Indian Visa's

ski ww

22 minutes ago, ElizabethS said:

We're booked to Mumbai early February and onto a cruise.  Cancellation insurance will cover it but not sure when to pull the pin.  It's a long cruise (48 nights) so don't want to spend the next weeks/month worrying about it. 

You may want to  just cancel now  before  the penalties kick  in  & save the worry

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

You may want to  just cancel now  before  the penalties kick  in  & save the worry

In theory we wouldn't have any penalties - we're fully covered for this situation (checked with broker)........it's more a case of not wishing months of uncertainty. 

Edited by ElizabethS

A couple of thoughts...

Would it be possible to embark at the first port beyond India? That would shorten your cruise, but with a 48-night itinerary, missing a night or two in India shouldn't be too much of a loss. It might be worthwhile checking with your TA or cruise line.

As things stand currently, I wouldn't want to travel to India now even if I could get a visa. But diplomatic squabbles come and go, and it's always possible that visas will be available again by the time of your cruise. Unless you are considering booking a different cruise during the same general time frame as a replacement, and need to book now, maybe you should hold off cancelling until final payment. By then, you'll have a better idea whether or not relations with India are likely to improve sufficiently for visas to be issued again. 

2 hours ago, ElizabethS said:

In theory we wouldn't have any penalties - we're fully covered for this situation (checked with broker)........it's more a case of not wishing months of uncertainty. 

An option if the cruise line would  agree  is to  get on in the next Country after India  if the VISA situation continues

You will be paying for the full cruise

We are booked on a cruise which calls in to India mid December.  My husband has a Cansdian passport so his chances of getting a visa are slim to none. We are already into penalty phase. Looking at the language between Canada and India, I  suspect this is more than just a spat.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 6:32 AM, mumcat said:

We are booked on a cruise which calls in to India mid December.  My husband has a Cansdian passport so his chances of getting a visa are slim to none. We are already into penalty phase. Looking at the language between Canada and India, I  suspect this is more than just a spat.

If your in France you may have an easier time.  They use a contractor in Canada to process Visa applications and have told the contractor to close its offices in Canada.  I don't think they have imposes restrictions on issuing visas for Canadian passports.  

1 minute ago, em-sk said:

If your in France you may have an easier time.  They use a contractor in Canada to process Visa applications and have told the contractor to close its offices in Canada.  I don't think they have imposes restrictions on issuing visas for Canadian passports.  

No, we applied for his visa on line and it makes no difference where you are geographically. Canadians worldwide are not being given visas.

21 minutes ago, mumcat said:

No, we applied for his visa on line and it makes no difference where you are geographically. Canadians worldwide are not being given visas.

Well, that is unfortunate.   

2 minutes ago, mom says said:

Just saw that multiple news sources are reporting that India will resume visa services at the High Commission  and consulates beginning tomorrow. Only for select categories, but they include entry visas.

Unfortunately this does not include tourist visas. Entry visas are only for Indian citizens in Canada. 

1 hour ago, mumcat said:

Unfortunately this does not include tourist visas. Entry visas are only for Indian citizens in Canada. 

Not just Indian citizens, according to CTV. The entry visas are restricted to

"persons of Indian origin," or spouses or children of such persons or of Indian citizens

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/india-resuming-some-visa-services-at-high-commission-consulates-in-canada-1.6616259

• 4 weeks later...