Vista - Early morning announcements waking up cruisers

Ron&Sue

We have sailed many cruises with Oceania and never were woken by announcements. This cruise has announcements so loud that wakes us as early as 7AM. We talked to front desk and they suggested ear plugs. This is a deal breaker for us. Today while on a tender others were complaining about the early morning announcements. Anyone else experience this?

19 minutes ago, Ron&Sue said:

We have sailed many cruises with Oceania and never were woken by announcements. This cruise has announcements so loud that wakes us as early as 7AM. We talked to front desk and they suggested ear plugs. This is a deal breaker for us. Today while on a tender others were complaining about the early morning announcements. Anyone else experience this?

No.

21 minutes ago, Ron&Sue said:

Hope early morning announcements are not part of a new trend, as I have over 50 nights booked on Oceania in the next 9 months, most of them on Vista. I have experienced Oceania cruise directors who "over announce" reading Currents in a loud booming voice over the PA system to folks who are quite capable of reading it themselves. However, unless announcements pertain to an early morning arrival at a port of call, I have never had a "wake me up" problem with announcements on Oceania. 

38 minutes ago, Ron&Sue said:

Did you hear the announcements on the speakers inside your stateroom? Normally, they are translated from the hallway outside your room. Also, it’s very rare that they started as early as 7am. Most likely complaining to the front desk won’t resolve the problem. You can try to talk to the GM about it and see if that may help.

• Like 2

That happened to us before. In some occasions early in the morning when arriving in port early as well. Some cabins are closer to loudspeakers in the hallways than others so you can also hear them inside. Take a note of that cabins for the future bookings if it bothers you.

• Like 2

Is it just about tenders and stuff? 

I suppose this means the old game of running to open the cabin door to hear the announcement is no longer - I wonder what they have changed with the door/wa;;s to make the sound more bearable. 

Just off Vista in cabin 9045.   We could hear the announcements, not clearly, from the hall.  I think there is poor noise insulation within the cabins.  While on board I started a thread about being able to hear the noise from 9043’s TV at 5 in the morning.  This was a worse problem.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ron&Sue said:

Yes, if announcements are for important tender/port activities.  Was on Vista with Paul for 30 days in August and September, and I did not find it unusual, but normal and expected.  But, of course, I am an early riser to get on the tenders first thing.

27 minutes ago, tigerfan75 said:

Yes, if announcements are for important tender/port activities.  Was on Vista with Paul for 30 days in August and September, and I did not find it unusual, but normal and expected.  But, of course, I am an early riser to get on the tenders first thing.

So you not have to go wait in the lounge until the tender  tickets/numbers  are called??

Paul was announcing that you have to go to lounge and get tender tickets for tours and disembarking and not just making way down to gangplank.   Vista definitely has thin walls.  

Paul and Leia, Assistant Cruise Director are disembarking on 29th in Montreal.  New Cruise Director will be Ray Carr, with Assistant Cruise Director who is Australian.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were recently on Vista (cabin 8048)....the only way we could hear the announcements was to open our cabin door.  We heard a faint dinging sound and that's the only way we knew there was an announcement outside.