Baltimore cruise ships

cruiseaholic777

Go to www.cruisetimetables.com and click on ‘cruises from’ and choose Baltimore.  It will tell you who is sailing and when, as long as the schedules are out.  And since you are asking about NCL, you might check into the board here for NCL.  EM

On 10/4/2023 at 5:19 AM, shipgeeks said:

RC and Carnival are the primary, year-round Baltimore lines.

NCL is doing a few cruises in November, December, and next September.

ACL has a few throughout the year.

The parking lots only accommodate RC and Carnival pax.

Are you SERIOUSLY claiming that passengers boarding NCL cruise are not permitted to park at the Baltimore cruise port?

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Are you SERIOUSLY claiming that passengers boarding NCL cruise are not permitted to park at the Baltimore cruise port?

That would surprise me as well as there is only one cruise terminal that serves Baltimore which, to my knowledge, serves both RCCL and Carnival, and now NCL with their itineraries from there.  There are two parking lots - one on each side of the terminal - that serve that port.  I can't imagine that NCL would not be served by them as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

The two parking lots are always full.  I read that NCL cars would be parked elsewhere, with shuttles taking pax to the terminal.

Not challenging you directly but would have to question the accuracy of that information as in our experience sailing out of Baltimore, only one cruise ship has been using the terminal at a time with the lines servicing that port on a rotating schedule. 

I'm pretty sure only one ship can be handled on a daily basis there.  The onsite parking would be utilized by each cruise line in rotation in this manner.  Attached is a link to the current ship schedule for Baltimore which confirms this rotating schedule with only one ship in port at a time.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/baltimore-port-33?month=2023-10#schedule

To maintain objectivity in this, I would be interested in seeing published information contradicting this to confirm if my information is correct or not.

• Like 1

I was just reporting what I read here on cc a couple of months(?) ago.

The two current, separate parking lots are used by Carnival on one side and RC on the other; always the same for each.  There was some speculation that an area beyond the large warehouse building adjacent to the port area could provide parking.

ACL has been sailing from Baltimore for some time (occasional, not regular, cruises).  Much smaller ships, but perhaps someone who has done those can report what their arrangements were.

We have done cruises elsewhere in which we had to park at a distant area, and use a shuttle to take us to the terminal.

10 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I was just reporting what I read here on cc a couple of months(?) ago.

The two current, separate parking lots are used by Carnival on one side and RC on the other; always the same for each.  There was some speculation that an area beyond the large warehouse building adjacent to the port area could provide parking.

ACL has been sailing from Baltimore for some time (occasional, not regular, cruises).  Much smaller ships, but perhaps someone who has done those can report what their arrangements were.

We have done cruises elsewhere in which we had to park at a distant area, and use a shuttle to take us to the terminal.

You are correct that there is an overflow lot near the terminal that utilizes shuttles, but in our experience the on site parking handled everyone.  But we have never seen two ships at a time there and don't think the terminal is set up to handle more than that, which would mean the parking would be dedicated to the ship in port at the time.

But you can't always trust the information on CC....LOL.

On 10/6/2023 at 10:56 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

You are correct that there is an overflow lot near the terminal that utilizes shuttles, but in our experience the on site parking handled everyone.  But we have never seen two ships at a time there and don't think the terminal is set up to handle more than that, which would mean the parking would be dedicated to the ship in port at the time.

But you can't always trust the information on CC....LOL.

Having sailed from Baltimore at least a dozen times, I can tell you that it can only handle one ship at a time.  As for parking, one lot is used by Carnival and one lot is used by Royal and both are always full.  There is no way they have enough room for cars from other ships in those lots.  They have to have some other set up for any other cruise that originates there.   On any one day, there might be 50 empty spots between the two lots so they can't handle another ship's worth.  

1 hour ago, BND said:

Having sailed from Baltimore at least a dozen times, I can tell you that it can only handle one ship at a time.  As for parking, one lot is used by Carnival and one lot is used by Royal and both are always full.  There is no way they have enough room for cars from other ships in those lots.  They have to have some other set up for any other cruise that originates there.   On any one day, there might be 50 empty spots between the two lots so they can't handle another ship's worth.  

I guess what I wasn't considering is that even with only one ship per day, back to back ship days would fill both sides of the lot.  A successive third ship day prior would be difficult with parking.  Thanks for helping me realize that - guess I needed a second cup of coffee LOL.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

Are you saying that those 50 spots would go unused?

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Are you saying that those 50 spots would go unused?

I'm saying AT MOST there are 50 between the two and usually a lot less.  I've seen both lots completely full several times.  Does that help?

What I want to do is hear from any NCL cruiser who has been on the last few weeks and drove and parked at Baltimore.  

9 hours ago, BND said:

I'm saying AT MOST there are 50 between the two and usually a lot less.  I've seen both lots completely full several times.  Does that help?

What I want to do is hear from any NCL cruiser who has been on the last few weeks and drove and parked at Baltimore.  

That would put the matter to rest.  I am reluctant to believe that NCL cruisers are not allowed to park at the Baltimore cruise terminal. (p.s. The two times I sailed from Baltimore - on Royal Caribbean - I believe I saw a lot of empty spaces in the parking lot both coming and going both times.)