8 emails from Princess--Changing my Dining venue....to itself....

dreaminofcruisin

I have a cruise upcoming soon.

This morning, I got 8 emails from Princess. Each one was for a different date. The text indicated they were changing my dining venue, but the From: and To: dining venues are the same. The cruise is a B2B each being 7 days. The 8 dates are scattered between the 2 cruises. Quite odd.

I appreciate Princess informing me....but it doesn't appear anything changed. Last year on the Ruby which was only 50% booked, they closed one dining room. Of course, it was the one in which I had booked all my dinners. They didn't send any emails and I didn't notice until I got on the ship. I then scrambled to set up new reservations as they changed all my Private tables to Shared.

Since I have no idea what they are up to this time.....I'll just remember to check as soon as I board to be sure it appears everything stays intact.

Just a heads up to always check your reservations as soon as you board because I can't figure out what Princess is up to this time....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve got a 12 day cruise in a couple of weeks and also received a bunch of random date emails with the same message you have had. Nothing has changed from my bookings on the app. Had the same earlier this year on another cruise too. Probably some sort of glitch.

I got 16 emails the day before our holiday, one for each night of our Island Princess cruise in August. All like yours, no difference in From and To. I wonder if they had simply allocated our table number and it was essentially automatically triggering emails. No issues onboard whatsoever.

We just got off the CB last week.  The week before we embarked I received a number of emails that said they "had to change our dining reservation due to a conflict".  NOTHING changed!  Same restaurant, same time, same private table status.

• Like 3

They're *trying* to be proactive with giving guests a heads up that their dining reservations have changed.  

In the last 1.5 years of cruising, our dining reservations have been changed each and every time. 

This is what Princess shore side is doing, providing what they think is a solution.  It's just a sad band-aid without fixing the issue.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We just got off the CB last week.  The week before we embarked I received a number of emails that said they "had to change our dining reservation due to a conflict".  NOTHING changed!  Same restaurant, same time, same private table status.

They did the same thing to us on Sapphire last month.  4 out of 7 nights were switched from 6 to 6 and from Savoy to Savoy.  Apparently there is a portal to another parallel, identical universe at the entrance to the MDR.  Everything was exactly the same.  It was eerie.  I’m sure most people don’t notice it. 

• Haha 6

DH was on several B2B cruises last winter when I (at home) started getting emails regarding his dining reservation being changed for that night. And I received them night after night. But he had been on the ship and had the same table and time for several cruises by the time this started. I finally pestered him enough to ask a Restaurant Manager about them. He was clueless, had no idea emails were sent out like that. It changed nothing for him on board. 

We also always (!) receive an email that our medallion order has been cancelled at our request. And then it arrives as planned a week or two later. 

Even when something is working as it’s supposed to, Princess IT manages to screw it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

These emails are almost certainly simply a notification being sent out after someone in their department has touched the reservation - actually assigning tables, sections, or planning for special requests, etc. They may be clicking save vs canc for example which then triggers a notification that the reservation may have something changed within it... 

2 hours ago, jdellachiesa said:

These emails are almost certainly simply a notification being sent out after someone in their department has touched the reservation - actually assigning tables, sections, or planning for special requests, etc. They may be clicking save vs canc for example which then triggers a notification that the reservation may have something changed within it... 

I understand how it could happen, but why.  Change the programming to stop this useless information being sent.

• Thanks 1