Houston Hobby Hotels

kelkel2

My friend and I plus my kids are going on a cruise together in June 2024. We would like to stay at a hotel near Houston Hobby since there’s where we’re going to be flying in and the next morning we will probably just use the cruise line’s shuttle to the terminal. Is there a good hotel close by with things to do? Maybe walking distance to anything fun or a nice restaurant? A pool would be nice. There’s just so many to chose from I thought I’d ask on here to see if there’s any stand outs. 

I would not stay at one of the hotels near Hobby airport as the neighborhood in that area is not one I, as a Houston area resident, would ever stay in.  You can take Uber just a little bit south, towards Galveston, and stay in a much safer area.  Clear lake or League City area near NASA would be better.  Many people stay in Texas City area but someone that lives on the south side of Houston may have more specific recommendations.  

13 hours ago, George C said:

We love the doubletree nice bar and restaurant, pretty sure there is a pool , if we stay by hobby this is our hotel. I believe there is a free shuttle from airport.

If they want cruise line shuttle this is as good as it gets . 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 9:04 AM, ssb said:

If they want cruise line shuttle this is as good as it gets . 

This would be perfect. I do think we were thinking of booking the cruise line shuttle.

What is around for breakfast at this hotel? 

So if I am reading some of these responses right, are plans are to fly into Houston/Hobby Airport, it is safer (we want to fly in from KC, MO the day before for just in case since it is February) to get a hotel closer to the Galveston area or what, since we will be cruising out of Galveston.

On 10/4/2023 at 1:42 AM, beshears said:

So if I am reading some of these responses right, are plans are to fly into Houston/Hobby Airport, it is safer (we want to fly in from KC, MO the day before for just in case since it is February) to get a hotel closer to the Galveston area or what, since we will be cruising out of 

Unless you're landing at Hobby later in the evening, your best bet would be to grab an Uber or shuttle and head to Galveston and spend the night on the island. There's lots of great restaurants and you'll be less than 10 minutes from the Port on embarkation day. Much better start to your vacation!