Nachi Cocum questions

serene56

Taxi.   How much is it and are taxi available for return? Or do we schedule the pick up?

tipping -  we are not big drinkers so will not be running the bar staff crazy.   What do we tip him?   

we will probably eat at the dining place. Instead of our seats.   I am sure we tip there also 

can we request seats in the beach close to the pool?   I don’t see me going in the ocean- I’d never be able to get back out 

thanks for your help

1.  Taxi there and back should be about $18+ each way, depending upon what pier you are at - check the taxi fare board posted near the cab line for your pier.  If no cabs are waiting when you are ready to leave they will call one - we have never waited more than 5 minutes.

2.  We typically tip about 20% of the admission cost - the waiters will split it up according to their system.  Tip once at the end.

3.  When you check in and get your wrist bands tell them where you want to sit - easy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2023 at 8:35 AM, serene56 said:

Taxi.   How much is it and are taxi available for return? Or do we schedule the pick up?

tipping -  we are not big drinkers so will not be running the bar staff crazy.   What do we tip him?   

we will probably eat at the dining place. Instead of our seats.   I am sure we tip there also 

can we request seats in the beach close to the pool?   I don’t see me going in the ocean- I’d never be able to get back out 

thanks for your help

Taxi - Las year it was still $17 from Puerto Maya (Carnival Pier)

When you are ready to leave just let your waiter or one of the staff in the restaurant area know and they'll make sure to call a cab for you.

Tipping - We tip based on how much we use our waiter each time.

We spend alot of time in the pool, so we usually tip the bartender at the swim up bar more than our waiter, since we use his services more.

(we usually eat in the restaurant too, rather than at a poolside table or palapa on the beach)

Seating -  You can ask for any available seat there, but its first come first served, and they usually seat the earliest arrivers at the first palapa (closest to the pool and restaurant) and then move down the beach in order unless asked for a specific palapa.

If you arrive early you'll have no problem getting a palapa close to the pool. (our last few trips to Nachi, we spend so much time in the pool, we just get loungers poolside with a view of the beach.) If your ship arrives late or you do other activities before Nachi, then you'll just have to take the closest they have left and move closer after the early arrivers start to leave. (Usually decently early when people head back to the pier to shop before reboarding.)

Hope that answers a bit of your questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

58 minutes ago, bguppies said:

Hope that answers a bit of your questions.

It helped a great deal.  Thank you for taking the time.   We are in port with 6 ships and 4 are arriving at 7am.   We willl head here for the opening 

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

It helped a great deal.  Thank you for taking the time.   We are in port with 6 ships and 4 are arriving at 7am.   We willl head here for the opening 

Keep in mind Nachi opens 8.30am local time (Cozumel EST year round) which may/may not be the same as your ship or the others.

We never go that early but if it is similar to Del Mar (affiliated club) food will not be available immediately which may factor into whether you have breakfast or not.

3 hours ago, serene56 said:

We use US dollars.  Small bills.  1s and 5s 

Thats what we do too.

Usually the pool bartender and our waiter and if our waiter doesn't serve us in the restaurant area, we tip our server there too. (but usually our waiter handles it too)

4 hours ago, serene56 said:

We have gotten there 15-30 minutes early a couple of times and they would let us in to claim our spot and get set up. (once I had to run back up to the front to pay our balance and get the wristbands for us)

They'll be busy with finishing the morning set up, so it'll take a few minutes to take your first order and may take the person at the entrance a minute to take your balance and get your wristband.

But if its feasible, and if you really want one of the first few palapas, don't be shy, just super nice and hopefully they let you in a few minutes early to get your spot.

Like C-Leg5 said, they won't be serving food too early. (I think they come around a little while after getting opened and let you know when they start taking lunch orders.)

Edited by bguppies

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 10:17 AM, canadarocks said:

Is it okay to tip with USA$ ?

Yes they prefer the US dollar. No problemo😎 your going to have a nice day at a very quaint very nice little establishment on a beautiful beach. 

Have a nice vacation. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to NC last Thursday.  We enjoyed our day there, mainly because it wasn't crowded and it was very quiet.  We don't care for the loud party atmosphere, so this suited us just fine.  We arrived early and had a palapa on the beach.  The palapas never did fill up with people either, despite there being 7 ships in port that day. The beach was also clean and the water was great. I don't care to drink, so all of my beverages were alcohol free - strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas.  Tasty enough but not outstanding. I asked for a mango daiquiri, but he said they don't make those w/o alcohol (?). Waiter seemed annoyed that I didn't want alcohol.  I would think they'd be glad since it's cheaper for them to make it that way.  Husband had a couple of beers, a couple of daiquiris, and bottled water.  When we first arrived our waiter came by often, but his stops grew farther apart after noon.  It was annoying that they didn’t have a drink menu to look at.  I heard another lady say the same. Lunch was good - not stellar, but we enjoyed it.  I did enjoy the fried shrimp. Don't bother getting the custard dessert - get the cheesecake instead.  Husband had the grouper, which wasn't bad. Guac was freshly made. Tortilla soup was very good. Didn't get in the pool or hot tub, but they both looked super clean.  Restrooms were clean as well. Was disappointed that they close at 3PM – had planned to stay a little longer since our ship didn’t leave until 5:30 PM. I hadn’t planned on purchasing a picture, but we liked it enough so we did.  I nice little souvenir. Cab fare was $20 getting there for just the 2 of us.  Coming back there were 6 of us in a van.  Driver still charged us $20/couple.  I'm pretty sure we got scammed, but we were all just ready to get back on the ship by the time we got back to the terminal and didn't want to argue w/him about it.  (I wish I had taken a pic of the cab fare board before we left the terminal to go to NC.) Plus there was a cab next to us that contained a girl who had clearly been to another AI and had way too much to drink - the evidence was all over the side of that cab.  She was completely passed out, and they were trying to get her out. Once I saw that I was just ready to pay and go!  

15 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Was disappointed that they close at 3PM – had planned to stay a little longer since our ship didn’t leave until 5:30 PM

I  have never known them close at 3pm? 

Are you sure there wasn’t confusion over the kitchen closing, which they do early then the bar or ship time vs local time?

From their website

Opening Hours - Monday to Saturday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 P.M. (Cozumel Local Time), Sunday from 10:30 am to 6:00 p.m.

Yes that is a taxi scam that annoys me. Even worse now they have increased the prices.

Edited by c-leg5

7 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I  have never known them close at 3pm? 

Are you sure there wasn’t confusion over the kitchen closing, which they do early then the bar or ship time vs local time?

The guy came around and said we are closing at 3PM and the staff were putting up chairs, etc.

23 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

The guy came around and said we are closing at 3PM and the staff were putting up chairs, etc.

I have had them come round and say the kitchen is closing with drinks available for maybe another hour but to close the whole facility 2 hours early seems strange. I am sure some of the regular visitors will be able to answer better than me.

At Del Mar (sister location) they have been quite happy for us to stay on the loungers after closing although they do lock the restrooms at official closing time. A little more difficult at Nachi because you need to be able to call for a taxi.

When you have paid for a day pass to a facility and you are cut short 2 hours i think I would want to know why.

Were you sailing from Texas and it was 3 o’clock ship time?

Edited by c-leg5

Im pretty sure Nachi has always closed at 3PM except on a couple of days with late arriving ships. 

I know they stay open till 5PM on days the Carnival Paradise is in port. (us in February) Not sure if there are other ships they stay open late for.

48 minutes ago, bguppies said:

Im pretty sure Nachi has always closed at 3PM except on a couple of days with late arriving ships. 

I know they stay open till 5PM on days the Carnival Paradise is in port. (us in February) Not sure if there are other ships they stay open late for.

Are you saying the website is incorrect? I find that very strange - 3pm local time would be 2pm ship time for ships sailing from Galveston, hardly worth the effort or expense of a day pass. 

They used to have what they called “sunset hours” for ships arriving after noon but that was later than 5. 

As I stated I know the kitchen closes early  because even that is odd to us since we generally just go to beach bars (not clubs)  which stay open and serving into the evening, but we have always stayed our full time at Nachi when we have gone during land visits. I would have been disappointed to be thrown out mid-afternoon when the website says 5pm.

What time is check-in and check-out?

Open Monday to Saturday. Opening Hours from 8:30 AM to 5:00 P.M. (Cozumel Local Time).

Open Sunday . Opening Hours from  10:30 AM TO 6:00 P.M (Cozumel Local Time).

For cruise ship passengers arriving after noon to port, we remain open until 6:30 pm. (Apply for specific cruise ships and days only)