NCL Baltimore cruises

shipgeeks

A couple of posters on a different thread seem to believe that only RC and Carnival cruisers may park at the cruise terminal.  While it is conceivable that the lot may be 100% full when someone comes to board an NCL ship and gets turned away, the same would also obviously happen to someone sailing RC or Carnival.

18 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I guess we will find out after Nov. 22 and 27, and December 9 and 21 cruises.

I posted this second one on NCL, in hopes of further answers, but it was moved here.

Hasn’t NCL ever cruised out of Baltimore in past years?  That knowledge should already exist.

8 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Hasn’t NCL ever cruised out of Baltimore in past years?  That knowledge should already exist.

I don't think so. The four cruises this year, and one next September, are the only ones.

Have you ever sailed out of Baltimore?

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

I don't think so. The four cruises this year, and one next September, are the only ones.

Have you ever sailed out of Baltimore?

Yes, a couple of times - on Royal Caribbean.  While we had come down on Amtrak, I seem to recall seeing a lot of empty parking space in the lots at the cruise terminal - which is why I question the availability of parking.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

I assume older ship? Nothing new can pass under the Key Bridge. 

Only the new big ships are so limited.  I expect that there will be a return to somewhat smaller (admittedly higher fares) ships as more and mor of the monsters of the seas wind up being restricted to private islands - as mor and more worthwhile ports of call decide that they do not want thousands of bargain cruisers disrupting their economies and ambience and limit port calls to smaller ships - which are likely to be carrying higher-spenders.

NCL cruised out of Baltimore about 10 years ago.  Not sure if another cruise line was also sailing at that time.  Their new cruises started 09/2023.

Before then the parking situation was Carnival on one side of the terminal and Royal on the other.  That’s how it was on our last cruise in March.  

When we asked about NCL, no one was sure how it would work.  Guess we will find out next month.

• 4 weeks later...