Free airline baggage when using EZair

Alaska05

Does anyone have any experience with getting free checked baggage when using your airline credit card to pay for cruise and booking EZair.

For example we have the Delta AMEX and get one free checked bag.  I think it is supposed to be only when you book the flights directly with the airline.  EZ air is only about $20 less so it would not be worth it if I have to end up paying the checked bag fee. 

The only reason I’m considering EZair is because we plan to fly in the morning of the cruise on a non-stop into LaGuardia for a 5:00 sail away.

I have received free checked baggage on American and on United when booking with EZAir. Both times the free baggage was because of my airline credit cards. They provided free baggage because of the frequent flyer number without caring how I paid for the tickets. I have no experience with Delta and EZAir however.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

Does anyone have any experience with getting free checked baggage when using your airline credit card to pay for cruise and booking EZair.

For example we have the Delta AMEX and get one free checked bag.  I think it is supposed to be only when you book the flights directly with the airline.  EZ air is only about $20 less so it would not be worth it if I have to end up paying the checked bag fee. 

The only reason I’m considering EZair is because we plan to fly in the morning of the cruise on a non-stop into LaGuardia for a 5:00 sail away.

We use DL AX to pay for EZAir and always get the free bag, doesn’t matter if it’s EZAir or a mileage ticket, etc.

No problem.

14 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Flying in the morning of the cruise is a bad idea.

I know that and usually don’t. Might be willing to chance it for this Canada / New England cruise. Don’t have a desire to spend 1 night in New York. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

I know that and usually don’t. Might be willing to chance it for this Canada / New England cruise. Don’t have a desire to spend 1 night in New York. 

I agree with your decision on this cruise.

I would recommend EZAir and Princess transfers if flying in the morning of the cruise, even if it didn't save you anything on the fare. You would not be risking much on the cruise from New York City to Quebec City, since the first two days are port days in Newport and Boston, and it would not be difficult for Princess to arrange transportation to the next port if you missed the cruise. Also, PVSA would not be an issue, since the cruise ends in a foreign port.

I recommend Princess transfers in case you are running late and there are traffic problems. If you are on a Princess bus, then the ship knows where you are and how many people are on the bus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skynight said:

We were denied free baggage by United when we booked through EZ Air even though we paid for the cruise with the United credit card. I think you have to check with your credit card company and review the terms and conditions. 

With United you must pay for the tickets with the card to get the free baggage perk as a cardholder. When you book with Ez-air you are paying Princess. Princess is the one paying the airline. This is why tickets booked through Ez-air do not get the free baggage with United based on credit card usage.  Premiere status would be the only way to get free bags on United when booking Ez-air flights (for domestic main cabin tickets). International flights should have at least one free bag, regardless. 

• Like 1

I booked with EZ AIr Delta and was able to select my seat and luggage was free.  I called Delta to verify.  Agent said that as long as I had the card with me...(plus I would bring copy of payment with Delta card), I would be fine.  Did cancel outside of 45 days since Delta direct was much cheaper.

You might want to consider watching the weather (hurricane Lee) if you are sailing next week.  There may be all kinds of interruptions.  

Funny story.  Passenger made flight from SEA to FLL.  Luggage never caught up to them until Boston (6 days later).  Nope:  Sea Day, Norfolk, Sea Day, New York, skipped Newport, Boston.

Thanks all for your first hand experiences.

Since we would be flying Delta and using their AMEX card, we should be good if we decide to use EZair.

Sailing is October 28, so need to decide if we want to do this cruise or not.  Looks like it’s the last of the season for the Emerald doing Canada/New England.