The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday October 4th, 2023

richwmn

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

OK, you keep this up and I will not be impressed anymore, well maybe not! 😀

Hi Bob.

I posted the photo on 3 Daily forums ie:- HAL,P&O and RCL because it was what we did today.

Today's Port Villefranche-sur-mer is a tender port for Monaco and Nice.

We have been several times and visited Monaco and Nice as well as spending several hours in the pretty port itself a few days.

This was me on the tender to Villefranche from RCL Freedom of the seas.

IMG_20170606_105825.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

An update from Susan on Scott.  He's still on the ventilator and slowly being weaned off drugs.  He is awake, mostly alert and moves all limbs.  According to cardiac cath. he has no need for stents or bypass but has an electrical issue.  She's hoping once he's off the ventilator he can get an EP (Electrophysiology study).  It might show the need for a pacemaker, ablation, or ??  Prayers are appreciated!!  She also said Viking refunded almost $20,000 (except $250) for her cruise she just paid for, and Allianz refunded the $2700 insurance they bought just before final payment.  Amazing and very grateful for their compassion for them.

Annie @marshhawk even though it's a Wednesday it is still National Taco Day, all day long.  I hope you and Chuck get to stop for tacos later.

Terry @smitty34877 so happy to hear the aide is doing a good job, sorry to hear about Tana's increased coughing though.  Nice to have family coming though.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Tina @0106, I'm so sorry to hear your flight is cancelled!   You have the right number for Flight Ease so I'd remain there.  But I'd look at some options on a flight website like Google flights or matrix.itasoftware.com.  Tonight at JFK there is a flight on Aer Lingus at 9:05 pm, Singapore Airlines at 8:55 pm, United at 9:50 pm, etc.  

@0106

Tina

my google flights search shows a Jet Blue nonstop at 7:50

a Swiss Air 1 stop at 8:55

an Iceland Air 1 stop at 8:25

The prices are in the thousands, but Flight Ease might save you some $.

I am disheartened to read that Delta did this at the last minute. They changed lots of flights by a few minutes, but canceling at the last minute - bummer. 

Good luck!

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

An update from Susan on Scott.  He's still on the ventilator and slowly being weaned off drugs.  He is awake, mostly alert and moves all limbs.  According to cardiac cath. he has no need for stents or bypass but has an electrical issue.  She's hoping once he's off the ventilator he can get an EP (Electrophysiology study).  It might show the need for a pacemaker, ablation, or ??  Prayers are appreciated!!  She also said Viking refunded almost $20,000 (except $250) for her cruise she just paid for, and Allianz refunded the $2700 insurance they bought just before final payment.  Amazing and very grateful for their compassion for them.

Annie @marshhawk even though it's a Wednesday it is still National Taco Day, all day long.  I hope you and Chuck get to stop for tacos later.

Terry @smitty34877 so happy to hear the aide is doing a good job, sorry to hear about Tana's increased coughing though.  Nice to have family coming though.

Our prayers 🙏 sent for Scott and Susan.

I said Prayers for our care list in church today.

After the service we all had refreshments and chatted to Father David.

Pauline writes the names in the church memorial book and had 5 to write in today.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

@richwmn You forgot National Taco Day....I can't believe its NOT on a Tuesday!  

@Cruzin Terri Very Happy Anniversary to you

@JazzyV Happy Birthday to you.  My daughter reminded me that my granddaughter, Kenzie is 7 months old today!  Glad we grown-ups don't celebrate MONTHLY birthday Milestone!  LOL

I'm in NYC today.  A bit foggy this AM coming in, but it looks like it will be a beautiful day here.  

No ill effects from my Flu and Covid Vaccine shots yesterday.

Have a great day all!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

After 2 hours on the phone with HAL/FlightEase, we have been rebooked.  Thank you for talking me down off the ledge @summer slope @StLouisCruisers @cruising sister @puppycanducruise @ottahand7 @Denise T @marshhawk @dfish and everyone else who sent me positive thoughts.    The Delta flight to Boston (instead of JFK)  leaves from BWI 2 hours earlier.  We have a direct flight from Boston to Amsterdam, most importantly, premium seats were still available for the international flight.  

You probably won't see me on the Daily for the next 3 weeks, I will be posting on Jacqui's LIVE thread.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Animals deserve their day; not a golfer but glad it has a day for those who do; my coffee has to be hot hot hot so no frappe for me, but I will celebrate for those who enjoy it.

Cannot say I agree w/Mr Poe.

Would try the soup and wine; not been to the port.

The days are significant, indeed.

79° headed to 93° - looking forward to cooler temps.

Surgeon evaluates shoulder this afternoon then PT after w/Chiro. I will have Chiro work on hip again to see if she can get more feeling in my still-numb foot. URI seems to be hanging on - hopefully coughing will take a break long enough for Surgeon's visit.

DH is headed to stress test; sure hope he gets results of last weeks echo while he's there. And that Cardio says no new stents needed. Sounds so minor compared to what many on here are going through, so apologies for mentioning, but all of it at once doesn't feel minor. Thanks for letting me lighten the load.

DH says Sun (his only day off) would be a good day to get jabbed, so I'll see where I can arrange those in 1 trip; would like to get them done at least 2 weeks before we cruise and time is ticking...

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

Screenshot_20231004-082421_Weather.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 25

Thanks for all the warm  welcomes!

Best wishes and strength to all those on the care list. I've already seen through reading posts that the HAL board has a lot of kind and helpful people.

We live in central Florida and we're looking forward to cooler evenings this week. It's a relief after a historically hot summer. (But I consider myself lucky compared to some of the terrible weather events that have being happening around the globe this year.) 

I'm making tacos tonight and I didn't even know it was a taco holiday! Now I look like a culinary genius😁

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

@Smmessineo from one newbie to another… welcome!   It is fun, and highly addictive reading.   

will need to find a GF option for the meal.

Definite NO to gin

as always, wine a Yes.

Not sure about the quote.

was on a Viking cruise in 2012, ship docked in Monaco, spent a day in Nice and surrounding seaside towns.  Best memory was the flower/ spice market and tasting the so-called, the chickpea flour pancake treats at the market.

Welcome from me in the UK.

Graham.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Animals deserve their day; not a golfer but glad it has a day for those who do; my coffee has to be hot hot hot so no frappe for me, but I will celebrate for those who enjoy it.

Cannot say I agree w/Mr Poe.

Would try the soup and wine; not been to the port.

The days are significant, indeed.

79° headed to 93° - looking forward to cooler temps.

Surgeon evaluates shoulder this afternoon then PT after w/Chiro. I will have Chiro work on hip again to see if she can get more feeling in my still-numb foot. URI seems to be hanging on - hopefully coughing will take a break long enough for Surgeon's visit.

DH is headed to stress test; sure hope he gets results of last weeks echo while he's there. And that Cardio says no new stents needed. Sounds so minor compared to what many on here are going through, so apologies for mentioning, but all of it at once doesn't feel minor. Thanks for letting me lighten the load.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

Screenshot_20231004-082421_Weather.jpg

Hoping for good news for your DH's stress test today.  And that your surgeon, PT and chiropractor visits go well.  Sorry to hear the URI is still hanging on.  When it rains it pours, doesn't it?

10 minutes ago, 0106 said:

After 2 hours on the phone with HAL/FlightEase, we have been rebooked.  Thank you for talking me down off the ledge @summer slope @StLouisCruisers @cruising sister @puppycanducruise @ottahand7 @Denise T @marshhawk @dfish and everyone else who sent me positive thoughts.    The Delta flight to Boston (instead of JFK)  leaves from BWI 2 hours earlier.  We have a direct flight from Boston to Amsterdam, most importantly, premium seats were still available for the international flight.  

You probably won't see me on the Daily for the next 3 weeks, I will be posting on Jacqui's LIVE thread.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising!

What a big relief you have new flights and still get your premium seats.  Hoping everything goes smoothly and you have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

Help! I just received notification that my Delta (actually KLM) flight from JFK to Amsterdam has been cancelled.  I booked through Flight ease and use a PCC.  I am currently on hold with HAL 1800-628-4771, they say they are checking other flights.  What else should I be doing?

Sooo happy to read you have been able to secure new flights ✈️ 🙌 Here's wishing you safe travels and no more drama - just fun times.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We don't golf, but have friends who spend many hours on the links, have never had a frappe (are they like milkshakes?), and every day should be world animal day!

Good grief, when I opened this thread, it was already on page 3!  I felt like I'd slept in past noon with all the posts.  First of all @0106 my heart dropped when I read your post as it brought me back to our fiasco in October last year when I went to check in for our flights to Barcelona and discovered they were gone.  I am so happy you were able to get replacement flights and that your preferred seating was still available - hopefully that will be the last of the issues for you and once you're onboard the BHB, you can totally relax.

@Smmessineo and @AroundWithMAPTravels welcome to the Daily; probably one of the most positive places in all of CC world.

@JazzyV wishing you a very Happy Birthday and many more healthy returns of the day!

@Cruzin Terri wishing you and your DH a Happy 42nd; let the love and laughter continue!

It's a cool, cloudy day out there for us at only 5C (41F), and it's looking we'll be getting more rain in a couple of hours.  Rain isn't bad because at this time of the year, the soil really needs it to help with next spring's seeding.  About 95% of the province's crops have been harvested, and the ones remaining won't be bothered by the rain, so it's all good. 

I'd like the drink of the day, as it's a gin & tonic with the addition of some soda water, and know I'd like the wine - a nice Rioja.  It seems I was one day ahead when I thought yesterday was Taco Day - we ended up ordering a few tacos and mexi fries and when the bill came, I was a little surprised to see they weren't 99 cents as I'd thought.  No worries, we enjoyed them anyway.  We have some buns left from the last batch, so we'll be having some roast beef sandwiches and vegetable soup at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Tina, remember to breathe!  Glad to hear alternatives are available. I hope it doesn’t cost you more money, I thought that’s the advantage of using Flight Ease but I’ve never used it so I don’t know much. 

Terry, hoping you to can take a deep breath and relax a bit with Tana’s new aide.  Yay!  

We made leaps of progress on our fast-track move yesterday!  Trust docs are signed!  Finally!  The lawyer did a beautiful job. (And the extra time this summer was really better for us to mature our thinking.) I am very pleased with this restatement, it’s come a long way since it’s inception in 1998!  This is very much simplified!  And we signed new wills too. It’s all done!  All will be scanned and sent to the new retirement community in NJ today!  That will complete our financial information file and resident profiles. Our approval is pending. 

We have a realtor coming Sunday, another working on scheduling us. The move planner will call us today and we have a meeting set for next week. She said in her email that our timing for late Nov/early Dec will work!  

Niece and her SO are coming from Seattle to visit for a week Oct 31- Nov 7! wow. But I’m taking a deep breath and envisioning it will all be good!  They will spend most of their time seeing the sights in DC and Baltimore. I hope. 

Onward!  Blessings to all in need of healing (Scott, Murphy, Steve, Vanessa, Chuck, Joy… All!), comfort (Tina, Terry, Karen, Marcia, All!), or hope.. All of us!  One day at a time is Everything!

Cheers to all celebrating 🥂. Life is Good!  Have a grand time Terri and Jim!  And Vanessa, enjoy your special day!  Thanks for all you do to bind us together with your lists!  

Safe travels to all away. Tina let us know how it goes. Jacquie, hoping you’re there ok!  Roy, hoping the weather improves, the food looks great!  

I think it’ll be turkey burgers again tonight, and many night to come…. for now! 🌈

Maureen 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Good Wednesday morning everyone!

It is a blustery, classic Fall day here; ~65F. I took the trash out this morning and almost blew away, that would not have been pretty. I probably have trash all over the street, I haven't been out to look recently.

Happy happy birthday @JazzyV, Vanessa! Hope you have a fun day today and many more birthdays too! 

Happy Anniversary @Cruzin Terri and DH! May you have many more; enjoy your day.

@0106 so glad you have your flight re-booked, because, oh my gosh isn't that just a horrible thing that the airline did to you!! It is a cruise traveler's nightmare to have to deal flight stuff. Safe travels...

Welcome to newbies @AroundWithMAPTravels and @Smmessineo!!

My thanks to all the contributors and prayers for us all. Celebrate your joys.

Take good care,

Caron

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

The Delta flight to Boston (instead of JFK)  leaves from BWI 2 hours earlier.  We have a direct flight from Boston to Amsterdam, most importantly, premium seats were still available for the international flight.  

I was just about to post that Delta would want to keep you on Skyteam--and you would want that, too, because they could just refund the money instead of booking you on an airline of another alliance. In addition to Boston, there are flights to Amsterdam from Detroit, Minneapolis, and Atlanta, plus Air France routings via Paris. Those would be less convenient. Congrats on keeping the premium seats.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1