Royal Suite

rollie

I saw a You Tube video the showed a couple getting monogrammed pajamas. I’m wondering if this is an amenity of the Royal suite.  We have never had the opportunity be in one, and am thinking of upgrading from a MC suite. 

Rollie

Edited by rollie

7 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Hi, Rollie,

It was as late as last year.  Who knows what the current policy is with all the cuts.  I've always enjoyed my cruises in a royal suite but lately the prices are crazy, so I'm back to the balcony life.

Hi Linda, alway nice to hear from you.  This may be our one and only time in a Royal suite. It would be a birthday present for Lynn. We already have a Magic carpet suite, but thinking of splurging. 

Rollie

I'm not sure if it is still the case, but for a while it seemed the pajamas (and before that robes) were only available on ships that have been updated and E Class ships. Also - PJ bottoms run very small and sometimes the monogram machine hasn't worked, and the robes/pj's were delivered without monogram. Just don't want you to upgrade and be disappointed.  Since you have a Magic Carpet suite you are on an E class ship, but for others reading this. 

Edited by JFontaine

2 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

We got them last March.  Sizes run small.  We are in RS on Equinox in 2 weeks and I was told by shoreside concierge that that only have small size and are not restocking them.

Maybe another cut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love royal suites we have done that last couple of years and have another booked for next year . Nice pajamas didn’t have them monogrammed, they also used to give you robes , best things is unlimited specialty restaurants plus liquor setup two liters of your choice plus replenish of mini fridge for beer and mixers , also a bottle of French champagne. Since we spend most of the time in bars we sometimes bring home one or both of the bottles of liquor.

• Like 1

Since you now live in Florida and I assume you drive to the port, you can definitely bring home the booze that comes with your RS.  I had two RSs B2B last year and brought all the booze home.  Just remember to leave some room in your luggage!  And have your butler organize some bubble wrap.  The RS will come with Veuve Cliquot champagne as opposed to that sparkling wine you get in other cabins.  Enjoy!

12 hours ago, rollie said:

Thanks for all the replies. I think we’re going to pop for it. Price seems relatively reasonable. 

Rollie

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise, Rollie. I will be interested to hear your views on the E class RS. We have been put off by the tiny balcony. However, with E class in Southampton from next year we will have to decide on a room type…

We did get pj’s on one cruise but not on another so hit and miss. Personally I found the sizing odd…I ordered small and the sleeves dangled!

Definitely the best perks of the suite are the bar set up and the included speciality dining. I strongly suggest you pre book your speciality dining before boarding to ensure you get the times you want.

Enjoy your cruise and RS experience!

• Like 1

Having sailed 14 weeks with Celebrity in the past year I think I figured the included pajamas out and I believe it is stated in the fine print. We received them on revolutionized ships and edge class ships only. We were told they did not have the machine to  monogram them on the non revolutionized ships. All my information is as of March 2023 and may have changed.

As far as RS's go we prefer the S class over M or E class RS's - some may prefer the E class because of the sea views from the bed.

The M class only has one bathroom while the S class has a second half bath and a wet bar.

The M and S class space is 40% bedroom/bathroom and 60% living/dining room. The E class is 60% bedroom/bathroom and 40% living/dining room. No good place for the coffee maker in the living/dining area compared to S class if that is important to you.

The E class bedroom/bathroom area is not well isolated from each other - no door between them but there is a door to the toilet - and the living room furniture is not very comfortable for me. The E class bedroom (on the Edge) has a TV that folds down from the ceiling and is in the way. The M and S class RS's have larger balconies than the E class RS. Some will prefer the E class space with its modern aesthetic but we like the S class RS the most.

Definitely book speciality restaurants ahead of time and request your bar setup. Sometimes they will go shopping in port to get you what you want if it is not on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billc23 said:

Having sailed 14 weeks with Celebrity in the past year I think I figured the included pajamas out and I believe it is stated in the fine print. We received them on revolutionized ships and edge class ships only. We were told they did not have the machine to  monogram them on the non revolutionized ships. All my information is as of March 2023 and may have changed.

As far as RS's go we prefer the S class over M or E class RS's - some may prefer the E class because of the sea views from the bed.

The M class only has one bathroom while the S class has a second half bath and a wet bar.

The M and S class space is 40% bedroom/bathroom and 60% living/dining room. The E class is 60% bedroom/bathroom and 40% living/dining room. No good place for the coffee maker in the living/dining area compared to S class if that is important to you.

The E class bedroom/bathroom area is not well isolated from each other - no door between them but there is a door to the toilet - and the living room furniture is not very comfortable for me. The E class bedroom (on the Edge) has a TV that folds down from the ceiling and is in the way. The M and S class RS's have larger balconies than the E class RS. Some will prefer the E class space with its modern aesthetic but we like the S class RS the most.

Definitely book speciality restaurants ahead of time and request your bar setup. Sometimes they will go shopping in port to get you what you want if it is not on the ship.

We received monogrammed pajamas on Equinox March, 2022.  We cruise in 2 weeks on Equinox in RS and I was told all they had were small sizes and not restocking them.

On 9/7/2023 at 2:42 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Hi, Rollie,

It was as late as last year.  Who knows what the current policy is with all the cuts.  I've always enjoyed my cruises in a royal suite but lately the prices are crazy, so I'm back to the balcony life.

The prices are only crazy if you yourself are not, strictly speaking, crazy.

On 9/9/2023 at 4:49 AM, chemmo said:

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise, Rollie. I will be interested to hear your views on the E class RS. We have been put off by the tiny balcony. However, with E class in Southampton from next year we will have to decide on a room type…

We did get pj’s on one cruise but not on another so hit and miss. Personally I found the sizing odd…I ordered small and the sleeves dangled!

Definitely the best perks of the suite are the bar set up and the included speciality dining. I strongly suggest you pre book your speciality dining before boarding to ensure you get the times you want.

On 9/9/2023 at 5:49 AM, chemmo said:

The pj's we received only came in large/Xlarge, which allowed me not to worry about shrinkage when washing in hot water.  🙂.  (We did bless having a pair in January 2022 when an ice storm took out our power (light and heat) for 6 days!!). We love the bar set up and included speciality restaurant dining also.  (Aside:  I was recently advised that some tables in speciality restaurants are kept "available" for Upper Suite guests to book when they either make their requests in advance to their assigned Shoreside Concierge or they book on board.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

(Aside:  I was recently advised that some tables in speciality restaurants are kept "available" for Upper Suite guests to book when they either make their requests in advance to their assigned Shoreside Concierge or they book on board.)

We have been told the same. On S class when we have pre booked we have never had a problem with date/time. However, we have known RS guests struggle to get Murano bookings after mid cruise. Other restaurants seem to be pretty well available.

Friends of ours in a RS on Apex didn’t bother pre booking and on day two of their cruise decided to book in Eden and Fine Cut. They got the time they wanted in Eden but on a different day and the day they wanted but later in the evening in Fine Cut. Which goes to show they do try to accommodate suite guests! I guess there are still lots of guests travelling on E class for the first time and booking packages or booking on boarding. Hence my suggestion to Rollie to pre book or at least book immediately on boarding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rollie said:

Can you get speciality restaurants served in you cabin?

Rollie

Not typically.  That used to be something you could do in an RS, but no longer.  While I have heard of it happening, that's someone doing someone else a favor.

2 hours ago, rollie said:

Rollie

Even if you could, which is doubtful, you have unlimited specialty dining with your suite.  Why not go to the restaurant itself and enjoy being waited on with hot food?  Stuff that comes to your cabin via room service is not going to be as hot as it would be in the restaurant.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rollie said:

Rollie

Rollie, it was something we would very occasionally request…maybe every other cruise and always at least 24 hours in advance…

We would ‘Ask if it was possible…’, always avoid chic nights when we knew butlers would be extra busy in Michael’s/Retreat/theatre. Unfortunately, I think when many reasonable guests have reported this on CC, others have then boarded expecting in suite Speciality/Luminae dining as a ‘right’ not the ‘treat’ it always was. Demand has risen and frequently requests have been last minute.

Quite simply if all RS and above start requesting this regularly, especially on the ships with more suites, then it puts pressure on the restaurants and butler service. It is not sustainable.

10 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Even if you could, which is doubtful, you have unlimited specialty dining with your suite.  Why not go to the restaurant itself and enjoy being waited on with hot food?  Stuff that comes to your cabin via room service is not going to be as hot as it would be in the restaurant.

Whilst 99% of the time I would agree with you there are occasions where your balcony has the advantage. Next year the ship doesn’t leave Santorini until 10pm…The thought of dining on the balcony (M PH) that night, watching the sun set and lights beginning to twinkle on the cliff side whilst sipping a drink or two is just too tempting. I will follow posts on CC. I am hoping that an ‘occasional special request’ may be accommodated. If not I will settle for the standard Room Service menu and that view on that night!