Price drop Alert Trans Pacific Cruise Only April 2024

retird

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Just for fun I pulled up this cruise on our favorite cruise agency web site.  A Signature Suite would cost $4,198 with $325 of OBC given.  That gets the total cost down to  $77 per person day...for a Suite!  A Neptune prices out at $7418 (total for 2) with $550 of OBC which comes out to about $135 per passenger day...for a Neptune!  Pretty good deal for those that still cruise on HAL.  These prices do not include tips, fresh fish, etc :).

Is this an error, or does it reflect what many now think of HAL?  fruit for thought.

Hank

Mine also included tips

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdakda said:

The price I see for a Neptune is $12,324 per person, before taxes/port charges and noOBC.  Don't think that works for me.

3379 pp cdn for neptune which included tips for 25 days was impossible to pass up

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kdakda said:

The price I see for a Neptune is $12,324 per person, before taxes/port charges and noOBC.  Don't think that works for me.

Duplicate sorry.  Fat fingers

Edited by retird

1 minute ago, retird said:

Mine also included tips

Yes, tips included on this 7 day promo. 1039 + tax of 390 CND. If air wasn't so ridiculously priced, we would book this without a thought.  An interesting itinerary, great for sea day lovers. Been to all these ports, but see the 39 day with addition of NZ is not badly priced, not as good, but still very reasonable. We will be booking one or the other.

• Like 1

I also was able to find the low price via an online agency.

I already have a similar cruise booked on Celebrity for the same time period in 2025 (by booking BTBs) -- one day longer, better itinerary (IMO; more ports at any rate) and a ship with more entertainment.

Oh, and I also booked the two legs before it as well. 😈

14 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I also was able to find the low price via an online agency.

I already have a similar cruise booked on Celebrity for the same time period in 2025 (by booking BTBs) -- one day longer, better itinerary (IMO; more ports at any rate) and a ship with more entertainment.

Oh, and I also booked the two legs before it as well. 😈

We also have another cruise, with Oceania, booked at that time.  DW reaction was that she would not consider HAL even if were free!  :).  But it truly is a fantastic price for those that enjoy HAL.

Hank

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Thanks. Very very interesting. 😟

We have long suggested that folks "shop around" among some reputable high volume cruise agencies as well as checking out HAL's own site.  With our HAL bookings, we have always found much better overall deals with our favorite cruise agencies.  These days, all the cruise lines do a lot of business with the large travel "consortiums" (these are groups of independent agencies) and will sometimes take advantage of their clout to unload inventory.  Our favorite consortium (most cruisers are not even aware of these groups which normally operate in the background) handles over $11 Billion a year in bookings, which gives you some idea of their importance to the industry.

Hank

10 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We also have another cruise, with Oceania, booked at that time.  DW reaction was that she would not consider HAL even if were free!  :).  But it truly is a fantastic price for those that enjoy HAL.

Hank

10 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

To each their own..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Be creative with flights.  Check routes like Hawaiian from Seattle via Honolulu.  

Thanks.   Im looking at all routes.    Seems a lot of cruisers took advantage of this offer and today the offer for neptune has gone up by $1100 pp cdn. 

1 hour ago, retird said:

Thanks.   Im looking at all routes.    Seems a lot of cruisers took advantage of this offer and today the offer for neptune has gone up by $1100 pp cdn. 

This is the perfect example of when you see a deal you need to act fast, or at least put it on hold.  Kuddos to you on a great deal.

• Like 4