***Admins*** Can we get a sticky for Cheers! Questions?

grillinchillin

Many of us finding less value of this forum do to the sheer volume of Cheers! questions that could simply be resolved by a simple Google or Carnival website search.

The same could be applied to FTTF and Cabin availability times.

IMHO, many of the informative posts about specific cruise ships and cruise reviews get demoted due to the sheer number of redundant questions from people to lazy to search.

-Rant Over-

Edited by grillinchillin
Spelling error.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, grillinchillin said:

Many of us finding less value of this forum do to the sheer volume of Cheers! questions that could simply be resolved by a simple Google or Carnival website search.

IMHO, many of the informative posts about specific cruise ships and cruise reviews get demoted due to the sheer number of redundant questions from people to lazy to search.

-Rant Over-

95% of these posts have nothing to do with a cruise.   The answers are all online or call you pvp.  

• Like 2

The trouble with stickies is that the answers get buried in pages and pages of posts and people don't want to be bothered browsing for the answer (just like they don't want to be bothered going to Carnival's website and finding the answer there). Since most threads about Cheers are clearly labeled as such in the subject line they are easy enough to avoid.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

The trouble with stickies is that the answers get buried in pages and pages of posts and people don't want to be bothered browsing for the answer (just like they don't want to be bothered going to Carnival's website and finding the answer there). Since most threads about Cheers are clearly labeled as such in the subject line they are easy enough to avoid.

The sticky can have an FAQ. Answering a few questions (pasted from Carnival). Like what day Cheers starts, does everyone in the cabin need it, what does it include. That FAQ could answer like 90% of questions.

47 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

The sticky can have an FAQ. Answering a few questions (pasted from Carnival). Like what day Cheers starts, does everyone in the cabin need it, what does it include. That FAQ could answer like 90% of questions.

Yes but if they dont use Carnivals FAQ why would they use Cruise Critics FAQ?

• Like 7

These are problems that forums like this and social media have had for years, it'll never be solved. Everyone think their question is unique and deserves special attention, surely nobody else has ever thought of it before so there's no way it could possibly be on Carnival's website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

Yes but if they dont use Carnivals FAQ why would they use Cruise Critics FAQ?

Exactly.

• Like 1

The search feature on here is pretty rough. Not very user friendly for those who do choose to try searching which you see in post here and there. You can always keep scrolling and by pass the Cheers! threads, like the price increase that had 3 different threads all started within an hour of each other. 🤣

Is Cheers! worth it?

13 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

The search feature on here is pretty rough. Not very user friendly for those who do choose to try searching which you see in post here and there. You can always keep scrolling and by pass the Cheers! threads, like the price increase that had 3 different threads all started within an hour of each other. 🤣

Is Cheers! worth it?

Or all the "my wife is a Mormon and I drink like a fish" people who think they're the only people in the world who thought of that excuse to share one Cheers package.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, highSeas22 said:

95% of these posts have nothing to do with a cruise.   The answers are all online or call you pvp.  

So let's get rid of 95% of the posts? Won't be much left to read. To be fair, I always search the board and or Carnival's site before posting a question and often times I still can't find the answer. Not saying it isn't out there, but sometimes there are a ton of threads/posts that come up and it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

17 hours ago, grillinchillin said:

-Rant Over-

I'm not sure why I'm so peeved by this post. I've asked questions about cheers,and I'm most definitely not lazy.