Icon 2 named STAR of the SEAS

7 hours ago, Fairsky84 said:

And, finally, the three Icon-class ships seem to be focused on the theme of fame:
Icon
Star
Legend (?)

I agree with you.

But had to highlight the Icon class, because when I told my wife that Icon 2 was named 'Star', she immediately replied that Icon 3 should then be 'Legend'.then

19 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I wonder where it will sail from Summer 2025? Perhaps a summer in the Med, then come over to USA but what will be homeport?

Would have to be Miami/Fort Lauderdale it couldn't be NYC would never fit under the Verrazzano Narrows bridge and it couldn't operate tender boarding or disembarking it is too far to the Brooklyn Cruise terminal.

33 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Would have to be Miami/Fort Lauderdale it couldn't be NYC would never fit under the Verrazzano Narrows bridge and it couldn't operate tender boarding or disembarking it is too far to the Brooklyn Cruise terminal.

to get to the brooklyn cruise terminal, the ship still has to sail under the bridge

cape liberty is royal main terminal that's where the ships will always go. its rare to see a royal ship at brooklyn or manhattan terminal

Edited by shof515

17 hours ago, Fairsky84 said:

And, finally, the three Icon-class ships seem to be focused on the theme of fame:
Icon
Star

Swift(?)

There, fixed for ya!

Of course, that is an attempt at humor.  I'm no fan!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, shof515 said:

to get to the brooklyn cruise terminal, the ship still has to sail under the bridge

cape liberty is royal main terminal that's where the ships will always go. its rare to see a royal ship at brooklyn or manhattan terminal

53 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Any ship going to either Bayonne, Manhattan or Brooklyn has to go under the bridge.  So there is no problem docking anywhere because of it.  Royal has their reasons why they dock where they dock.

29 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I know that and my point is there is no way to operate any ship larger than Anthem with tenders from beyond the bridge. It is too far to the Brooklyn Terminal. So without NYC isn't most of the east coast out of the running apart from Miami and FL.

This the problem they are going to have moving forward 1 large ship might have to be in europe full time?

13 minutes ago, Badatz2 said:

Any ship going to either Bayonne, Manhattan or Brooklyn has to go under the bridge.  So there is no problem docking anywhere because of it.  Royal has their reasons why they dock where they dock.

The Icon, Wonder, and Star and probably Harmony won't fit under the bridge they are too big for any of those 3 ports?

Edited by ace2542

54 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

The Icon, Wonder, and Star and probably Harmony won't fit under the bridge they are too big for any of those 3 ports?

The only O class ships serving the NYC area are the Oasis and Symphony both going to Bayonne, and they do fit under the bridge so need for tenders etc.  I have no idea about newer builds.  Maybe someone else has that information.

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Icon coming from the Meyer Turku shipyard has to fit under the Great Belt Bridge in Denmark just like Oasis and Allure did. That bridge seem to have a couple meters lower clearance than Verrazano Narrows.

Those ships and the Q class have retractable funnels to allow passage, I assume Icon will as well?

Edited by GimmeOcean
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GimmeOcean said:

Those ships and the Q class have retractable funnels to allow passage, I assume Icon will as well?

Yes, Icon does have retractable funnels. Check out some of the photos from the thread, Icon OTS Blocks are in the House.

Dont like Star of the seas sorry to say.

Daughter suggested mystery of the seas ....as its a mystery on what your going to experience, good and bad....

Prices

Entertainment

2x room service

Quality of the food

Graturites

Other passengers

Cost of packages, drinks, food, private island.....

Etc 🤣