San Pedro Cruise Terminal Pick-up and Drop-Off

Calif Explorer

We will be arriving on a California Coastal Cruise on the Crown Princess in San Pedro on November 1st.   We will be picked up and dropped off during that day by my sister-in-law from Huntington Beach, neither of us have been to San Pedro.

Can you drive directly to the terminal to be picked up (or to be dropped off).  If so, where.   Or do you need to park somewhere first?

Thanks in advance

23 minutes ago, Calif Explorer said:

We will be arriving on a California Coastal Cruise on the Crown Princess in San Pedro on November 1st.   We will be picked up and dropped off during that day by my sister-in-law from Huntington Beach, neither of us have been to San Pedro.

Can you drive directly to the terminal to be picked up (or to be dropped off).  If so, where.   Or do you need to park somewhere first?

Thanks in advance

No need to park to be picked up or dropped off unless being picked up and your ride is there,but you aren’t outside yet,they may ask driver to move on. Signs are pretty good to drop off. Yes, drive right to curb for pick up/ drop off.

World cruise terminal or 100 Swinford Street,, San Pedro for directions.

i have left on many cruises from S.P.

Edited by arizonaperson

The best time for drop off and pick up is between disembarkation and embarkation.  I am usually dropped off around 10 ish.  Traffic is not so crazy.  It's a little more difficult to pick up at berth 93.  They do have a handicap section right near the exit and general pick up is a little further down.  

As mentioned it is fairly easy. What isn't easy is timing. You will not know the accurate time you will be off the ship, through immigration and on the curb. You may want to arrange to have your sister in law wait outside of the parking area and then call her when you are ready. 

• Thanks 2

Every princess cruise we take out of Los Angeles, I drop the luggage off at the luggage checkin area and wait until I give it to a porter, with the car at the curb.

At the end of the cruise, my wife waits with the luggage, and I drive the car in the parking lot to where she is waiting, and we load the car up.

What I would suggest is that your chauffeur/friends wait in the vicinity of the pier, until you are off the ship, through customs/immigration, and that you call them on their cell phone when it is time to come get you. If they want to sit curbside for five minutes or 10 minutes or whatever for you to get there, that will probably be a problem.