Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

46 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

So if I understand correctly, the restriction is only for those wishing to enter Gibraltar through Spain? And so would this restriction apply to those wishing to cross independently? It wasn't something I planned on this trip, but I was interested in visiting Gibraltar at some point on a return trip.

You’d have to check with the Spanish authorities if you could cross independently, but my hunch is that they may not be cooperative, as there is a lot of history involved on that particular border. 

If you went on a cruise that docked at Gibraltar, you’d be able to explore the port either independently or on tour. 

I wanted pub for dinner but my mom was leaning towards the buffet for American theme. 

I took a peak at it and I was persuaded to give it a try looks nice and while I've enjoyed the British food, I'm ready to give some comfort foods a try 😋

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

It's probably to speed up the border crossings for the excursion. 

I wonder if there's a non-Schengen version or the border crossings make it not worth doing. 

23 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

2 minutes ago, NE John said:

@Host Hattie Do Cunard ships dock directly in Gibraltar being a British line? That can eliminate passport problems of English speaking pax. Yes , the Spanish are very sore over the status of Gibraltar. 

Cunard dock there and lots of other lines. And, I believe, there’s cheap fuel. UK passengers like it, if it’s an early port of call, because there is a Marks and Spencer, so they can buy anything they’ve forgotten.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Cunard dock there and lots of other lines. And, I believe, there’s cheap fuel. UK passengers like it, if it’s an early port of call, because there is a Marks and Spencer, so they can buy anything they’ve forgotten.

Makes sense for a ship carrying the British Ensign flag to dock there and avoid the around Gibraltar. 

5 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

What were the dining room offerings tonight? I hope that tastes better than it looks!

OMGoodness, a pick 'n mix.

Love those flavours and is that sushi on the same plate as onion rings? Looks fabulous as a real treat!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm just a bit worried about Cunard’s attempts at an American theme! I guess we'll know soon.

It was no better or worse than an American cruise lines American buffet😆.

It was a bit of a guilty pleasure to enjoy some homestyle food.

The fried chicken was the only thing that stood out as oddly prepared. American fried chicken is KFC this was like a chicken cutlet. I still devoured it. 

38 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

What were the dining room offerings tonight? I hope that tastes better than it looks!

F for presentation but yes very good 😆.  I'll swing by the dining room for the menu.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Got the mobile bar setup and another ready in the room and then I killed my €30 duty free purchase.

Sitting outside listening to the pool sloshing and enjoying the cool night air.

16979123726561592363625723905292.thumb.jpg.4e9e20806981fdfab4bcc4e4905768aa.jpg

1 part absolute, 1 part pineapple, 1.5 oj. Still working on the exact ratios for best taste. I wonder if I will have access to pineapple juice next week 🤔

• Like 12

Just got an email from Carnival reminding me not to show up before my arrival time or else be turned away. 

I really really hope that doesn't happen.

They also said we will need to surrender our passports in order to prepare for immigration processing into Las Palmas.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 6