Carnival Cruise Line Introduces New Vegan Dining Room Menu

Honolulu Blue

32 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I don't recall seeing a new vegan-inclusive menu in totality, and certainly not a whole cruise-worth.  How can you be sure they've removed the salmon?

I think she means the new regular menu , not the vegan one. The everyday salmon is gone. However, at least on the 4 day one ( which I’m on now) there is a salmon dish the first two nights 

13 hours ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

Which ship are you on (and can I say I'm jealous)?  The vegan menu is being rolled out on a few ships at a time.  And the vegan menu is in addition to the new menu, not in place of anything.  

I’m on the Radiance . I meant we have the new regular menu, not the vegan one . 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 6:14 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Understood.  I guess I haven't pored over the new (non-Vegan) menus enough to notice it missing as an everyday item - I make much better salmon at home, so I don't even try Carnival's any more.

My wife cooks pretty much every dish Carnival offers better than Carnival does.  If I used your standard for meal selection onboard I would starve to death!  😁

9 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

My wife cooks pretty much every dish Carnival offers better than Carnival does.  If I used your standard for meal selection onboard I would starve to death!  😁

I am sure you would agree that if your wife had to cook those dishes for thousands of people at a time, they probably wouldn't be as good as what she makes at home! 😊

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 11:27 PM, Calnev1 said:

I guess I could clarify: to me, fish dishes in general are underwhelming if overcooked, which they usually are in the MDR (and I understand why, but that doesn't mean I'm going to like it).

Whereas the rest of the dishes are served in a state that is not so critical, and even Carnival's steaks can be served as we like them (med-rare) without much drama.

• Like 1

Of limited relevance to dedicated Carnival-ites, but possibly of interest to the other vegans out there, but Princess also released an updated vegan menu at https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/princess-cruises-introduces-expansive-vegan-menus-plant-based .  It looks like they have different items than Carnival.

On 9/19/2023 at 10:07 AM, Butterbean1000 said:

I have a question for vegans. I had a vegan aquintance in the past and she couldn't be anywhere she could smell meat. I made her physically ill.  Wouldn't this plant based meat have the same affect?  I'm truly interested. 

Plant based meat doesn't smell much like it's meat based counterparts. The taste is also questionably related. Not hating, I was a vegetarian for 12 years and then started eating meat again. I still have a preference for the texture of most fake meat products over real meat. If someone is used to eating meat and tries a fake meat substitute, they will be disappointed. If someone is used to not eating meat and tries a fake meat substitute, they have much better taste and texture than tofu or other vegan protein sources. 

On 9/19/2023 at 2:16 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Ah, I found a recent menu - it is Hawaiian Shrimp Poke.

The Hawaiian Shrimp Poke was an appetizer on the Dream and it was delicious!

Happy cruising everyone!