Move up question?

Susanb10567

I am currently booked in a Sky Suite on the Beyond…thinking of bidding for a Royal suite or Edge villa…

What do you get with the move up..do you get unlimited specialty dining? Just a little confused as to what comes with the room once your bid is accepted…

thx

8 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

I am currently booked in a Sky Suite on the Beyond…thinking of bidding for a Royal suite or Edge villa…

What do you get with the move up..do you get unlimited specialty dining? Just a little confused as to what comes with the room once your bid is accepted…

thx

For those suites you get unlimited specialty dining and a bar set up.  

You basically get the amenities that come with the room.   2 Bottles of Booze of your choice, unlimited specialty dining, Laundry and dry cleaning etc. 4 internet accounts. 

You do not get any additional perks like free tips.      If you booked with the all included prior to the elimination of gratuities and obc you should already have all the perks.

We moved up from a veranda to Sky Suite for our 2022 cruise and did not receive an upgrade to our all-included package, which originally included the Classic booze package and basic Wi-Fi.

Not sure if this has changed, nor do I know if moving from one suite level to the next makes a difference. It might, but according to Celebrity's "move up FAQ," Q2 states you won't receive any additional promotions, and Q-Last states guests will pay a higher gratuity amount. Our 2022 AI included tips, and I don't recall paying an additional "difference" at the end. I also recall we did not receive the additional OBC offered at the time if we'd just booked the Sky Suite initially.

No complaints here; we had a blast and now just book Retreat-level stuff. Hope this helps, and good luck if you decide to bid!

cjr

I feel like I’ve seen two different responses to this question. If you were upgrading from, let’s say a concierge suite to a sky suite …. This actually includes all the specialty dining restaurants?

I understand Wi-Fi and drinks are separate.  

4 hours ago, AMediator said:

I feel like I’ve seen two different responses to this question. If you were upgrading from, let’s say a concierge suite to a sky suite …. This actually includes all the specialty dining restaurants?

Incorrect.  The free speciality dining, premium WiFi, premium drink package, etc. only come with the higher suites.  This DOES NOT include any of the Sky Class suites, or Celebrity Suites. 

7 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Incorrect.  The free speciality dining, premium WiFi, premium drink package, etc. only come with the higher suites.  This DOES NOT include any of the Sky Class suites, or Celebrity Suites. 

Now I am even more confused. I thought that any suites are part of Retreat.  All Retreat suites come with premium drinks WIFI and gratuity ( booked before10/4/23).

Also, we will be going on 10 days cruise this November ( booked 18 months ago with AL). I got an offer to upgrade to Sky suite for a good price. All Retreat is sold out. There are other suites included in upgrade offer. How Celebrity can offer something that is no longer available. And if I get an upgrade, will I lose my AL?

The confusion here is between the amenities that go with the suite (Retreat access, etc.) and perks (premium drinks, wifi and gratuities).

You DO get the amenities that go with the suite, so if it includes specialty dining and a bar setup, that's what you get.

You DON'T get any extra/higher perks. If you had the all included plan before, that level will stay the same (standard drinks, wifi and regular level gratuities - if included) You will NOT be upgraded to premium drinks and higher gratuities.

i hope that helps clear things up.

Edited by Guindalf

3 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

Now I am even more confused. I thought that any suites are part of Retreat.  All Retreat suites come with premium drinks WIFI and gratuity ( booked before10/4/23).

Also, we will be going on 10 days cruise this November ( booked 18 months ago with AL). I got an offer to upgrade to Sky suite for a good price. All Retreat is sold out. There are other suites included in upgrade offer. How Celebrity can offer something that is no longer available. And if I get an upgrade, will I lose my AL?

The Retreat on your cruise may show sold out at the moment, but one or two could open due to many different circumstances.  If you want a sky suite make a bid.  

18 hours ago, AMediator said:

I understand Wi-Fi and drinks are separate.  

Unfortunately not true.  You only get free specialty in RS and above.   You don't even get that with a CS

5 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

Your understanding is partially correct.   You do get the All inclusive if you book and pay for a Suite but if upgraded the perks you currently have come with you and you do not get the Free Premium Drink or Internet.     On the positive side you get all the free drinks you wish in Retreat Lounge.

Another exception is that if you are upgraded to RS or above you get 4 internet High Speed Accounts and two liter bottles of liquor of your choice (this is a Room Amenity not a Perk).

I would definitely bid.   Even when fully booked rooms do open up due to illness, death and other unfortunate problems.    If an upper suite opens it then sets off a chain of potential upgrades.

Edited by Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

It is confusing, but premium drinks etc. don’t come with the room, they come with the package you typically buy to get the room. If you didn’t originally buy that package you don’t get it through MoveUp.

42 minutes ago, ISABELLA said:

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge. This is my first up grade bid. I did put a bid for a Sunset Sky suite. Keeping fingers crossed. 

Wishing you the best of luck with the Move Up process!  Among the Sky Suite categories on E-Class ships, the Sunset Sky Suite is our favorite. While it may not be close to Luminae and The Retreat, it certainly ensures you meet your daily step goals as you walk back and forth.

10 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

All suites are part of the retreat but the suite perks, Premium WiFi and Premium Drink package come ONLY if booked as a suite, not with Move Up.  With the Move up upgrade you will retain your AI that you originally booked but it will not be upgraded as part of the move up.  This is stated in the Move Up documentation. 

The only time you will be upgraded to Premium WiFi and Premium drink package as part of a Move UP bid is if the move up is to a higher class of suite, e.g. Penthouse, Iconic, Royal 

10 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

Celebrity is always offering rooms that are no available as part of the Move Up process.  They do this in case someone cancels at the last minute and a room becomes available.  If one does not become available then they tell everyone who bid that their bid was unsuccessful.  

Edited by DaKahuna