Questions about Concierge Lounge on Vista

Hambagahle

We are booked in a Vista Suite, deck 9,  on Vista for a cruise next year.  The Concierge Lounge is just "down the hall" from us.  I know we can use the Executive Lounge but I think that is on Deck 11.  So - questions!

Can we access the Concierge Lounge with our keycards ?   and

Does it have an Espresso machine ??

If we can, and if it does, we could simply go and get an espresso and take it to our suite...and it would still be hot!

Yes, if you are in the 3 categories of top-level suites, you can use both the concierge and executive lounges...whichever is more convenient.  I must say that I am really disappointed with these lounges compared to the suite lounge on our other favorite line, Holland America.  On Holland America, the concierges in the lounge can handle any type of reservation,  financial transaction or handle any problem you might have.  I have never had to go to the front desk, since they can handle anything for the suite guests.  On the other hand, the concierges in the O lounges are pretty worthless.  If the butler can't handle something, you need to go stand in line at the front desk to get it resolved.  I sometimes wonder why O even has a person staffing in the lounge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Torquer said:

Yes, if you are in the 3 categories of top-level suites, you can use both the concierge and executive lounges...whichever is more convenient.  I must say that I am really disappointed with these lounges compared to the suite lounge on our other favorite line, Holland America.  On Holland America, the concierges in the lounge can handle any type of reservation,  financial transaction or handle any problem you might have.  I have never had to go to the front desk, since they can handle anything for the suite guests.  On the other hand, the concierges in the O lounges are pretty worthless.  If the butler can't handle something, you need to go stand in line at the front desk to get it resolved.  I sometimes wonder why O even has a person staffing in the lounge.

Perfect example of what I've mentioned recently. Wax on, Wax off. 

As a frequent Concierge class guest I resent the ability of Suite passengers to use Concierge lounge when they have their own. On the other hand, I have sprung for a suite on a 25 night cruise on Marina next summer and will look forward to using either lounge I choose. 😏

• Haha 3

On 9/15/2023 at 2:05 AM, Torquer said:

I am not worried about this because I do not need this person to sort out anything...I just want to get an espresso!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/15/2023 at 2:51 AM, ORV said:

Perfect example of what I've mentioned recently. Wax on, Wax off. 

On our last cruises with O. we rarely used the Executive Lounge.  Found no need for it and our butlers did everything we needed anyway.  But I do not like american coffee - I only drink espresso.  So if there is a coffee machine (for espresso and not "brewed" coffee!) in the Concierge Lounge I would like to be able to use that lounge.   It is only a few steps from our Vista suite...

22 minutes ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Is the lounge open 24 hours and will I be committing a major faux pas to show up (very early) in my robe to get a couple of coffees to go?

Always open.  Area may not have been recently serviced in the wee off hours.  Robes are seen in the hallways making the early trip…

• Thanks 1

Different people see this different ways, most consider walking around the ship in a robe bad form, lots of people find ways to justify it. Conventional thinking is that the robe is for the room. There are no posted policies about this. 

Edited by ORV

• 6 months later...
On 9/15/2023 at 5:12 PM, edgee said:

As a frequent Concierge class guest I resent the ability of Suite passengers to use Concierge lounge when they have their own. On the other hand, I have sprung for a suite on a 25 night cruise on Marina next summer and will look forward to using either lounge I choose. 😏

In the March 2024 Oceania Vista Cruise my Executive Lounge room key would not open the Concierge lounge door . Both doors were propped open during the day when their respective concierges were in attendance helping people as people taking coffee out couldn't push the door open very effectively without mishap. 

• Thanks 1

Must admit to wearing my dressing gown to pop back and forth to the laundry on the Regent Explorer last November. I was getting ready for dinner and the tumble drier was taking an age - didn't want to be a tumble drier hog 😜😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2023 at 1:12 PM, Hambagahle said:

On our last cruises with O. we rarely used the Executive Lounge.  Found no need for it and our butlers did everything we needed anyway.  But I do not like american coffee - I only drink espresso.  So if there is a coffee machine (for espresso and not "brewed" coffee!) in the Concierge Lounge I would like to be able to use that lounge.   It is only a few steps from our Vista suite...

I’m an American and I don’t like any of the brewed coffee I’ve had on any cruise line ever, with the exception of Uniworld. Their brewed coffee was very good. Now on the other hand, I could not get the Uniworld servers to bring me both heavy cream and milk, so that I could prepare my own half-and-half. (This was in 2021, post COVID, so……)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sirlancelot said:

In the March 2024 Oceania Vista Cruise my Executive Lounge room key would not open the Concierge lounge door . Both doors were propped open during the day when their respective concierges were in attendance helping people as people taking coffee out couldn't push the door open very effectively without mishap. 

We encountered a variant of the same problem on our recent Caribbean cruise on Vista, occasionally having difficulty opening the door with the keycard and/or exiting with cups of coffee -- just another annoyance requiring attention on an otherwise striking vessel. 

• Like 1