Royal Changes Next Week b/c of Lee?

vision14k

19 hours ago, kirian said:

I truly do understand that this is for safety reasons, but I'm so bummed. Switching from NE/Canada to Florida and the Bahamas is a pretty massive change. Trying super hard to look at the positive and remind myself that I love sea days.

also them saying super exciting is just ....not exciting. the only good thing is coco cay. ive done that itinerary sooo many times that im flying to my first cruise next month.  i mean. how exciting can over night in baltimore be? lol. if you do get off the ship go to the paper moon diner but google before you go so you know what to expect. 

also in florida i walked 15 min from the ship and did cocoa beach helicopters and spent 169 for a ride around the space shuttle landing runway and the general cruise area. lotta fun!

I will be headed out on Vision of the Seas tomorrow. I was really looking forward to the NE/Canada itinerary and my whale watching excursion, but I will make the best of the trip anyway. Not thrilled about sitting in Baltimore for a day either. I definitely would have canceled if I didn’t desperately need the vacation. 

On the plus side, I did win my RoyalUp bid to go from an interior to a spacious ocean view.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, GimmeOcean said:

Looks like Jewel will be moving across the harbor to Manhattan.

wow that's going to be an interesting sight to see. its been many many many years since a royal ship docked at the manhattan terminal 

On 9/12/2023 at 5:10 PM, firefly333 said:

$75 or $100 obc inside or balcony isnt enough to sit in the port 3 days. That's kinda crazy. 

It's $75 to $100 more than we got to sit at port for Hurricane Sandy. Weather is considered an act of god and actually nothing needs to be done, nice of them to offer anything 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

wow that's going to be an interesting sight to see. its been many many many years since a royal ship docked at the manhattan terminal 

I just IM'd with a friend who will be on the Jewel tomorrow.  She said their FB page has a whole lot of whiners wanting a refund for missing Halifax.  To each his own, but I'd go to the MET Museum of Art over Halifax any day.

HA!!  RCCL should give them the refund, BUT deduct the additional port fees for Manhattan vs Halifax!!  Guess what port is #1 on the World's Most Expensive Ports?

Edited by pcur

49 minutes ago, pcur said:

I just IM'd with a friend who will be on the Jewel tomorrow.  She said their FB page has a whole lot of whiners wanting a refund for missing Halifax.  To each his own, but I'd go to the MET Museum of Art over Halifax any day.

HA!!  RCCL should give them the refund, BUT deduct the additional port fees for Manhattan vs Halifax!!  Guess what port is #1 on the World's Most Expensive Ports?

I hate it when people who elect to book a cruise near the peak of hurricane season whine when their trip is altered by a hurricane.   

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I hate it when people who elect to book a cruise near the peak of hurricane season whine when their trip is altered by a hurricane.   

I can still understand and sympathize with them and feeling disappointed.  Going to florida instead of Canada I'd be bummed.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

It's $75 to $100 more than we got to sit at port for Hurricane Sandy. Weather is considered an act of god and actually nothing needs to be done, nice of them to offer anything 

Imo it's more of a bribe to keep people from cancelling. I lost a port last year and also got 0. 

Nothing to do with being nice. Rcl wants their money. Right now these cruises could have been purchased on the cheap .. as we go further into more expensive cruises I expect more $$$ offset. Airlines are saying earnings will be a bit lower and the cost has dropped a bit. Rcl wants another blow out earnings. It's about the almighty dollar. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 5:10 PM, firefly333 said:

$75 or $100 obc inside or balcony isnt enough to sit in the port 3 days. That's kinda crazy. 

Right? Especially if your cabin faces the port! We got in early once around 9pm the night before debarkation and it was hard to stay on the ship. I just wanted to go home at that point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Right? Especially if your cabin faces the port! We got in early once around 9pm the night before debarkation and it was hard to stay on the ship. I just wanted to go home at that point. 

Lol well I think I did see a correction. Only 2 days now in port .. but dont you be late embarking. 

I'm leaving Saturday and boarding allure sunday. For me its about the ship, same old ports. But I havent been to some ports like Bermuda. If I booked just to see Bermuda which I plan on, I'll be disappointed. They can skip my western ports. I think it depends on the ports how I'd feel. I dont really blame them. I think I'm on next week with all newbies. I need to get away but not great timing. That's another thing newbies have to learn is it's hard to change dates last minute. But rcl can and will. Just get me out of here. Down to the wire for me getting ready, so it's hard to read so many are sad to miss ports. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I can still understand and sympathize with them and feeling disappointed.  Going to florida instead of Canada I'd be bummed.  

You should see the emotions when ships are sent to NE/Canada instead of Bermuda or Bahamas. 😉

We are on Liberty now … missing St John and cutting time in Halifax buy several hours. 
We are good as it’s out 8th such trip, but I feel for folks from Germany, UK or our other states… aside from those changes we had some bad weather in many ports. Sailaways from ports are usually spectacular, and this time around foggy or rainy. 

We did get to see beautiful Bar Harbor as a port for the last time though. Showers here and there, but at least not rain as it was predicted.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

It’s only one day at Cape Liberty on Liberty.  We arrive late tonight, in port all day tomorrow, normal departure time on Saturday.

So 2 nights there right? That's what I saw on a letter. Yes 1 full day above, rcl is showing nights in the port.

If not for hurricane Lee we would’ve been in St John, NB today…

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/aim-fire-saint-john-1.696633

Saint John asks residents to stay inside as fire at AIM's metal recycling plant rages on
Smoke from pile of compressed cars leads to closure of 3 schools across the harbour from plant

Saint John residents were asked to take shelter from the smoke or wear masks Thursday as a scrapyard fire raged on by the harbour on the city's west side.

Crews have been battling flames at the American Iron and Metal recycling plant since early morning.

Three schools across Saint John Harbour have been forced to close because of the smoke, and people living near it were advised to stay inside.

"There's quite a bit of smoke in the area," said Saint John Fire platoon chief Ed Moyer. 

Edited by Tatka

On 9/12/2023 at 4:35 PM, roomba920 said:

Was that the Vision's original itinerary? That is a huge change, and yes, I wouldn't be happy either. I hope they're given the option to cancel. We're scheduled for Canada/Greenland on the Jewel, and if they send us south, we're not interested.

I can’t say that the cancel option is very reassuring given that it takes you to a survey form.  No confirmation email or number upon completion.

I didn’t expect the full refund option.  It was a tough decision as it wasn’t their fault Lee decided to intervene.  But I’d rather rebook the same cruise on a different date.  Most likely end up being next year given that the refund won’t happen until October 12th.

• Like 1