The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 29th, 2023

richwmn

51 minutes ago, Red Haired Lady said:

Thanks, Ann.  (Sorry to highjack this thread)

Janet, it is impossible to hijack this thread.  We talk about everything and anything.  It is the perfect place to come ask a question! 

I've done a few Meet and Greet events and I agree with Jacqui and Ann.  I have had people give meet up information for private tours, but never use the M&G to organize and sell a tour.  We have also had people organize game teams - mahjong, bridge, trivia, various other card games, etc.

• Like 15

How appropriate today is Broadway Day & Maritime Day given I'm stuck in an NYC airport trying to get home from a cruise...

Tend to agree w/the quote.

Pass on the food and drink. Would try the wine.

Been to Anchorage once on a land cruise tour - it was truly the only bad experience we've had w/HAL and will not do another. We love HAL & AK, so we'll stick with cruise only.

The days in history are important. 

After being stranded in the rain for a couple hours and numerous flight cancelations, I just want to go home and sleep in my own bed. Thanks for letting me whine.

Views from my balcony this morning pulling into NY.

20230929_060528.jpg

20230929_060518.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I think the biggest reason officers stopped attending Meet & Greets was sometimes Roll Call members used the get together to complain or vent frustrations. We used to host some really large Roll Calls and Meet and Greets and used to remind our Roll Call members this was the wrong place to vent.

Our front door is beautiful again.

Bingo! In addition to the captain's dinner inside the PG when you're hosting a table 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Is there no limit to this. Mr. McFlurry? What’s next, cotton candy! 😀

Thank you for your interest in my photos @RedneckBob.😋😃

We call cotton candy Candy Floss.

Most English seaside resorts sell it and Pauline got Candy Floss on Royal Caribbean Harmony of the seas.

Screenshot_20230930_084659.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your interest in my photos @RedneckBob.😋😃

We call cotton candy Candy Floss.

Most English seaside resorts sell it and Pauline got Candy Floss on Royal Caribbean Harmony of the seas.

Screenshot_20230930_084659.jpg

Looks yummy! Except the name is a bit confusing. Cotton Floss would suggest that besides eating it you floss with it. Approved by all dentist! 😀

• Haha 6

50 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Looks yummy! Except the name is a bit confusing. Cotton Floss would suggest that besides eating it you floss with it. Approved by all dentist! 😀

Candy Floss is the British name Bob.

Screenshot_20230930_131808.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

My wandering AirTag is enjoying Tallinn today on the Rotterdam.  It has been emailing me quite regularly on this cruise, I wonder if it has borrowed a bit of internet from @VMax1700!

That is interesting......Is it because someone is in the room with an iphone and the airtag app?  (I don't know much about iphone ecosystem).

Is it worth knocking on the door of the cabin and demanding a pat down or even a strip search?

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

That is interesting......Is it because someone is in the room with an iphone and the airtag app?  (I don't know much about iphone ecosystem).

Is it worth knocking on the door of the cabin and demanding a pat down or even a strip search?

It tells location whenever anyone is nearby with an apple product is my understanding.

they work great.  I was glad I got mine.

• Like 2