Onward balcony furniture

KevintheIrishDJ

I find the Onward balcony chairs fine for reading or dining on the balcony, I know others disagree! 
The first photo shows the Onward chairs, the second is from one of the other ships. The chairs are still pretty upright.

IMG_3666.jpeg

IMG_3667.jpeg

Edited by lisiamc

21 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I find the Onward balcony chairs fine for reading or dining on the balcony, I know others disagree! 
The first photo shows the Onward chairs, the second is from one of the other ships. The chairs are still pretty upright.

IMG_3666.jpeg

IMG_3667.jpeg

Is that second picture Azamara? I have never seen a white desk on an Azamara ship.  The green wing chair looks like Azamara, but the white desk looks a R class Oceania ship.  They painted all the cabinets and built-ins white.

7 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Is that second picture Azamara? I have never seen a white desk on an Azamara ship.  The green wing chair looks like Azamara, but the white desk looks a R class Oceania ship.  They painted all the cabinets and built-ins white.

That’s a CC suite. They have some white furniture. The balcony furniture is the same as a regular balcony cabin, I can confirm from my very limited experience with suites! 

This is a photo showing a balcony chair on Pursuit. 

IMG_3668.png

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

That’s a CC suite. They have some white furniture. The balcony furniture is the same as a regular balcony cabin, I can confirm from my very limited experience with suites! 

This is a photo showing a balcony chair on Pursuit. 

IMG_3668.png

You are right.  I think on Onward the desk tops may have been a glossy white…..different from the other Azamara ships.

The molded chairs arms cut into your arms. When we cruised Onward in the cabin we will have for the world cruise they didn’t even have seat pads. HD Vogel stated that’s all they could get during pandemic and refurb.

It has been quite an item of discussion and dissension on the World Voyage roll call.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

The molded chairs arms cut into your arms. When we cruised Onward in the cabin we will have for the world cruise they didn’t even have seat pads. HD Vogel stated that’s all they could get during pandemic and refurb.

It has been quite an item of discussion and dissension on the World Voyage roll call.

You're right.  The molded chair arms are very uncomfortable and the shape of the back is uncomfortable as well.

In December 2023, the Onward Hotel Director told us that these chairs were being used temporarily due to supply issues related to the pandemic. It will be a year later when we board in 3 months. I'd love to find out they've replaced these uncomfortable chairs with something better.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tgg said:

You're right.  The molded chair arms are very uncomfortable and the shape of the back is uncomfortable as well.

In December 2023, the Onward Hotel Director told us that these chairs were being used temporarily due to supply issues related to the pandemic. It will be a year later when we board in 3 months. I'd love to find out they've replaced these uncomfortable chairs with something better.

I asked HD Vogel that the other Onward HD had told previous cruisers they were awaiting a new shipment. Her reply “ he would have never said that!” There was quite a discussion at the Ask the Captain and in the end there were no orders to replace them. Some on the World Cruise asked if they could bring their own chairs and were told no.

We are sure spending a fortune to sit in the cheap seats!

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I asked HD Vogel that the other Onward HD had told previous cruisers they were awaiting a new shipment. Her reply “ he would have never said that!”

We've sailed with "the other" HD many times since 2008. And that is exactly what he said.

We were on 5 Azamara cruises in 2008-2009, when there were just two ships. Passengers and staff/crew got to know each other. Repeat passengers were welcomed back like family.

I'm glad we had a chance to meet you  last December on your test cruise.😃

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tgg said:

We've sailed with "the other" HD many times since 2008. And that is exactly what he said.

We were on 5 Azamara cruises in 2008-2009, when there were just two ships. Passengers and staff/crew got to know each other. Repeat passengers were welcomed back like family.

I'm glad we had a chance to meet you  last December on your test cruise.😃

Agree @tgg, that is exactly what he said.  As a matter of fact, he said they would be there for the Christmas cruise to follow.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 2ndsailing said:

Was on 3 back to backs on the Onward last fall and it was definitely revealed by the HD that those terrible chairs were temporary. Those chairs are very uncomfortable, we had seat cushions but that didn't improve them.

I was on a November  cruise where the question was asked. The answer was that the proper chairs were in a container stuck in Shanghai. The hotel director waxed lyrically about all the issues with this container which also allegedly contained everything else we no longer had (tote bags , pens etc) but that new chairs were arriving next cruise. 
Next cruise they never appeared I believe he was back to his container story. 
With or without cushions they are without a doubt the most uncomfortable chairs ever I can’t think of any shape that would be comfortable in them. 
I would hate to have 150 nights on them even a folding camping chair I hid in the wardrobe when not using it would be better 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, uktog said:

I was on a November  cruise where the question was asked. The answer was that the proper chairs were in a container stuck in Shanghai. The hotel director waxed lyrically about all the issues with this container which also allegedly contained everything else we no longer had (tote bags , pens etc) but that new chairs were arriving next cruise. 
Next cruise they never appeared I believe he was back to his container story. 
With or without cushions they are without a doubt the most uncomfortable chairs ever I can’t think of any shape that would be comfortable in them. 
I would hate to have 150 nights on them even a folding camping chair I hid in the wardrobe when not using it would be better 

We got that same story. When we complained how uncomfortable they were (we both have back issues) 2 white night chairs arrived. They're not great either but at least had a better back on them for us. Not looking forward to 155 nights sitting on those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndsailing said:

We got that same story. When we complained how uncomfortable they were (we both have back issues) 2 white night chairs arrived. They're not great either but at least had a better back on them for us. Not looking forward to 155 nights sitting on those.

Sorry to hear that. I’d be pushing for a better solution when you are on that long 

I see Onward is also to be the 2026 world cruise ship. The bookings open next week. Maybe there will be new chairs for them 😀

Edited by uktog

1 hour ago, barneyboy said:

We were on the Onward maiden voyage and had no balcony chairs for the first 4 days so we were delighted when these chairs were delivered to the ship in Civitavecchia. Although not the most comfortable chairs they were better than none!  

I don't understand. The Pacific Princess had comfortable chairs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, barneyboy said:

We were on the Onward maiden voyage and had no balcony chairs for the first 4 days so we were delighted when these chairs were delivered to the ship in Civitavecchia. Although not the most comfortable chairs they were better than none!  

I think you are being very benevolent!  I've not been on Onward so can't comment first hand, but take it what others have said.  This is not a premium experience and to be fobbed off on the arrival of replacements just makes it worse. Azamara, stop faffing and just get it done. The other ships are fine so they need to bring the sister in line. 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I think you are being very benevolent!  I've not been on Onward so can't comment first hand, but take it what others have said.  This is not a premium experience and to be fobbed off on the arrival of replacements just makes it worse. Azamara, stop faffing and just get it done. The other ships are fine so they need to bring the sister in line. 

Phil 

Agree!  Don’t understand why they don’t just get this done!  Especially if this is the ship for the next two World Cruises! 

• Like 2

For what it’s worth, we had these chairs (with Cushions) in a CW suite for Onward’s 8/22/23 Italy-intensive sailing. There were 3 padded lounge chairs in addition to the table with 4 chairs. Thick cushions were provided for the dining chairs and kept in the suite overnight.

Jane

PS this was CW 8064 of the Aft Port Corner. We loved the suite. Didn’t really notice any major vibrations, but there was a little noise from above from chairs being moved. Mostly just on White Night with a bit around 8:15 or so on some mornings. It really wasn’t too noticeable in the bedroom.

IMG_4423.jpeg

IMG_4424.jpeg

Edited by JaneStarr
Typos
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

For what it’s worth, we had these chairs (with Cushions) in a CW suite for Onward’s 8/22/23 Italy-intensive sailing. There were 3 padded lounge chairs in addition to the table with 4 chairs. Thick cushions were provided for the dining chairs and kept in the suite overnight.

Jane

PS this was CW 8064 of the Aft Port Corner. We loved the suite. Didn’t really notice any major vibrations, but there was a little noise from above from chairs being moved. Mostly just on White Night with a bit around 8:15 or so on some mornings. It really wasn’t too noticeable in the bedroom.

IMG_4423.jpeg

IMG_4424.jpeg

Yes the top tier suites have the good chairs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1