What will happen for cruises leaving Haifa (Isreal)

PBM13

We are also on the 11/20 and have called NCL twice over the last couple of days and quickly get the bum’s rush to get off the phone. Today the rep said an email would go out this week but that was it. Upon asking any questions I was talked over with the same statement of they are working on it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lifeintravel86 said:

Another Epic port currently considered "at risk" per the news report below is Cyprus.  Depending how this all escalates, ports in Turkey may not be friendly either. 

We have decided not to wait to see how this escalates, and have accepted NCL's offer of 100% Future Cruise Credit plus refund of taxes and excursions, and have cancelled our cruise.   We understand everyone's disappointment and our hearts and prayers go out to everyone in Israel or who has family in Israel. Be safe everyone.

One additional point that NCL conveyed directly to us is that the FCC will not be posted until closer to actual departure date, and due to the significant number of people who have already cancelled, NCL will make their ultimate decision on whether cruise happens at all based on some magic number of the passengers that remain. Unfortunately, for all of us who were hoping day after day after day that there would be an official announcement, it may still be a while.

IMG_6953.thumb.jpeg.f6417bc183fa4c4b5a38dbc2fa58443f.jpeg

It looks like the information being told to the American customers is different than that of the Europeans.    What are FOX talking about that Cyprus is also on the list of ports being looked at to be stopped as it is "unsafe".  As Cyprus is one of Natos biggest stationary aircraft carriers with thousands of Nato troops and more aircraft than you can imagine, it must be one of the safest places to dock.  As for Turkey, once again as a Nato flag bearing nation, they are not going to put that in jeopardy 

2 hours ago, PBM13 said:

Well its docked.  Not sure why?  

9 hours ago, CruisingAlong4Now said:

Could this be right?  The Rhapsody of the Sea is heading to Haifa?  Is it doing an evac?

Americans who were stranded in Gaza/Israel are waiting there to be taken to Cypress by sea.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Valposada73 said:

I just called and NCL told me that we have two options:  1.  to cancel and receive a future credit.  2. That the ship is currently still leaving from Haifa and they’ve been told by authorities that the airport and port aren’t affect by the war.   So, go as is planned with the caveat that certain ports en route may change.   I asked how much time we would be given to change flights if and when the Haifa changes as the port of embarking… and then she repeated the same line that authorities are telling them it’s currently ok to sail from Haifa. 

i am on the 11/20 Epic.   Has anyone else called that’s on this same cruise and received this same communication?

NCL have said they are working on a solution

5 hours ago, njkate said:

Yes just saw that on news. They are then responsible to book their own flights home

There was a mention that there were 3,500 Americans aboard. Im sure whatever airline they would have flown home on will help them. Many of them had cancelled flights. Theyve already paid for their flights. Theres still a few thousand Americans still stranded though.

Edited by sailingships
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sailingships said:

There was a mention that there were 3,500 Americans aboard. Im sure whatever airline they would have flown home on will help them. Many of them had cancelled flights. Theyve already paid for their flights. Theres still a few thousand Americans still stranded though.

I’m sure they are all just glad to get out and will work out the rest of the way back to US

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rochajordan1 said:

breaking news! ncl epic 11/20/23 will start in athens. same dates. each room $200 obc. new air will be assigned 10/27/23

thats great news.  See you all on the 20th. yipeee

Just had the email

Original
Day    Destination    Arrive    Depart    
Mon    TEL-AVIV (HAIFA) ISRAEL        11:00 pm    
Tue    JERUSALEM (ASHDOD) ISRAEL    6:00 am    10:00 pm    
Wed    LIMASSOL, CYPRUS    10:00 am    5:00 pm    
Thu    RHODES, GREECE    10:00 am    6:00 pm    
Fri    KUSADASI, TURKEY    6:30 am    12:30 pm    
Sat    ISTANBUL, TURKEY    9:00 am    6:00 pm    
Sun    PATMOS, GREECE    2:00 pm    9:00 pm    
Mon    PIRAEUS (ATHENS), GREECE    7:00 am    5:00 pm    
Tue    AT SEA            
Wed    NAPLES/POMPEII, ITALY    7:00 am    4:30 pm    
Thu    LIVORNO (FLORENCE/PISA), ITALY    8:30 am    8:30 pm    
Fri    CIVITAVECCHIA (ROME), ITALY    6:00 am        
Revised
Mon    PIRAEUS (ATHENS), GREECE        7:00 pm    
Tue    RHODES, GREECE    10:00 am    6:00 pm    
Wed    LIMASSOL, CYPRUS    10:00 am    7:00 pm    
Thu    AT SEA            
Tue    AT SEA            

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PBM13 said:

Just had the email

Original
Mon    TEL-AVIV (HAIFA) ISRAEL        11:00 pm    
Tue    JERUSALEM (ASHDOD) ISRAEL    6:00 am    10:00 pm    
Wed    LIMASSOL, CYPRUS    10:00 am    5:00 pm    
Thu    RHODES, GREECE    10:00 am    6:00 pm    
Tue    AT SEA            
Revised
Mon    PIRAEUS (ATHENS), GREECE        7:00 pm    
Tue    RHODES, GREECE    10:00 am    6:00 pm    
Wed    LIMASSOL, CYPRUS    10:00 am    7:00 pm    
Thu    AT SEA            
Tue    AT SEA            

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I'm really impressed NCL was able to keep most of the itinerary intact. Kudos to them for working so diligently to provide the best possible cruise, despite the horrible circumstances in Gaza. 

• Like 1

Can you who have booked the 20 November cruise already see the 100 us$/ person obc on their account?
Yesterday I received 100 $ obc on my account and I thought yesterday that was for share ownership, but it could also be for this compensation??

21 minutes ago, Oil said:

Can you who have booked the 20 November cruise already see the 100 us$/ person obc on their account?
Yesterday I received 100 $ obc on my account and I thought yesterday that was for share ownership, but it could also be for this compensation??

No I do not see anything yet

• Like 1

I do not have a travel agent. I booked my own flight to Haifa with a discount. That discount is not available for such a late flight booking to Athens. As much as I was looking forward to this cruise, I am going to have to cancel. Any insight or info on my ordeal is appreciated. I already miss it.☹️

On 10/17/2023 at 1:11 PM, Oil said:

I was advised that the obc will not show on your reservation until we are on board as it cannot be used for pre-cruise purchases

3 hours ago, JCJCM said:

I do not have a travel agent. I booked my own flight to Haifa with a discount. That discount is not available for such a late flight booking to Athens. As much as I was looking forward to this cruise, I am going to have to cancel. Any insight or info on my ordeal is appreciated. I already miss it.☹️

I believe ncl will reimburse up to $300 for increased air cost.

4 hours ago, JCJCM said:

Change your flight. File an insurance claim for anything that NCL does not cover.