Can I make my flight?

N.A.F.T.

Next June, my NCL cruise shows to arrive in Seward at 5:00 AM.

From yall's experience, can I make it from Seward to Anchorage for a flight that departs at Noon?  

I will be flying back to Dallas Love Field and the Noon flight is the last one that day that will get me to Dallas the same day.  All other options after the noon flight have me arriving in Dallas the next day.

-Once the ship arrives, what time will they allow me to get off?

-Will the bus to Anchorage get me there by 10:30 or would I need to have some kind of private car transfer me there?

Or

-Is it too risky and I need to find a Plan B?

Definitely have a plan B. It could go all go right and you make it, yes, but so many things could happen. If all goes right let's say, you get off by 6am, an hour wait, leave by 7am and make it to the airport by 930am. But that's if everything goes right.

In addition to the ship possibly being late or delayed in letting people off, not sure when the NCL transportation leaves. I would assume they want to load the bus or train first, so even if you get off by 6am, how long will it take others and load the bus?

What about an accident on the road? There is only one road to/from Seward and Anchorage. I have friends that live there and if there is an accident then the road might be blocked and has been in the past for multiple hours. 

You could try and make it, but just be prepared to have a plan B in case you miss your flight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, N.A.F.T. said:

If you have to ask, it's too risky.

BTW, we're facing the same dilemma for flights out of Miami.  All the cheap flights are in the AM.  The afternoon flights get us home near midnight.  We decided to spend the night near the airport and catch a cheap flight the next morning.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, N.A.F.T. said:

Next June, my NCL cruise shows to arrive in Seward at 5:00 AM.

From yall's experience, can I make it from Seward to Anchorage for a flight that departs at Noon?  

I will be flying back to Dallas Love Field and the Noon flight is the last one that day that will get me to Dallas the same day.  All other options after the noon flight have me arriving in Dallas the next day.

-Once the ship arrives, what time will they allow me to get off?

-Will the bus to Anchorage get me there by 10:30 or would I need to have some kind of private car transfer me there?

Or

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You need a later flight. It is too far from the port to Anchorage. Look to take the scenic train and take a later flight. 

Read below for some recent experiences

Edited by BirdTravels

why dont you simply book a room in  anchorage, relax, spend the night, an then get the same flight you already have the very next day.

takes care of a great deal of travel stress, and you get a few hrs to explore another city and what it has to offer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aloha. We have been blessed to sail since the 1970s.  As time has gone on, I do not make a flight reservation for anything before nooon at the extreme earliest and generally after 2pm. As the ships have gotten larger, there are more delays getting off and more ships are even late to dock. As air travel and flights have increased there are more delays. Anything unexpected can and does happen. Also, after what is almost always a phenomenal vacation, the last thing I need is stress starting the morning I am getting off the ship. I don’t think it is worth the stress factor. Only my thoughts and wish you well. Please keep us posted!

• Like 1