(Emerald) Princess - when do holiday decorations go up?

zigzaggery

44 minutes ago, zigzaggery said:

This has probably been asked and answered many times - apologies - I can't figure out how to effectively search!

Sailing November 4-15 on the Emerald. Wondering when holiday decorations go up. Thinking we're probably too early. 🙂

Princess generally begins decorating for Christmas holidays on the cruise following US Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, zigzaggery said:

This has probably been asked and answered many times - apologies - I can't figure out how to effectively search!

Sailing November 4-15 on the Emerald. Wondering when holiday decorations go up. Thinking we're probably too early. 🙂

Are you asking about Thanksgiving or Christmas?  
You may see some fall type decorations towards the end of your cruise in the buffet, but you’re too early for Christmas decorations.

• Like 1

Thanksgiving decorations only go up for that week or that day. Christmas decorations go up usually the weekend after Thanksgiving or the next cruise.

I would not expect any decorations to be the first of November.

I will be sailing during Canadian Thanksgiving. There are several Canadians onboard - I will be curious how they acknowledge that.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

I was on the Royal Princess last year 12/12 to 12/22.  The Xmas decorations didn’t start to appear until the morning of 12/20 (xmas trees, garland, wreaths, and stockings).  I did notice that a the menorah was out for Hanukkah from embarkation day and was put away immediately once that holiday ended.

Was on the Sky for Easter this year and the Easter decorations showed up the Friday before Easter Sunday and were taken down Tuesday after Easter.

Princess puts up festive decorations only for a short period of time.  Not like Disney parks.

10 hours ago, SCX22 said:

I was on the Royal Princess last year 12/12 to 12/22.  The Xmas decorations didn’t start to appear until the morning of 12/20 (xmas trees, garland, wreaths, and stockings).  I did notice that a the menorah was out for Hanukkah from embarkation day and was put away immediately once that holiday ended.

Was on the Sky for Easter this year and the Easter decorations showed up the Friday before Easter Sunday and were taken down Tuesday after Easter.

Princess puts up festive decorations only for a short period of time.  Not like Disney parks.

November 9th - Magic Kingdom Mickey's Very Merry Christmas starts

• Like 1

I know exactly when it is, I've cruised the Emerald Princess on 5 separate occasions the weekend of Thanksgiving. I've watched the crew decorate the atrium several times. 

The weekend after Thanksgiving, when I get off the ship around the 10th of December the ship is fully decorated. 

The Emerald Princess the atrium during the holidays is extraordinary.

The champagne waterfall on formal night with all the Christmas decorations is something very very special. I hope you get to experience that, there's nothing like it. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 4:05 PM, zigzaggery said:

See you on-board on the 4th!