sailing off in a few days any cut backs anyone noticed in the last six months or so?

seaman11

10 minutes ago, icft said:

I guess it is one of those "you can't win for losing" situations.

I have seen threads in which an OP expressed surprise about some "changes" they encountered on their cruise only to be pretty much told they didn't have the intelligence of a brick because they had not been following CC. Everything they mentioned had been discussed on CC ad nauseam and they were an idiot for not having done research before their cruise. Now the OP of this thread is doing his research. Since covid, on each cruise (12 cruises for us) something has been "changed" as the OP has probably noticed (can't say cut, that is negative thinking and change is normal and constant) so OP is asking. Strangely on our recent cruise, for the first time since covid, the only change was for the better.

Yikes!  You are right about can't win for losing.  I understand and agree with the points you make.      

Honestly didn't feel or see any cutbacks last month on Celebration. It was as close to a perfect cruise I ever had.

I heard and read you would be charged at Chibang each time after your first time eating there. We ate there 3 times with no extra charges.

Can't speak to the quality of the food at dinner in the MDR because we didn't have any dinners there. I already knew from past cruises it had gone downhill a bit and wasn't as enjoyable so just decided to avoid it.

The biggest change on this cruise was for the better a lot of people would think. This was the 3rd time having cheers and unlike the other two times every drink was strong! This lightweight can tell the difference, had to leave a few half full because they were too strong😮

• Like 2

2 hours ago, icft said:

I guess it is one of those "you can't win for losing" situations.

I have seen threads in which an OP expressed surprise about some "changes" they encountered on their cruise only to be pretty much told they didn't have the intelligence of a brick because they had not been following CC. Everything they mentioned had been discussed on CC ad nauseam and they were an idiot for not having done research before their cruise. Now the OP of this thread is doing his research. Since covid, on each cruise (12 cruises for us) something has been "changed" as the OP has probably noticed (can't say cut, that is negative thinking and change is normal and constant) so OP is asking. Strangely on our recent cruise, for the first time since covid, the only change was for the better.

I would think soliciting positive feedback would be included in doing research. Fair and balanced, doncha know?

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

.and our last cabin steward basically told me, after I asked for evening service, that it was not fixed - and that he'd get to us sometime during the day (morning/evening). After a little more discussion, he then understood that he'd not be able to access our cabin (SNOOZIN) except during the evening.

Tom

Yep thats how it was for us the last few times, even though we prefer evening, No biggie really for us, we just put the snoozing sign up when we are in cabin and if we aren't there they can come at whatever time is easiest for them

• Like 1

I thought the food that we had on Glory was some of the best we've had on Carnival, so food is entirely subjective (and this was for the old menus, can't wait to try the new ones next April). Of course, two different people can make the same dish and have it taste different, so much of this has to do with the cooks themselves and their experience rather than the food itself. I've known cooks who could take the toughest cut of meat and make it some of the best I've eaten and others that could take the best prime cut and turn it into shoe leather.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ldubs said:

Personally I wouldn't solicit a bunch of negative feedback just prior to a cruise.  It is going to be what it is going to be.  Enjoy!  

One would like to know what to expect , it doesnt sound too bad so i am happy about that.  Its good to know for anyone that it msy be a deal breaker booking future ones 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I thought the food that we had on Glory was some of the best we've had on Carnival, so food is entirely subjective (and this was for the old menus, can't wait to try the new ones next April). Of course, two different people can make the same dish and have it taste different, so much of this has to do with the cooks themselves and their experience rather than the food itself. I've known cooks who could take the toughest cut of meat and make it some of the best I've eaten and others that could take the best prime cut and turn it into shoe leather.

Among the cruise lines I've used, the best sea day brunch I've ever had was on Carnival.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

One would like to know what to expect , it doesnt sound too bad so i am happy about that.  Its good to know for anyone that it msy be a deal breaker booking future ones 

Yes, you make a good point.  I guess I initially read this kind of like tell me why I am not going to have a good time.  But I do recognize that If you were concerned it is good to ask.  For future bookings you will have excellent info based on your actual experience on your current cruise.  Enjoy! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

Yes, you make a good point.  I guess I initially read this kind of like tell me why I am not going to have a good time.  But I do recognize that If you were concerned it is good to ask.  For future bookings you will have excellent info based on your actual experience on your current cruise.  Enjoy! 

So far having a great time 👍🏼 thx. I dont go looking to complain just hoping cuts arent too bad. 

• Like 2

What an excellent thread. Cruise is already booked, so literally just looking for negativity to bring in.

Not only that, but no one really has any "new cutbacks." Instead, we made this a greatest hit of all of the favorites. Tablecloths, room service, food going downhill since 1972. A+

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

What an excellent thread. Cruise is already booked, so literally just looking for negativity to bring in.

Not only that, but no one really has any "new cutbacks." Instead, we made this a greatest hit of all of the favorites. Tablecloths, room service, food going downhill since 1972. A+

Well, that was certainly uplifting...😇.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 8:20 AM, mz-s said:

In my opinion the food quality and service quality has severely declined on Carnival, but that isn't a 6 month thing it's been a steady slide since the COVID restart.

I hear the same thing about Royal Caribbean. With all the debt these companies are carrying I guess something had to give. Unfortunately the prices have only gone up while the quality has gone down. That being said, I never starve on a cruise. Just have to look harder for something I like.

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I hear the same thing about Royal Caribbean. With all the debt these companies are carrying I guess something had to give. Unfortunately the prices have only gone up while the quality has gone down. That being said, I never starve on a cruise. Just have to look harder for something I like.

The problem is on a cruise you can't just drive downtown for takeout. Food quality is paramount. On my last Carnival cruise, nobody I spoke with had anything positive to say about the food. The best one person said was it was mediocre. That's not good.

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

...That being said, I never starve on a cruise. Just have to look harder for something I like.

We had a short cruise on Regal Empress (Imperial Majesty Cruise Line) many years ago. That's really the only time I felt hungry much of the time. Ordering room service, you had to order 2-3 sandwiches in order to have enough meat for 1. The main feature at the buffet was little smokies.

Oh, and you could only double your 9-10-11 in Blackjack to top it all off... LOL

When it was time to fill out the customs form, I had to go to guest services to use one of their pens. She handed me one, and told me she'd need it back (heck, it might have been the only one onboard)!!

I hated that cruise -- and was thrilled when they scrapped that ship!

Tom

5 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The problem is on a cruise you can't just drive downtown for takeout. Food quality is paramount. On my last Carnival cruise, nobody I spoke with had anything positive to say about the food. The best one person said was it was mediocre. That's not good.

I've noticed changes (yep, not for the best) even in the specialty restaurants... see THIS thread I put together earlier this year regarding the Mardi Gras. Sad, but true.

Tom

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I've noticed changes (yep, not for the best) even in the specialty restaurants... see THIS thread I put together earlier this year regarding the Mardi Gras. Sad, but true.

Tom

Yes the food quality on Carnival is really in need of serious help. I cancelled my 2024 Alaskan sailing and have no future cruises with Carnival at the moment because of it.

• Haha 1

Our visit to the Steakhouse on Carnival Miracle last month was wonderful. No complaints about food or service. Even the cheesecake is now right-sized. No, it wasn't my birthday, but seemed disappointed that we weren't celebrating anything so I said it was my birthday. They even threw in a couple of glasses of champagne.

PXL_20230911_054443577_DxO.thumb.jpg.6d8

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mz-s said:

Yes the food quality on Carnival is really in need of serious help. I cancelled my 2024 Alaskan sailing and have no future cruises with Carnival at the moment because of it.

If you are a foodie, there are many Carnival Corporation cruise lines you can select.  Carnival Cruise Line is about fun -- advertised as "The Fun Ship".

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

If you are a foodie, there are many Carnival Corporation cruise lines you can select.  Carnival Cruise Line is about fun -- advertised as "The Fun Ship".

So they can just put sandwich vending machines on the ship and call it a day? I think even folks whose primary focus is fun want to eat something a little better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We had a short cruise on Regal Empress (Imperial Majesty Cruise Line) many years ago. That's really the only time I felt hungry much of the time. Ordering room service, you had to order 2-3 sandwiches in order to have enough meat for 1. The main feature at the buffet was little smokies.

Oh, and you could only double your 9-10-11 in Blackjack to top it all off... LOL

When it was time to fill out the customs form, I had to go to guest services to use one of their pens. She handed me one, and told me she'd need it back (heck, it might have been the only one onboard)!!

I hated that cruise -- and was thrilled when they scrapped that ship!

Tom

We gave up looking for a pen and used the Lil Smokies 🙂 

undefined

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Our visit to the Steakhouse on Carnival Miracle last month was wonderful. No complaints about food or service. Even the cheesecake is now right-sized. No, it wasn't my birthday, but seemed disappointed that we weren't celebrating anything so I said it was my birthday. They even threw in a couple of glasses of champagne.

PXL_20230911_054443577_DxO.thumb.jpg.6d8

Are you zydeco cruiser or using his photo?