eye opening! Everyone went crazy!! It was held at the Foyer Deck 3/4, and everyone joined in dancing in the lifts too, so much fun. There will be some sore heads and feet this morning…! 😂

We got back to our cabin and we had a towel animal, and a little flower 🌹 nice touches. 

I am 51 still get excited by a towel frog! 

IMG_3708.mov 59.29 MB · 1 download   IMG_3706.mov 16.92 MB · 1 download  

IMG_3675.jpeg

IMG_3676.jpeg

IMG_3677.jpeg

IMG_3679.jpeg

IMG_3687.jpeg

IMG_3690.jpeg

IMG_3692.jpeg

IMG_3693.jpeg

IMG_3695.jpeg

IMG_3709.jpeg

IMG_3710.jpeg

The book ' Anxious People ' -  is that about pre-cruisers worried about the availablity of whole tomatoes and cookies ? 

Bet it's a page-turner ...😉

• Haha 6

Great review continues!

thank you for cabin info.. we will try to book that in Concierge which seems to offer quite a bit.. now mostly gone from AQ Class.

My husb sd its been awhile since we tried concierge so let's do it..and we have not been on Silho since it first sailed!

Photos and videos are great..seems like a happy ship!  

have any areas  been updated  for regular class guests?

2 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

The book ' Anxious People ' -  is that about pre-cruisers worried about the availablity of whole tomatoes and cookies ? 

Bet it's a page-turner ...😉

I saw that book on the table.. Looks interesting. No worries here abt cookies or tomatoes...but find in general people are more edgy these days...Covid,  economy, ..Cruises are supposed to offer a respite from all that!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hcat said:

Great review continues!

thank you for cabin info.. we will try to book that in Concierge which seems to offer quite a bit.. now mostly gone from AQ Class.

My husb sd its been awhile since we tried concierge so let's do it..and we have not been on Silho since it first sailed!

I think the whole ship has been ‘revolutionised’

its been a very long time since we’ve been on her too, was 2012 last time… She looks in great shape all over. 

Am actually pinching myself that we are here today, it’s been an incredibly difficult time for us at home with my husbands health yet here we are, on a beautiful ship, enjoying amazing weather good food and great company. I’m happy 😊 

• Like 15

21 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

Thanks.

Hi I am not sure this will help but these are photos from the menu at craft social bar, sorry they are not great! The beers range from 10$ up to 20$ if it’s a Belgian beer.  The Newcastle Ale is draught. 

IMG_3729.jpeg

IMG_3730.jpeg

Edited by ladylemondrop
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, NeroliGirl said:

Hi Ladylemondrop - we’re on the same cruise, we’ll look out for you!

Sorry to hear you had a bad journey down - big accident on the A31 apparently which caused tailbacks back to Southampton. 
We’re enjoying the calm conditions across the Bay of Biscay. Here’s a picture of us (we’re the purple one) being closely followed by MSC Virtuosa which was docked behind us in Southampton. 
Enjoy your cruise!

IMG_4815.thumb.jpeg.75104d05857ca599d8d72e738d64439f.jpeg

@NeroliGirl  What app is this?  Definitely need this for our upcoming cruise.  My DH would love this!

1 hour ago, ladylemondrop said:

They have cookies at Al Bacio! FREE 

And lots of lovely pastries muffins and tarts too… I succumbed to a little lemon tart… 🍋 

IMG_3732.jpeg

IMG_3731.jpeg

IMG_3733.jpeg

All wow.. tell X you have already sold us on a cruise!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ladylemondrop said:

Yes, it’s the New York cheesecake I believe it’s in the always available. 

Sadly no. It's no longer on the always available list. It wasn't available last night and not on the menu tonight. It's a case of get it while you can. You could always try asking off menu of course.

• Thanks 2

We will be on the September 22nd sailing!  Following along! 

We are leaving London at 9:30 am to head to Southampton. I'm assuming will be in plenty of time given the boat show and possibility of accident etc. What do you all think? Our check in time is noon. 

Amy

6 hours ago, hcat said:

Great review continues!

The whole ship has been ‘revolutionised’ and the main thing you’ll see, as a regular passenger, is the difference in the cabin decor.

Thank you so much for the photos, especially the Abba night. It’s just the best, isn’t it!

We love Mohammed (Mo) in Tuscan too.

Keep the pics and info coming!! X

• Like 1

15 hours ago, H2OH! said:

We will be on the September 22nd sailing!  Following along! 

We are leaving London at 9:30 am to head to Southampton. I'm assuming will be in plenty of time given the boat show and possibility of accident etc. What do you all think? Our check in time is noon. 

Amy

Amy I would leave a lot earlier if you can, better to be there early than be stressing about being late. We met a lot of people on this cruise who nearly didn’t make it in time. Even the night before is a good idea. 

• Like 1

Murano dinner. Always superb, last night didn’t disappoint. We were sat in the centre near the beautiful flowers with Angnelo as our waiter. He was very funny he told us lots of awful dad jokes but in such an elegant way! 

Food was perfect, cooked mostly tableside and delicious. We had Diver Scallop in puff pastry with truffle, Lobster bisque, Chateaux Briand and Crepe Balon Rouge (best dessert ever) Even the bread and butter is to die for. 

Then we saw the show, the theatre gets full half an hour before the show… be early! 
The Barricade Boys, featuring four young men who have performed in Les Miserables, they are excellent. They did a mix of Motown, Music theatre, and songs from Les Mis. 

And then we headed up to the Sky Lounge for Silent Disco, it was hilarious fun, everyone singing (badly) and dancing - try it! 

Today we are just arriving into Malaga, for the afternoon. We are just going to explore on our own as our tour of Nerja caves was unfortunately cancelled. I was a bit disappointed.

IMG_3742.jpeg

IMG_3741.jpeg

IMG_3743.jpeg

IMG_3749.jpeg

IMG_3756.jpeg

IMG_3757.jpeg

• Like 4