Rookie mistake with check in info

cooncat_mom

Well, I was tired when I checked in online for our upcoming Carnival Cruise and entered our passport info using first names only - leaving out our middle names (which are on the passports). I tried to go in to edit it, but it won’t let me edit our names. Do I need to work to get this fixed or will they just glance at the passport and not care? The rest of the passport info is correct.

If you have flights booked through the cruise line, it may affect that. We used the NCL BOGO flights, and they specifically asked for our full names. And they gave them to Air Canada our outgoing flights that got us to London, but for some reason did not give them to Iceland Air for our return flight from Reykjavik. We were not able to use the airline kiosk to check in because they were missing our middle names. That is what was pointed out to us when it did not work, my DW's missing middle name. (Actually, it accepted mine without the middle name, and the airline person had no idea why that worked for me.)

34 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

When the check-in agent scans your passport, the missing name will be automatically filled into the system.  It's always better to complete the online check-in - the more accurate and complete, the more streamlined your embarkation will be.

@Ferry_Watcher, how many different cruise lines do you do the check in for?

When we sailed out of Alaska in 2010, was that before your employment as a cruise line check in person?

Middle name is not needed for cruises. I book cruises all the time with just my first and last name. When i do check in, i only use my first and last name. i never use my middle name

my passport has my full middle last name. never had any issues in the 10 years ive been cruising

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

@Ferry_Watcher, how many different cruise lines do you do the check in for?

When we sailed out of Alaska in 2010, was that before your employment as a cruise line check in person?

I have done check-in for all cruise lines using Pier 91 except Princess, and basically it was due to the fact that both Princess and HAL would be embarking passengers at Pier 91 the same time, and I was assigned to HAL.  The lines I have done check-in for are HAL, Carnival, Celebrity and Royal. Celebrity and Royal use the same check-in system and it is a dream to work with - so it's my favorite to use. I mostly handle foreign passports requiring Canadian visas, unusual forms of travel documents (US Birth Abroad, Tribal Cards, some US Permanent Resident Card holders, etc) and try solve general problems before it has to go to a Pier Coordinator or supervisor.  I started after 2010.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I have done check-in for all cruise lines using Pier 91 except Princess, and basically it was due to the fact that both Princess and HAL would be embarking passengers at Pier 91 the same time, and I was assigned to HAL.  The lines I have done check-in for are HAL, Carnival, Celebrity and Royal. Celebrity and Royal use the same check-in system and it is a dream to work with - so it's my favorite to use. I mostly handle foreign passports requiring Canadian visas, unusual forms of travel documents (US Birth Abroad, Tribal Cards, some US Permanent Resident Card holders, etc) and try solve general problems before it has to go to a Pier Coordinator or supervisor.  I started after 2010.

Thanks, and even if you were there in 2010, we would not have met you as we sailed on Princess.

• Like 1