No more check in on the website-app only

BND

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I cannot check in on the app while on a cruise.

I’m on a ship now.  When I follow your instructions (which are quite and exactly what we all would have tried in the past, lol) as if to edit checkin for each of my upcoming cruises, I receive an error message “check in has checked out.”

Are you using a VPN?

Same error message I got when I was also on a ship and tried 

NonVPN for me 

I don’t think they even know if they were on a ship or not from the two conflicting responses 🤪

Edited by PompeySailor

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

You can’t print from a phone

This isn't true... I regularly print from my phone. However, I understand that many people are not familiar with how to set things up so that this is easily done. It is especially easy with an iPhone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sandebeach said:

The problem with limiting check-in to using the app, is that, at this time, you cannot check in for a cruise using the app while you are currently on a cruise. You have to go to your browser, go to royalcaribbean.com, sign in, and then go to your cruise list to check in. I have had this happen several times. When I talked to IT, they just said that they would refer the problem, nothing they could do onboard. 

I am pretty sure I checked in on the app for an upcoming cruise from the Oasis a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

This isn't true... I regularly print from my phone. However, I understand that many people are not familiar with how to set things up so that this is easily done. It is especially easy with an iPhone.

Okay, tech savvy people.  I stand corrected.  I do have a WiFi printer but it’s touchy and for some reason doesn’t work reliably.  I sometimes print from my iPad.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

They need to change the app so you can upload a photo vs taking a new one every time.

I've tried uploading an "acceptable" photo several times. I've even tried using one that I used to renew my passport. Nothing has worked. When I got to the port, I was told my picture was not acceptable so they took a new one. Now I don't even bother trying to upload a picture. I just have them take it at the pier. It literally only takes a few seconds.

• Like 3

On 10/1/2023 at 6:08 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

I've tried uploading an "acceptable" photo several times. I've even tried using one that I used to renew my passport. Nothing has worked. When I got to the port, I was told my picture was not acceptable so they took a new one. Now I don't even bother trying to upload a picture. I just have them take it at the pier. It literally only takes a few seconds.

Ditto... I gave up.  My picture has always had to be retaken so I don't bother anymore. It takes all of 7 seconds for them to take one they are happy with.  

26 minutes ago, allie3490 said:

If someone doesn't have a smartphone they need to transport themselves to 2023. This is the way  society functions today. 

I have a smart phone and have no issues functioning without it on a daily basis. If you can't, bummer for you. 🙃

• Like 1

For those who are uncertain whether this is really happening, I was unable to check-in on the website yesterday.  I had the following screen:

image.png.fdd83191f78b66fafef3aa4c078eaf76.png

There seemed to be no way to reach the website check-in function.

I used the Android phone app to check-in.  It went quickly and there were no real problems with it.  

I am expecting luggage tags to eventually come with the usual "View and print your documents" function that still appears on the website page.  

Couple of suggestions....

I took a selfie shot of myself using the phone app, but my DW was not immediately available.  I did not want to wait while the early check-ins were grabbed up, so I brought up a good face shot jpeg of her on my desktop (I have used this same photo before when you could just upload to the website for check-in) and took a photo of the desktop image with my phone using the app.  It seemed to work fine.  

I am old-fashioned enough to want a physical piece of paper available when checking in (please wait for me, my phone just died).  While I can print from my phone, the Android print formatting options are quite limited.  I just did an Android save-screen function to produce jpegs of our SetSail Passes, then transferred the jpegs to my desktop.  I put them side-by-side into a simple MSWord landscape page, sized them optimally and printed them out.  

/Greg

• Like 1