Tropical storm warnings this weekend?

tomahawk246

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

No cruises should be affected by this.

Vision of the seas is effected by these storms, Saturday sailings is canceled and i read on other sites the ship is planning on returning on Monday

For the Oasis out of Cape Liberty, it will not be a problem as the storm will be mostly over by then

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I always forget about Baltimore.

Serenade has also altered course on the way to Boston. Waiting advisory update from captain. Departure from Coco Cay came with announcement that we would be heading farther east to "avoid the worst of the storm".

9 minutes ago, merryjewelhound said:

We are currently on Vision of the Seas and cruise has been extended till 9/25 as we were due in 9/23. We are currently still level with Fl. There is a ship from another company due in Sunday so we can not dock till Monday.

We had an arrival delay several years ago due to weather. My number one advice to anyone is to take several extra days of necessary meds with you. 

We couldn’t get back to Port Canaveral for 3 extra days. Some people got off at our stop in Mexico to fly home.

m

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, merryjewelhound said:

We are currently on Vision of the Seas and cruise has been extended till 9/25 as we were due in 9/23. We are currently still level with Fl. There is a ship from another company due in Sunday so we can not dock till Monday.

We are right behind you on Serenade headed to Boston according to CruiseMapper 

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Vision I can understand as the Chesapeake can be a real bear in systems like this even if it's not too bad on land.

Baltimore is supposed to get a lot of rain and wind.  We're in No VA and we're expecting 40+ mph winds and 2-3 inches of rain.  There are tropical storm warnings/watches along the east coast including the tidal Potomac and the Bay.

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm on Serenade too.  Guess we will get update from Captain at noon.

Pretty nice day so far.

Yes, the Captain is doing a great job keeping us out of weather.  Barely any motion and partly sunny skies!

• Like 1

Yikes, that tropical storm sort of came out of nowhere!  I’m sorry for everyone who’s cruise has been effected by it.

I’m warily watching the tropical forcast  (see photo) because that disturbance out in the Atlantic looks like it might be trouble for my Wonder Eastern Caribbean cruise that leaves next Sunday. Fingers crossed it doesn’t develop or heads out to the open Atlantic. 

E84215E2-FABF-4833-99EF-3F415671F9D8.png

1 hour ago, TravelBluebird said:

Yikes, that tropical storm sort of came out of nowhere!  I’m sorry for everyone who’s cruise has been effected by it.

I’m warily watching the tropical forcast  (see photo) because that disturbance out in the Atlantic looks like it might be trouble for my Wonder Eastern Caribbean cruise that leaves next Sunday. Fingers crossed it doesn’t develop or heads out to the open Atlantic. 

E84215E2-FABF-4833-99EF-3F415671F9D8.png

It really didn't.  A low pressure system has been forecast for about a week and showing up on forecast maps for longer than that..  The track wasn't locked in.  As of right now, it's not a tropical storm, but it may become one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mark290 said:

But there is. If there weren't weather systems it wouldn't have been cancelled either.

Right. I'm just saying that the geography of the Port of Baltimore is unique in this case and people worried about their future cruises being canceled shouldn't apply a weather cancelation there to other ports that don't have several hours of inland waterway to pass through to get to open water.

5 hours ago, merryjewelhound said:

How are the waves today?  The ship trackers show you just south of the storm.

Theron