Cooking class

tigger54

We will be on the Mardi Gras in April and I heard that we can do a cooking class. I couldn’t find any information on their website. Can anyone give me any information such as price and how to reserve it. Is the menu always the same or does it change out.

Thank you for any information and advise.

We are on MG in December and the sign up for the cooking classes (under specialty dinning) has been available for at least 6 months prior to sailing date (and possibly more as I just happen to notice them listed at 6 months out).  

• Thanks 1

I did one on Mardi Gras and I’m scheduled to do another on Celebration next month.  They’re usually listed on speciality dining.  Keep checking back because they do fill up.  My class for the end of November is already sold out.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tigger54 said:

Mardi Gras in April and I heard that we can do a cooking class. I couldn’t find any information on their website. Can anyone give me any information such as price and how to reserve it.

4 hours ago, tigger54 said:

I did check under specialty restaurants and there was nothing there. I will check closer to the cruise.

Hi @tigger54🙂

I see the members already provided you with some solid information. I thought I'd just add to it a lil bit, in regards to pricing & additional info.

The below info is located at: (Click Here)

I realize that you may or may not be able to add to your cart yet, I'm not certain. But click on that Carnival link anyway; up there where I put a 'click here'... or below where I'll put it again, lol

You should still be able to view what I put below and also, you should still be able to then click on each one for details. Below are just screenshots, so be sure to click on the (Click Here)

Screenshot-20231005-193433-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20231005-193442-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20231005-193502-Chrome.jpg

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, tigger54 said:

Thank you. These are not listed yet for our cruise but we will keep an eye out for it.

We did the pasta class's on the Celebration this past month. It was excellent and we had a Great time. Only disappointment was wife wanted a Carnival Kitchen apron and they don't sell them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 10:56 PM, Susan in Maine said:

Are these available on shorter cruises? We are on the Freedom November 11, and I'm not seeing anything!

I believe they are only available on a handful of ships.  A Google search would tell you which.

Are these available on shorter cruises? We are on the Freedom November 11, and I'm not seeing anything!

48 minutes ago, RCmommy said:

I believe they are only available on a handful of ships.  A Google search would tell you which.

Hi @Susan in Maine & @RCmommy🙂

Avaliable on the ships below. 

20231017-115916.jpg

💃🍹💃

At this time they’re only available on Panorama, Mardi Gras and Celebration.  It will also be available on Jubilee, I think.

I hope you find them.  I took two and wish I would have taken more.  One was a pasta one where we made noodles and a pasta meal and one was an apple pie.  they baked the pie and brought it to the dining room where we had it for dessert.  It was fun.

On 10/6/2023 at 10:21 AM, phoneman69 said:

We did the pasta class's on the Celebration this past month. It was excellent and we had a Great time. Only disappointment was wife wanted a Carnival Kitchen apron and they don't sell them.

Another vote for the pasta class... we took it on MG in Jan. Was excellent and they give you the recipes. Also took the cupcake class... I wouldn't recommend it.

• Like 1

we were very interested in the SUSHI class, my daughter would have LOVED it...we booked in June on the Mardi Gras for N0v 18-25 of the year.  I checked a couple days after I booked and the Sushi class was already sold out...that's silly.  I've checked a few times a week since and it remains "sold out".   

17 minutes ago, rizkeeper said:

we were very interested in the SUSHI class, my daughter would have LOVED it...we booked in June on the Mardi Gras for N0v 18-25 of the year.  I checked a couple days after I booked and the Sushi class was already sold out...that's silly.  I've checked a few times a week since and it remains "sold out".   

So then yours opened 5 months early, thanks!

On 10/17/2023 at 11:20 AM, RCmommy said:

I just signed up for the cake class yesterday for our Panorama sailing at the end of January.  Other classes were available but the smoke master/pit boss class was sold out. 

I've done several of the classes via the carnival kitchen on the Mardi Gras and Celebration.  The Cake Workshop is the only class where I left feeling like I made a mistake doing it.  It was not nearly enough to justify the price IMO.  If I knew what it would be like I would not have done it.  All of the other classes I have done have been top notch though. I hope you like the class more than I did. 

1 hour ago, jvteach77 said:

I've done several of the classes via the carnival kitchen on the Mardi Gras and Celebration.  The Cake Workshop is the only class where I left feeling like I made a mistake doing it.  It was not nearly enough to justify the price IMO.  If I knew what it would be like I would not have done it.  All of the other classes I have done have been top notch though. I hope you like the class more than I did. 

Ah man. That stinks.  I had hoped to learn about cake decorating and fondant flowers like it mentions.  

What left you feeling underwhelmed? Do you actually get to taste the cake you make/decorate?  If it it the type of stuff I could just learn from YouTube I would rather spend my money on another class.

5 hours ago, rizkeeper said:

Be sure to keep checking and also check onboard. People do cancel!