No more check in on the website-app only

BND

I checked in online a few weeks ago and all seemed OK but I cannot bring up the set sail pass on my phone or print it out from my PC. Will just go to port with passport and as much info as I can print out and muddle through the process there.

• Like 1

I think there is a date that has yet to be announced for that change. I recently checked in on the website for November cruises and have the “normal” view of my January cruise under “upcoming cruises”. But the one in August has a new section added that states. “Check in opens on the app on July 11, 2024.”  

• Thanks 1

The problem with limiting check-in to using the app, is that, at this time, you cannot check in for a cruise using the app while you are currently on a cruise. You have to go to your browser, go to royalcaribbean.com, sign in, and then go to your cruise list to check in. I have had this happen several times. When I talked to IT, they just said that they would refer the problem, nothing they could do onboard. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, BND said:

It's being reported on another site by several people that anyone checking in for a cruise now has to use the app and can no longer do it on the website.  Doesn't bother me but someone without a smart phone won't be happy.  Anyone checking in today and finding this?

Just checked in yesterday for our November 7 Serenade Cruise on the website.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Just checked in yesterday for our November 7 Serenade Cruise on the website.

As I said, I'm just the messenger for the thread currently on FB.  I do like the app for the passport info as it populates everything automatically so no having to recheck what I typed in.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BND said:

As I said, I'm just the messenger for the thread currently on FB.  I do like the app for the passport info as it populates everything automatically so no having to recheck what I typed in.  

For me it's the opposite. I don't like to have to go get the passport just to check in. I have all that info already to copy/paste in via a browser.

Different strokes for different folks. I just hope they don't take one away because they'll be abandoning a large audience with a portion of that audience not willing or comfortable doing it in the app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

The problem with limiting check-in to using the app, is that, at this time, you cannot check in for a cruise using the app while you are currently on a cruise. You have to go to your browser, go to royalcaribbean.com, sign in, and then go to your cruise list to check in. I have had this happen several times. When I talked to IT, they just said that they would refer the problem, nothing they could do onboard. 

Not trying to be argumentative, but we have done this frequently while on a cruise. Since we always do B2B or longer cruises, and generally have other cruises booked every 30-45 days out, we usually are on a cruise when the next one opens for check in. We just open the app, click on the little person icon on the upper right of the screen, click on select a different cruise, and select the one we are checking in next.

We are boarding Mariner on Saturday and have a cruise that opens for check in on Sunday, and we intend to do that check in from the app as well.

Edited by orville99

7 minutes ago, BND said:

Just providing an answer to your original question...

36 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not trying to be argumentative, but we have done this frequently while on a cruise. Since we always do B2B or longer cruises, and generally have other cruises booked every 30-45 days out, we usually are on a cruise when the next one opens for check in. We just open the app, click on the little person icon on the upper right of the screen, click on select a different cruise, and select the one we are checking in next.

We are boarding Mariner on Saturday and have a cruise that opens for check in on Sunday, and we intend to do that check in from the app as well.

I am glad it worked for you. I have not been able to do app check-in for several cruises, while on a cruise, and it is very weird. It just happened again on September 22 while on Serenade and I was trying to check in for my Nov 6 Liberty cruise. The IT person could not do it for me on my app. But I am glad it worked for you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

100% agree with you

we we’re also unable to use the APP to check in whilst on a cruise and informed IT on the ship

I actually posted about it 

It is a known issue with RC IT

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I am glad it worked for you. I have not been able to do app check-in for several cruises, while on a cruise, and it is very weird. It just happened again on September 22 while on Serenade and I was trying to check in for my Nov 6 Liberty cruise. The IT person could not do it for me on my app. But I am glad it worked for you. 

Their check in function was not working properly no matter where you tried to complete check in.

The app didn’t work and neither did the website.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandebeach said:

It always happens to me until I turn on my VPN and then I can check in for other cruises.  But the VPN also disables some features in the Royal app so as soon as I am done checking in I turn VPN off.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

You just said you did it, then comment it didn’t work in APP or online 

Make your mind up 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, orville99 said:
1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

Their check in function was not working properly no matter where you tried to complete check in.

The app didn’t work and neither did the website.

This ^
which one is it

It works for you or it didn’t work for you 

29 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Keep checking.  Shows should come available any day starting today.  

This. Reservations opened on May 4th for my June 4th Wonder sailing. It’s not always exactly the 1st of the previous month as many say.

7 hours ago, orville99 said:

I cannot check in on the app while on a cruise.

I’m on a ship now.  When I follow your instructions (which are quite and exactly what we all would have tried in the past, lol) as if to edit checkin for each of my upcoming cruises, I receive an error message “check in has checked out.”

Are you using a VPN?

• Like 1