Best way to get to White Bay Cruise Terminal?

Hi all,

Just noted checking the port schedule that the Noordam is docked at white bay on the 10th Dec. Ahhhhh...I've had my usual at Rydges circular Quay booked all year. Silly me.

Only docked at White Bay once, and that was disembarking a Ponant ship.

What would be the the best way to get to White bay these days? I noticed certain roads are closed off these days and captain cook had a water shuttle that looks to be discontinued on some websites?

Any suggestions welcome...thanks

28 minutes ago, Lanwood said:

Hi all,

Just noted checking the port schedule that the Noordam is docked at white bay on the 10th Dec. Ahhhhh...I've had my usual at Rydges circular Quay booked all year. Silly me.

What would be the the best way to get to White bay these days? I noticed certain roads are closed off these days and captain cook had a water shuttle that looks to be discontinued on some websites?

Taxi or Uber,the ferry is no more.

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

I am planning to Uber.  Will have the special road info handy in case the driver is not familiar with the closure.

Check the price, as taxi could be less expensive.  Last week, on a short ride uber was $24, whilst taxi was $15.  With Dynamic pricing price can change up to time of departure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lanwood said:

Hi all,

An uber/ cab is best, although if you want a more scenic route, you could get a ferry to Darling harbour or Balmain and then cab/ uber it from there.

White Bay is a joke as far as getting there. Our Uber drove to a point where an officious lady said we had to turn around and go a different way. So we did this, drove around for another 5-10mins and came to a junction about 100m from where we were previously, with the lady still there turning cars around.. For whatever stupid reason cars aren't allowed to drive on that 100m bit of roadway.

12 minutes ago, Gerko said:

White Bay is a joke as far as getting there. Our Uber drove to a point where an officious lady said we had to turn around and go a different way. So we did this, drove around for another 5-10mins and came to a junction about 100m from where we were previously, with the lady still there turning cars around.. For whatever stupid reason cars aren't allowed to drive on that 100m bit of roadway.

We had that problem when White Bay first opened. There was a sign that said there was no access to the cruise terminal on that road but when I tried to tell our taxi driver we were already past the sign and he and my husband didn't listen.

I would have thought that the Uber driver should have been aware that there was no access the way he/she went.

Some days the Robert St gate is open, others it isn't.

The main reason is that the local residents objected about traffic & noise when the terminal was being planned, and the Balmain residents tend to get what they want. Traffic signage takes you around Glebe Island, the port maps describe the proper route and the cabbies always seem to find the place OK. A cabbie that is being paid by meter is happy to go the correct route.

The intersection between Robert St and Port Access Rd is also somewhat blind, so restricting traffic through there is a good thing.

• Like 1

There’s a private ferry that goes from Barangaroo to Black wattle bay . It’s just around the corner ,you would think they would take on White bay cruise terminal.

Has anyone tried a water taxi? For a group it might be a viable solution.

34 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s a private ferry that goes from Barangaroo to Black wattle bay . It’s just around the corner ,you would think they would take on White bay cruise terminal.

Looked at a water taxi once a few years ago for 8 people, Rose Bay seaplane base to Darling Harbour.

Water taxi = very expensive. For a group it is cheaper to charter a shuttle.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t think there is any facility at White Bay for water taxi passengers to get off/ on. The pontoon that Captain Cook Cruises used, I believe, was their own and is no longer  there ( I could be wrong though). I will check it out next week when down there for Disney.

Edited by gbenjo

12 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I don’t think there is any facility at White Bay for water taxi passengers to get off/ on. The pontoon that Captain Cook Cruises used, I believe, was their own and is no longer  there ( I could be wrong though). I will check it out next week when down there for Disney.

I know water taxi’s are expensive but it could be a option if there’s a landing.

4 hours ago, Lanwood said:

Hmmm, so an Uber, and a route map on how to get in.

Lucky I checked in with you guys.

Have been to White Bay many times by taxi and they all knew the way. Under $20 from QVB. May have gone up a little since last time.